Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Montana Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by RiotKrew, Sep 5, 2004.

Share This Page

1. FesterMRS

FesterMRS Member

My personal favorite is the pilot supercolor(black) its a great size, and the ink is great. Weatherproof and all the shit. For small tags, i use oil based paint markers i rack at the local hobby lobby. I believe most pilots are refillable.

2. cuttingxedge

cuttingxedge Senior Member

motana markers suck in my opinion when you pump them its like the markeris peeing, the ink is really opaque and colourful but thats about the only good thing to say about it they are very easy to buff and arent really worth the price i have some montana xtra large markers they are sick on glass and give u sucha nice big tag but can get buffed sooo easily but wtv it will stay up there for like 3 or 4 days soo thats good! honestly get an otr hardtobuff they never fail ora pilot its a classic! :rolleyes:

3. ^ AsTro ^

^ AsTro ^ Senior Member

Hmm. I gonn buy some shit at montana online store and need you guys opinions.

Whats the best OTR or PILOT i should buy?.. hands down

hmm i think they sold out on the otr hard to buff( thinking of getting flowpen)

next choice thinking of getting pilot jumbo cheaper too...

http://www.bombingscience.com/catalog.htm?category=Markers

4. cuttingxedge

cuttingxedge Senior Member

well if you want ink thats harder to buff and that u can get drips with go for the hard to buff alittle more pricery but thats how things roll get a pilot jumbo at any staples or grand and toy.

then go on the streets and have a mary old time :rolleyes:

5. eaze

eaze Senior Member

From my experience the hard to buff ink is less permanent than the pilot ink

buy a pilot

6. aCId II nz

aCId II nz Elite Member

yo any body that readin this shit montana r refillable just unscrew the top clockwise e z az that and then screw it up again.
    if somebody allready said that...... shit, my bad

7. ^ AsTro ^

^ AsTro ^ Senior Member

From my experience the hard to buff ink is less permanent than the pilot ink

buy a pilot [/b][/quote]
    i cant go out no where far or in certain areas....because of my mom and my fuken PO, and i literally dont have anything to write with except with a pencil,pen,highlighter, and almost outta ink sharpie(like four of em), and i dont even have my blackbook no more, !!! so im hitting a normal linepaper notebook, and im DIEING!!! JUS TO DO A LITTLE TAG WITH A OTR or MOP!!! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!!!!! T_T

im soo desperate im actually looking for objects that are not already tagged on.... except the walls. SAVE ME AND SEND ME SOME CHARITY XD...

8. SaDiStIc

SaDiStIc Member

the ink sucks, fades quick by weathering, easily buffable, the nibs are rounded.....
    I do like the 30mm size however....

9. yuki

yuki Elite Member

I owned a white mini, and I never tried to refill it. I would always just refill my flow pen. I tagged a carport in my friend's apartments with the mini about a year ago, and even through rain and weather that thing is still bright as ever. At least that is my isolated experience with it. I haven't owned another montana, so maybe it was just that one marker that was like that. I like the crazy drips you get from a OTR flowie, and the ink doesn't fade for a long time. I don't study up much on home made mops and all that, so I won't comment there, but I will say those markers you have will do at least semi-pemenant damage.

Thanks for the tip about the Montana's aCId II nz. I have a marker that is flourescent orange marker made by some people based in Japan. It has the same pump system as montana, drips and all. I took your advice and gave that bitch a tight spin clockwise, and sure enough, it opened right up. I have some left over OTR.484 dirty flow ink that's gonna refill that shit when it runs out too! That should make an interesting color (muted orange). I work more with canz, but damn there's just somethin' about markers. peace.

10. garamba

garamba Member

montana markers are good if you put ink (corio or inferno are good) in them but paint in them sucks

11. -resq-love-obk-

-resq-love-obk- Elite Member

hell yea! its funny around my town everyone only uses the montana markers so its all the same colors...except for the spray. but i couldnt take it anymore so i made like 3 green ones. nice green too. mmm.

12. Atom

Atom Senior Member

Montana's ink goes fast on the minis dont get them and if u try to refill them with any other ink or paint with thinner for me it didnt work ....the light blue larges are good and they should make bright green ones:D

13. NightStalker

NightStalker Senior Member

i got a montana silver ink refill can , so i guess there refillable , and i have an OTR Molotov 060 , when the copper mettalic ink is out , ill fill it out whit the montana silver ink and tell you if it's any good ( it's thinner that the default otr molotov 060 ink thats all i know [less pumping , more leaking :p ] )

14. kyer

kyer Senior Member

yeah to finnaly set it straight spainish montana markers fucking SUCK.. the marker itself is good but the ink is water soluable u can take it off with a wet thumb. soo stop saying they are good!

15. oblong

oblong Elite Member

i have a 15mm 30mm full and a 50mm
    and im happy with all of them
    it seems that the ink is now better
    ther are refillable but i doubt u could mix the right paint solution
    better of refilling with ink after the nib is very rinsed out

16. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

i always ruin there ink with rubing alcohol or paint thinner, i can't help it, i have to try n make it better

17. RookieX412

RookieX412 Senior Member

...i like my montanas, the ink is questionable...i only use the black, pink, and silver...the pink is the worst i think...but its cool for a while :D :D :D

18. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

pilots are the way to go...VERY permanant, VERY smooth, VERY cheap, VERY good nib, VERY big, and VERY clean.....ya just cant beat em

19. SHift

SHift Senior Member

\
    \
    \
    \ I'M BORED ;)
    \
    \
    \_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \

20. DOUK or DIE

DOUK or DIE Elite Member

its not that diffucult to tell if a marker is refillable and if its not meant to be refilled you can probably find a way, i only like the wide ass montanas cuz there big, the ink is shit so i add my own special blend