Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Montana Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by RiotKrew, Sep 5, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Seek

Seek Member

Montana paint is water based but that doesnt mean that it comes off with water. i marked a piece of painted steel in my house with a navy blue Montana 15mm paint pump marker and a OTR hard-to-buff. let the paint and ink dry for a day and wet both marks with plain water and tried to rub em off with my finger. didn't work even when I tried rubbin them harder.

the only shitty thing with Montana markers paint is that it takes a while to dry on smooth surfaces. that means if you just wrote with it and there is a heavy rain before the the paint dries, the rain most likely will wash it away.

Peace.

2. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

thats french you fucktard

3. Tails0nE

Tails0nE Elite Member

man they're perfectly fine....

they're good markers... they're dope...

although with me i used mine and then didnt use it for a while,
    so then one day i took it out with me and shook it up before
    i hit up my spot, then i opened the cap and some of the paint
    or ink or whatever flowed out... but hey maybe its just my marker....

but they're good.... dont worry about it...

4. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

whoever didnt know what a pilot was, and thought it was like a deco..i think it was inker who said that...u are a fucking DUMBASS!

5. EONone

EONone Senior Member

Now... I never use my light blue Montana because well... I hate it. Montana ink blows hardcore.

But here's the crazy part:

I opened it up the other day.... and it was moldy!!!! THE SHIT GOT MOLDY!!!! WTF!?!

6. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

its cause the ink is water based. so just imagine like a wet sick sitting in the corner of your room for a while. not very appetizing, haha

7. "awesome"ONE

"awesome"ONE Elite Member

Overall I think Montana Markers are average. Becuase of the waterbased paint or whatever, it does make the consistency kind of weird therefore making it easily scraped or buffed off. I have heard though that they are refillable and that on some surfaces they can last a longer time. However OTR markers are definatly more permanent.

8. cuttingxedge

cuttingxedge Senior Member

i rhink ive posted on this thread many a time but wtv i dont really enjoy montana markers the paint is bad id rather just go steal a posterman or a terra cota or zig woodcraft but im not that into colours or anything i usta rock otr hard to buffs alot but that shits way to pricet and can be bufed! so fuck that although the ultra wide montana body is sick i ushually just empty that marker and put pilot ink in it its so hard to buff and just a solid black that weather cant break down

9. DNA

DNA Elite Member

jsut today i ordered
    Violet Flowpen, Black OTR .050, Metallic Blue OTR .060, Baby Blue OTR .160, Black OTR.080 Hard 2 Buff, and a Navy Blue Montana Mini

10. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

I GOT MY OTR'S TODAY!!! i got a metallic blue .060, a pink flowpen, and a hard 2 buff

11. STRIFE

STRIFE Elite Member

i would assume that there just like postermans, i got a .084 flowpen(black) and 0.184 mini (red)

12. STRIFE

STRIFE Elite Member

i got my .084 today ^_^ , but i should got some refill ink :mellow: , o well

13. BAZE

BAZE Senior Member

montanas r good. but ONR r better.

14. "awesome"ONE

I think the look of the montana markers ink is more fancy than the OTR's. But the OTR metallic colors are really nice.

15. element503

element503 Elite Member

ok so my friend wants a green montana large. personally im not a big fan of the montana. its way too eazy 2 buff. besides that their alright.

you think he would be satisfied with one? (hes toy)

16. Fredd Rock

Fredd Rock Member

talking of markers, all you really need is simple: just one fucking black jumbo pilot + ink. period. but if you wanna be like, a writer deluxe, you need X number of marking devices: 1 Pentel (thin lines, refillable), Pilot or OTR hard2buff (medium lines, refillable), shoe polish (fat lines, mad refillable!). thats it ! you know what, you won't be a better writer cuz you got all those fency markers you know...well, i act like i know but i got a whole bunch :) lately, i got that fresh n99 marsh applicator (wasnt my best buy, cuz the pentel can be as good...but not as fresh...) but you know, i might be a classy writer i guess !!haha

17. toxus

toxus Elite Member

there pretty good i think

18. "awesome"ONE

one day i'm going to use up all my montanas and other markers, get 3 pilots and an etcher and i'll be done lol. Until then though i'm sticken to mantanas and my other markers

19. CHILLEN905

CHILLEN905 Elite Member

HAHAH MONTANAS R POSTER MANS WIT A DIFF STICKER AN THEY COST MORE Y PAY FULL PRICE FOR A NAME WHEN U CAN GET IT FO SO CHEAP OR FREE

20. ->toNE*

->toNE* Elite Member

my light blue L an my light blue XL are dope,my L white sucks