Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Montana Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by RiotKrew, Sep 5, 2004.

Share This Page

1. element503

element503 Elite Member

im not a fan of the nibs. im basing it on the xl tho but the 2 times i used an XL it came out like sort of not smooth but like the sides of the letters went on and off. it was like the paint didnt want 2 come out there. but i think if i just pump it a lil more itt will.

but its not smooth writing.

2. Bass~choker

Bass~choker Senior Member

my l kicks ass but my xl sux cock the pump valve like dosnt work the ink just pores out but there the german montana i wanted the spanish but they sent the wrong ones. im gona get me some of on the run markers i hear there the shit

3. {MaD MIzE}

{MaD MIzE} Senior Member

erasers are perfect for nibs.

4. ->toNE*

->toNE* Elite Member

was do u think about the pink montana marker.

5. ->toNE*

->toNE* Elite Member

wrong thread may bad uni, flow.wont let it happen againe

6. anarchyshok

anarchyshok Senior Member

i learned if they are reffillable the hard way when the ink was almost out i opened it up saw that lid thing turned the marker upside down shook it and all the ink spilled on my floor so now my floor has a light blue splash

7. MitNGEK

MitNGEK Elite Member

i got 3 montana markers and there have real thick ink and i liek them and in y city they never buff anything so i dk if tyhey buff easy

8. FUCKdaPOGEES

FUCKdaPOGEES Member

:blink: yo i got a bunch of empty montana markers and dont know what to do with them... can someone please tell me what kinda home made ink can i use???
    and what works best??? :blink:

9. Zodiak Kid

Zodiak Kid Senior Member

I got a few montana markers. I have this XL purple montana that i havent used in a while, the other day i took it out to do some handstyles and there was fuckin mold growing on the nib. So i poured a lil bleach on it and wiped it off with a paper towel, but i think im gonna have to replace the nib. I've never done that b4...can any1 tell me how?

10. M A G

M A G Senior Member

cant anyone type right?

but yeah i got an xxl mtn marker i dont like it cause its too big..
    but they are very easy to buff.
    waterbased paint.
    but i like the handstyles i get with them. B)

11. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

you say cant anyone type, then you abbreviate montana? is it really that hard to type the seven letters? jeez
    ps, montana mini 30mm are the cronic shit, and you can pour the ink out BEOFORE you ever prime it and refill it with otr ink duh

12. M A G

M A G Senior Member

..abbreviations dont fuckin count.

im talking about the people who say shit like.

"whuz up, plz" ect.

13. shineONE

shineONE Elite Member

the thing is, with XXL markers, u need a spot big enough for your tag to fit in.

14. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

for real. just get a zig 2 way glue. i bought one for 4.00 even today at michaels with a coupon. refilled it with about 1/6th of the bottle of OTR ink i have. its a montana mini L nib but with glue in it and in scrapbooking sections of many craft stores.

15. settybomb

settybomb Elite Member

I Really love Zig posterman markers because i can rack them and there at a craft store right outside of the city near me, and i just use one everynight then go and get another one. haha 15 colors to.

But montana markers dont really strike my fancy, Its all about my flowpen or my Hard to buff.

16. M A G

M A G Senior Member

17. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

GTFO YOU FUCKIN POSTWHORE.BAN!

i smell bacon..

18. -sap-24

-sap-24 Member

I have both otr paint and ink markers,
    I currently own 1 montana 15mm and one 30mm (both paint).

Compared to the OTR(paint) they are truley amazing.
    the paint flow is so nice, and even and come out without streaks everytime.
    The Otr i find it leaves alot of streaks and when pumped the paint tends to go
    out of the side of the nib instead of into it.

I have no comparison for the Otr ink to the montana ink.

But i can say that the otr hardtobuff is a very well made marker,
    and is deffiently one of the nicest i have ever used.
    (with a good ink)i like a hard to buff and garvey mix myself but you may want to change it up.I've heard flowpens are pretty good to, altough i have no personal experiences with them unfortunatley.

Me personally, will never buy another OTR paint marker as i have only had bad expreiences with them (but alot of people quite like them.).

I say go with the montana nice colors, good flow, A WAYYY better Size selection (15mm,30mm,50mm) and in my opinion an overall better marker.

Ps. You may want to try the 15mm Zig woodcraft (or postermann which are avalible in a wider varity of colors but are still the same marker although michaels rarley has them <_< )markers at michaels
    the color selection isnt so good, but if your just looking for a black red white or dark blue your fine.
    (also if you take out the paint in it and fill it with montana marker paint (or OTR)
    it will be i find a very good (and excesable marker becuase sometimes getting stuff off the internet isnt always easy in all situations.

*cough*goforthemontana*cough*

hope this helped.
    Akts2.
    :)

19. -kosr-

-kosr- Senior Member

The montana's got like water based paint don't they?

"This post has been edited by Kayone707 on Jan 28 2007, 03:38 AM"

Not retaliating but that didn't need an edit, I personally know two other writers named m**e, and plenty more that don't. Dont worry I don't have any e beef kay, I dont swing that way. :D And it rhymes too.

20. Deso7

Deso7 Senior Member

yeah montana has water based paint but its still dope as fuck.
    sap you wanna know why michaels has no markers...
    your reading the guys post right now haha.
    but definatly montana as sap said the otrs are worse for sure i still like them but w/e id go montana