Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Philisophical Concepts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonedope, Apr 8, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

define intelligent, Rasputin. INtelligence by our standards are uncompared because we cannot compare our views with any other entity except ourselves (humans)

2. Grigory Rasputin

Grigory Rasputin Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  3. Mute1

Mute1 Elite Member

Shit I don't know, like I said, just because humans haven't figured it all out doesn't mean it's not true. It's pretty obvious if you look at the history of earth that evolution exists. But evolution doesnt have anything to do with the origin of life does it. But why a god just like us? Why is that the only valid option? It's the only one people can understand. I think theres something deeper to reality, and thats where life stemmed from originally. Some kind of force or system...theres no need to throw in a humanized creator in the mix.

After all, if the creator had to "program" or design the universe, that means he must already reside on a plane of reality with it's own rules and laws to build the universe into. Like how a programmer needs an operating system to design their programs. So where did that level of reality come from? Another intelligent creator? When does it stop? Sooner or later, life had to have come from "nothing" for lack of a better term. It's not really nothing, we just don't have anywhere near the knowledge to comprehend it.

And ya, I already said intelligence in a different form is responsible. Not a thinking mind like our own but an intelligence of systems if u will. The problem is people have such a hard time accepting that intelligence can arise without a concious, critical thought process like we have. But lets not forget, nature gave us this intelligence. What we have is simply a focused lens of intelligence. Nature's intelligence bestowed upon living creatures to aid in survival.

4. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

RASPUTIN> Alright, I can accept that, it's just that as soon as someone mentions god, they automatically think "religious", It's fucking bullshit. I don't believe in god in that religious sense, but in the sense that yes a god (note the lower case g) is a higher being wh created us. However, there is scientific proof that we have evolved from amoeba, crawled to land, developed into primates, then human beings.
    What say you?

5. fannypack uprock

fannypack uprock Elite Member

heres the deal.

nothing is completely separate.

even molecules are a rough estimation (a cloud if you will)

creationism is bullshit.

classical evolution is bullshit.

intelligent intervention mixed with evolution.

even thoughts arent completely separate from the rest of the world.

all is one. on a more literal level than you would imagine.

a lot of shit doesnt make sense.. because its not suppsed to... atleast not to us. our brain capacities are limited. for a reason. theres ways to surpass the limitation. most of us will never discover it.

there will be a push towards 'spiritual' evolution soon. no one will ever be the same. a lot wont make it through the transition.

ill stop before everyone stops talking to me cause they think im crazy. but i do a lot of thinking. i dont give a lot of explination behind my claims because quite frankly right now i dont care to. good luck.

6. Grigory Rasputin

7. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

I'm too drunk for this right now. I might post in a bit :lol:

8. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

am i the only one who lives each day as it comes and doesn't care about this stuff too much?

9. fannypack uprock

god is a creation of the people. religion is made to control the masses. not to say that all religious scripture is bullshit.. but most religions are designed a certain way for a reason.

10. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

vegimite, Iit seems obvious to me that you aren't the only one, but some people can't help but think about this shit, like insomniacs (aka: me)

11. Grigory Rasputin

12. vegimite on toast

i heard a quote somewhere about religion, i liked it

"Perhaps blessed are they who do not dwell on what may have happened in the past or look towards some glorious afterlife, but instead simply treasure each day of the present"

thats pretty much my beliefs right there in one sentence

13. fannypack uprock

no not at all vegi. i dont think most people bother with this sort of thing these days. its sort of a lost art. or a lost waste of time.. depends on which direction you take it. ;)

14. Grigory Rasputin

15. fannypack uprock

and even in a philisophical point of view theres something to be said about that sort of view. it sort of follows the ignorance is bliss vein to a certain degree.. not that thats entirely a bad thing. for a lot of people it is a better path to choose to just live life and let life live. but my brain wont let it stay at that. sometimes i wish it would but im far from that. i probably would be happier if i could but i dont know if i would trade it for the world.

16. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

welcome to philosophy.

17. vegimite on toast

i wouldnt give it a name, i call it me

18. Grigory Rasputin

no not at all vegi. i dont think most people bother with this sort of thing these days. its sort of a lost art. or a lost waste of time.. depends on which direction you take it. ;) [/b][/quote]
    no way bro...this ties into everything we do no matter how remote or general
    life is full of interconnected peices and philosophy and similar schools of thought are in my "peices"

19. fannypack uprock

people interested in this thread would also be interested in this book called 'the celestine prophecy' check it out if youre really into this sort of thing its more set like a novel than a dry philosophy text but its still got some very impactful writings in it. give it a shot. its not too preachy, not to new agey. some good stuff.

20. vegimite on toast

i didnt say dont think about it AT ALL, i said just not much. it seems the only times i think about the higher stuff is when the nights winding down with the buzz of whatever drug im doing