Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Philisophical Concepts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonedope, Apr 8, 2006.

Share This Page

1. fannypack uprock

fannypack uprock Elite Member

life IS interconnected pieces. period.

2. Grigory Rasputin

Grigory Rasputin Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  3. fannypack uprock

fannypack uprock Elite Member

yeah i hear ya vegi. thinking about it too much can cause some people to kinda cross the line into a bit of insanity. it definately takes a different kind of person to devote a whole lot of time into thought like this... since its all so abstract in a certain sense youre kinda on your own as far as having an anchor to hold on to (once you get deep enough into it)

4. Mute1

Mute1 Elite Member

Yeah i totally agree with you.

Also, I agree that besides matter and energy, there is intelligence. But it is not embodied in a designer, it's just an ingrediant in the system.

as for whether or not you like to think about this stuff, why not? Why not sit and think about this shit for a while instead of watching tv or whatever meaningless activity you would be doin anyways. You will its fulfilling and satisfying to at least get somewhat of a grip on reality, a feeling that you are at least beginning to understand our place in all this shit, even if you never fully do. Then again for some people this kind of thought is impossible. They are just way too confined and isolated in human culture, without the ability to grasp higher levels of consciousness. Most people take it all , life universe the planet, for granted.

5. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

okay guys, your all obviously got higher intellects, ill leave my opinions out of this thread, you guys continue

6. Grigory Rasputin

7. Mute1

Mute1 Elite Member

What opinions? The opinion that we shouldn't care about any of this? Please...theres nothing worse then willful ignorance.

I don't think im of higher intellect then you at all and I didn't say that. You can philosophize and still enjoy life each and every day, infact it'll probably help you enjoy life more.

8. vegimite on toast

not to be condescending but do you know what those mean?

they are virtually what you said in varying degrees [/b][/quote]
    and i didn't say that everything is unexplainable, it just hasn't been explained yet...will it ever be?

sorry for not adhering to your beliefs, but its obvious that whatever i say will be countered by you because you dont see life as i do. if you want to try and prove how i live as wrong and try and make me look like an idiot, go ahead, i was just giving my opinion

i think ive thrown myself in the deep end of this thread, im drowning, maybe this stuff IS to much for me

9. vegimite on toast

i wasn't saying that about you, you're fine with me

10. Grigory Rasputin

11. vegimite on toast

ill just say this again

i think ive thrown myself in the deep end of this thread, im drowning, maybe this stuff IS to much for me

12. Mute1

Mute1 Elite Member

ok veg thats cool.

whats really tripped out is thinkin bout all the other millions of planets that are most definitly teeming with life just like ours. Believe it or not, they are out there, happening right now. Fucked up situations and lands with alien beings going on everywhere in the universe as we speak. Scary how isolated we are.

13. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

Willfull ignorance? Come on. Ignorance is bliss. I mean, I'm not admittng to comelete ignroance and turning a blind eye to a problem or anything that Idon't agree with, but you have to admit. The quote holds truth. If I was ignorant. I'd be QUITE happy. As it is. I am not.

14. Grigory Rasputin

15. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

Have a good night, glad you contributed something actually smart to this thread, hopefully idiots won't infect this one.

16. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

I found a little strengh to reply to Feliks!..heheh I just needed to watch TV for a littlebit..

oh yeah...I mean, I love art, I love graffiti, music, computers, etc. which are things which wouldn't exist if men lived like plants contemplating how beautiful it is to "just be themselves" but I'm not saying that I can't live in total happiness without these things(they are extras which I'm willing to "leave behind" and I aknowledge I have them, unlike other people who say THEY ARE THEMSELVES by being a goth, rasta, ganster, etc.)...Rastas can live perfectly fullfilled and happy without dreadlocks and smoking weed those are all choices...happiness is something internal, not something that depends on the external which is what I think one of the big misconseptions in this world.

I do not believe that a person can be born a goth, rasta, etc...its something one chooses...I Honestly believe that WE ARE NOT OURSELVES if we are following some one else's thoughts...ex:
    If the whole world wears blue shoes ONLY and doesn't question this idea or "who thought about it?" I would be wearing blue shoes as well...so does this mean that blue shoes are the way to "be"? because it doesn't provoke thought? I don't think so...(exageration:)I believe that the closest people in this world to "being themselves" are lost somewhere meditating in the forrest naked away from civilization eating very little, etc. etc...I guess kinda like Nirvana to the extreme...They have EVERY answer one needs to know and if you think about it, a person in this state can cross out every rule that every religion states...almost crossing into the Idea of Adam and Eve but what "fucked up" adam and eve? temptation I guess but now that just jumps into "what is it that separated us from animals in the first place?"

In a way I believe that everything we do is for personal satisfaction...why would you want to tell a joke in the first place? obviously to make people laugh and in a way feel accomplished and "stimulate" WHO KNOWS some part in your brain which makes you feel good...you don't know what these people are feeling at the same level you are feeling this satisfaction... therefore you relied on other people's laughs to give YOU satisfaction(again something external(their laughs) to achieve something internal(your satisfaction))

My basic point is that you can reach this satisfacion(or maybe not even need it) which is encapsuled by what I'm calling "being yourself!" and you woudn't even need to tell a joke...

I believe that one can see everything from a perspective, even death or EVERYTHING...Its harder when you live "glued" to earth's stereotypes with your lfestyle or your actions ex:
    crying in a funeral...why do people cry??
    if you don't cry people'll think your a fucking bastard and you might say "losing someone you love is terrible!" but technically speaking the fact because why you are crying is because you were attached to this person...then again, relying on something external for some sort of satisfaction that you had which you won't have anymore!...if it was your distant cousin which you saw once..people won't think you're a fucking asshole for not crying in his funeral..

unless you want to make a absolute truth and include the word "love" in there I think one can see the human being as a very selfish being...

^i'm not replying to that heheh, its just the leftover...I"m kinda tired...but when you read what I said you might think "damn, this is one damn self-centered SELFISH cold ass motherfucker!(or his beliefs are)"
    but to what point can't we all be called that considering the perspective I just gave?
    it can also be interpreted into: we are all connected in some sort of way(or the group of people we are with) and we "are ourselves!" and that human nature requires this "materialism or external satisfacion" and that we all are subconciously aknowledging this and therefore we have progressed into the civilization we are today...
    but i'll tell you that civilization today seems way more "disturbed" and corrupted and than civilization even 100 years ago when the technology hadn't boosted like it has in these few years...

sorry if Im not too clear...I speak spanish and it make it kinda hard.. :p (excuses)

17. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

*** and to what point haven't I just boosted my ego by posting something which I think "is relatively smart" and achieveing the same satisfaction which I'm talking about or "am against"?

18. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

Lol, good for you spiccy. Don't worry though, I'll be up and at it tomorrow. You'll have plenty to respond to then!

19. *~ANZIO~*

*~ANZIO~* Elite Member

i fucked up tonite..
    i got drunk and fucked this chick and she was eh-eh.
    when i cuda been at this party with this girl..(woo!) but this other party was broken up when my friend castro got his nose split open in a fight. he's still in the hospital but it fucked up my nite. relate?

20. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

Is this philosophical in any way?