Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

It's nothing to do with tradition, it's refinement. It's the stripping of bullshit that isn't needed. It's modernism. It's being left with a meticulously thought out and arranged card that is beautiful in it's simplicity. It has nothing to do with tradition or 'big business'. Seriously. Do some research.

2. Werse

Werse Elite Member

3. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

lol thats awesome but pointless. Like i said, i will make something later and post it here.

i never said that simple isnt nice. I respect simple, but sometimes things get forgotten when all of them are simple

4. ares

ares Elite Member

I doubt a lawyer would ever use a business card like that. And theres no hate, just honest and realistic opinions from people who obviously have some experience and knowledge about what your trying to do. Whether you blow it off or not is up to you, but don't ask for a critique and get upset when people tell you something you don't want to hear.

5. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

[Broken External Image]:http://apexpromo.com/en/product_images/uploaded_images/business-cards-example.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.allinonestudios.com/documents/businesscards_06_ezg_2.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://onwired.com/images/portfolio/linda-stanley/business-card.jpg
    thought this one was pretty cool actually ^

edit

if your doing a business card for a photographer maybe put there face or like use there building they work from or something to do with them in with the card.. sorta like this .. thought it was decent.
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.sperrysphotography.com/images/Sperry Photography Business Card 2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  6. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

NO NO NO WaYYYY to much imsorrry that shits over the toooooop

ai39.tinypic.com_1zpp0ep.jpg
    coo coo ca chuu

none of you photos should be on the card its not a portfolio its how they can contact you so have your name what you do and website ThatS IIIIIIT that shiit looks like someone threw up on a peice of cardstock

7. Werse

Werse Elite Member

And plus like I said before, getting all this fancy shit printed on a laser jet is gonna be expensiveeeeeee.

8. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

professional and to the point
    ai39.tinypic.com_uwopj.jpg
    ai41.tinypic.com_nb2g3t.jpg
    puttting photos and eveything you do on your card is like rocking a crazy fill for your piece but having a WAcK letters

9. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

10. Werse

Werse Elite Member

Fix up the the b&w on that last one.

11. UpstateHate585

Alright listen, I don't get pissed at crits, I get pissed on how people say it sometimes. To me, you can hate something all you want but if you can at least offer something more than "that sucks, learn about design" I will be more receptive I guess. Bad day for me too, I was on edge a bit.

I never said simple isn't cool and all, I was just going for something different. Obviously it doesn't work and I'm back to square one. I knew going into it that I wasn't gonna have my first one be a winner.

I apologize for the attitude earlier.

12. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

whoa there cowboy, noone wants beethoven taking photos for them

your first card you targeted preschoolers, now your targeting the elderly, make it universal son!!

this literally took me 3 miniutes, and it shows but its simple and its universal, im terrible at design but you dont need anything flashy

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd99_powerfulimpakt_tfp_1.jpg

the people arent gonna "forget" you...unless your work is worth forgetting, if you stand out to them, your in

its not like the people your gonna hand these to get buisness cards on the regular, chances are they almost never get buisness cards

to each his own man but dont get so defensive, everyones just trying to help, but fuck it, if you wanna be outside the box then go for it, their definetly gonna remember you, but not as the photographer that had a nice buisness card

edit: i didnt read your last post, but...yeah...

13. Werse

Werse Elite Member

Take out the underline from the email, and match the font throughout and you have a sold card right there.

14. UpstateHate585

Like I said, I apologize for the tude. I have some ideas I'm gonna toss around in photoshop when I get home. I have no design experience per se, I like to draw and design clothes and stuff not like traditional design if that makes sense. I might use my tablet later and try some stuff out. I have a better feeling about where I'm heading with it lol

15. get a grip!

get a grip! Senior Member

ai43.tinypic.com_o0bcp5.jpg

you could remove the border and throw a logo in there if you make one. really basic but not too distracting.

16. UpstateHate585

i am pretty happy with this one. not totally perfect yet. crits?

front
    ai44.tinypic.com_1yvex5.jpg

back
    ai41.tinypic.com_6pu5oh.jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  17. RFI. SPit

RFI. SPit Moderator

Alright guys, this isn't the business card thread

18. UpstateHate585

no, but its the photography thread. and the business cards relate to photography

19. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

Name and photography on the left side.
    Number and email smaller pt. size and on the bottom right.

20. UpstateHate585

thanks, i'll try it.

fuckin with some shit, self portrait. fuck im ugly haha.ignore my face, hows the lighting?haha

ai40.tinypic.com_ama4gy.jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010