Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. J.Channa

J.Channa Senior Member

I've used all 3. I'm guessing you havent even seen the 1.4 besides on the internet. 1.8 blows and will most likely break in your pocket. The end.

2. S4d3n

S4d3n Senior Member

True, well I'll take your guys' word as I have not handled the 1.4 in person, I'll continue using the 1.8 because it fills the basic needs of my application of the lens, going to be looking into something wider for the future, as I probably wouldn't have been looking to purchase any of these lenses had I not been offered the 1.8 for free. Anyone have any opinions on the Sigma 17-35 2.8? :p

3. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

imo everyone has there own likes about certain lenses.. iunno what the big fuss is about some lens that does him pretty decent for just pretty much starting out.. and he seems to know a bunch about the ish but thats just me speaking on your guys rants ;)

4. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

ahh i got u bro.. and yes indeed that street is all kinda going downhill/uphill hah... its hard to get my eyes to focus for leveling during the night.. but thats something i will deff keep working on.. other then that im improving somewat i guess wit my photos.. plus this one day a week photo class im taking helps me out a bit but got long ass way to go for sure.

5. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

yah but i haven t picked up me dslr in a while been using my 35mms a lot

and i regret buying it should of gone with nikon strictly for the glass.

but fuck iiiit.

6. zio

zio Senior Member

yeah youre right... now i think about it, the glass is whatd make a difference..

7. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

I'm using my connections to try and get work with photography...interior decorators,landscape management firms,mens clothing,and various civil contractors...here are a couple that I have taken in hopes that i may be able to make use of ... so far i am doing birthday parties and putting together Family calanders...

trying to line up, barters with the landscaping firm ,and interior design firm for services rather than monetary compensation.

[Broken External Image]:http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/5411/dsc0050f.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [Broken External Image]:http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9596/dsc0010bh.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9172/dsc0042qe.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6066/dsc0016m.jpg

I can get the work all i have to do is ask,as I seem to be setting a precedence in these areas... just don't know if i'm good enough yet

any responses comments are most welcome

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  8. immoral

immoral Elite Member

I feel the indoor lighting is poor.
    Invest in strobist equipment

(external flashes fired by pocket wizard or CT-04 transmittors and receivers)

9. zio

zio Senior Member

i would just opt for longer exposures. with flash, youd get shadows.

btw cuccui, enlarge those photos a bit

10. immoral

immoral Elite Member

good point about shadows, but I often compensate for such with a flash on the opposite side. Though, with furniture thats almost impossible

11. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

I like the idea of using longer exposures as a lot of these houses using flash is not such a great idea..think about living in a museum...for the most part they are sufficiently lit...

besides i experimented with flash and it created an image that was so dark nothing was recognizable...

thanks for the comments so far

12. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

That third one could be really nice if you straightened it out a bit.

13. zio

zio Senior Member

1st needs less depth of field
    2nd needs to be in focus and maybe a different angle.. the lamp shade on the left covers your table/center piece
    3rd i think is good
    4th again, move the lamp shade off to the right side of the frame more closer to the edge

14. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

15. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

If your getting into interior and architecture photography I have a lot we can talk about... not sure where your getting at with those interior shots.

16. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

17. dinedgc

dinedgc Elite Member

18. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

[Broken External Image]:http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2255/gunii.jpg

is this real? if so, lucky cunt. colt .45 is my favourite pistol...
    Is that latch at the back of the grip a safety? I have only fired a classic colt which didn't have that...
    I like to think of my leica as a colt 45... they look kind of similar if you look at my signature next to the .45 picture... both fully mechanical, heavy, both have the power to freeze life and both are purely functional... :)

19. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

Yeah, the latch is one of the safeties. It's my pops' gun actually, we haven't shot it yet, though. Hopefully next time I come home me and him will fire some rounds.

20. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Film it... I want one so bad... but in my country it's extremely hard to get a license for a rifle, let alone a pistol. It takes nearly 3 years of stringent tests and checks. Definitely a good thing, but not good for me :(

My friend up to some serious mischief on the balcony of my old apartment with semi-automatic version AK47 with a silencer, scope, bipod grip, and a laser dot pointer... (fully automatic rifles are very illegal in NZ unless you have a 'collectors license' which are next to impossible to get.) aiming at other people's heads in the buildings next to me.... not the safest pastime...

[Broken External Image]:http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4223/dsc7232jpg.jpg