Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

political thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scary letters, Feb 26, 2008.

Share This Page

1. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

you're fuckin retarded.

someone mentioned foreign policy, i'd just like to back them up in saying how fucked it is. i hate the people in charge of this country so much i cant even express it. it really makes me embarassed to be american.

2. Cause816

Cause816 Senior Member

Yeah. Being an American used to be what everyone wanted. But now CAST is right. Being an american is embarassing. I mean everyone hates us because of what our government makes us look like. Too many people have died for the wrong CAUSE. It just pisses me off.

3. STR-WHO

STR-WHO Guest

your a fucking retard, im muslim and ive read the Qur'an and theres nothing in there that says that, so shut the fuck up 'cause you think with your dick

4. Steel!

Steel! Elite Member

yea and besides, so what if we had a muslim as a president? for one thing he wouldnt be a right wing conservative christain and for another... our foreign policy would be ecstatic. think about it.. if a muslim were the US's president so many countries would respect us and stop hating us. thats one of the reasons i want obama.. yes because of his skin color. i know that sounds.. racy or whatever but having a black president especially right now would do wonders for our relations with other countries.

5. Captain

Captain Senior Member

I'm gonna say obama here, because I feel that hillary is a great presidential candidate, not a great president. Seems like she's saying what she needs to to get into office.

On the topic of foreign relations, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7d_e9lrcZ8&feature=related
    I really like Ron Paul's views right there. He's not going to win and I don't want him to, I'm just behind that specific viewpoint. It's really time for us to just get the fuck out of there and apologize. The whole "we gotta remain till it's stable" thing is bullshit.

As for religion, it'd be nice to have an respectful atheist/agnostic atheist in office. Doesn't align with my beliefs, but it'd near guarantee separation of church and state.

6. ...uhh

...uhh Senior Member

ya steel... i think its nice that u want the us to be liked by the rest of the world but do u think...the rest of the world elect their leaders so we will like them... u think a german is sitting in his house saying "the americans dont agree with my gov how can i vote so we can be freinds....?"

probally not......(nobeef im not trying to be a dick)

i think this election ( my first fuck yeah) im gonna vote republican ...not because i like it but becase the alternative IS worse...i mean obama and said in a speech (basically to sum it up) ...if we werent spending money on the iraq war we could spend money on roads schools hospitals and domestic needs....but then he is like a major proponent or cosposner i think of hte global poverty act....basically give us taxpayer money to the poor all around the earth...up to i think .7% of US gdp.....thats alot of money!!!...that could be going to schools hospitals and domestic needs.....heh...

and then hillary clinton with her husband helped push through nafta which has hurt the american economy more than it helped (back then they thought it would stimulate the us economy and bring jobs or something...) she was more of a copresident than anyhthing with bill....so we wanna elect her for "change"
    bush
    clinton
    bush
    clinton.

real change....

i wondering thouhg to the ppl voting this election what is the most important issue for you?

7. ...uhh

...uhh Senior Member

lol btw violence is down in iraq...and the parliment is starting to get things done...its by no means over...but to the "iraq is another vietnam" ppl ...things are getting better...

8. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

the economy. its in the shitter. whats gonna be done about that

9. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

economy in iraq? or in USA?

neways.............i'm against Obama, i'm for McCain

10. Steel!

Steel! Elite Member

we lost the war in iraq. period. some odd years ago we had a 3 month window oppurtunity to get it right and for whatever reason, bush and/ or the military leaders chose the wrong decision. im not going to get into military strategy but we had to do it right and we fucked it up. so whatever u see now-a-days, while killing might be down or whatever, its still not going well for us and its not going to get better till we pull out.

"stay the course" was fucked from the beginning

11. whatadizaster!

whatadizaster! Senior Member

the U.S and the fact that 1 euro is like 1.50USD

12. Steel!

Steel! Elite Member

yea i see what u mean.. but u cant really deny that bush has lost the respect of alot of world leaders so i think in this election it IS somewhat important to elect someone who the rest of the world will get along with. and i think obamas that man (or women)

13. tork614

tork614 Member

ok no beef or ne thing but you say your an atheist but your name is "rasta or die"
    rasta is short for rastafari
    which is a religious movement that accepts Haile Selassie I, the former emperor of ethiopia, as a God Incarnate, whom they call Jah. who as seen as part of the holy trinity as the messiah promised in the bible to return.

oxymoron? i think so

get your shit straight and give religion a chance it might help you out in the long run.:)

14. STR-WHO

STR-WHO Guest

hahaha tru

15. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

fuck bush

im moving to canada

whos with me?!?!?!

16. ...uhh

...uhh Senior Member

steel man the military leaders didnt get it wrong. at first it was politicians running the war and micromanaging...now we finally have military minds running the war and violence is down due to the generals leadership and the surge. also the parliment are beggining to comprimise . the iraq war isnt lost we are still fighting. also the world likeing the us is on the bottom of my priorities, ... they will like us next time they need us ...

17. HoodRichSucka

HoodRichSucka Elite Member

"fuck politics...." i dont care if thats an ignorant statement. thats my statement...

18. MessTonic

MessTonic Senior Member

Down with Hillary.. I dont really care for any of the candidates but i would choose Obama even though he lacks experience.. But whatever the government is Corrupt anyways..

19. Steel!

Steel! Elite Member

true uhhh but the war is lost. the thing was that yes, the military leaders knew what had to be done but bush didnt do what they advised. heres what shud have been done: history shows that when a government is toppled in an unstable country you must enforce the new law within 2 months of the overthrowing. this means cracking down and having EXTREMELY strict law and rules. this prevents widespread riots, theft, and a free for all. this was not done and thats why there was all the chaos. worst of all, it gave the terrorists or whatever u want to call them, time to regroup and and organize. what bush shud have done is done his troop surge years ago right after the government was toppled. but he didnt and there wasnt enough manpower to enforce and maintain order. now that he DID do the troop surge, things are slightly improving although this war will still go down as our largest military blunder since nam because bush didnt do what had to be done to execute a smooth transition of power

20. ...uhh

...uhh Senior Member

we are on the same page about the politicians fucking up at first only to be replaced by competant generals. but when a war is lost it means the military objectives were not met or impossible, our objectives for iraq are being met (albeit at a horribly slow rate). violence is being controlled, order is coming, and the iraqi government is finally beginning to get it together, but iraq is far from over, i think iraq will be on our plate for at least the next 5 -8 years. and its worth it i believe.