Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Politics and Religion discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lakim shabazz, Mar 15, 2011.

Share This Page

1. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

i dont remember ever voting america the world police, its none of their business^^^^

2. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

The situation in Libya is a little more clean cut than Iraq or Afghanistan. I wouldn't go as far as to say we're attacking a nation but more a rich tyrant and his mercenaries. The people of Libya more or less asked for the no fly zone, a UN backed fly zone mind you. I think its important to note the paradox that American policy makers face with regard to problems like these, some of the world look to us to intervene because lets face it, America, world police, have the resources to help the rebels overthrow Gaddafi and if they were to do so they would be on the "right side of history." But obviously entering another country, a mostly Islamic country, WITH OIL just doesn't help our relations with the middle east.

The rebels can fight with Gaddafi's army, but they have no way of fighting his airforce, what would you do? We have tons of destroyers, subs, air craft carriers in the Mediterranean, to sit idly by while someone with enough money to buy fighters and pilots is strafing his own civilians looks just as bad as intervening.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  3. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

Is it England's business either? Last time I checked they were firing cruise missiles into Libya too.

Britain, world deputy police, with their cute little bobby hats.

/No nationalism

4. the cannabis evangelist

i dont remember saying it was englands business

you better belive if there was nothing to be gained we would stay the fuck away.

5. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

Then why not mention them in your previous post instead of singling out America?

6. the cannabis evangelist

because it go's without say anything the usa gets involved with the uk's politicians will be knee deep on obamas sphincter

7. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

So you don't think we should be in Libya?

8. the cannabis evangelist

i dont think its anyone but lybias business...
    to be honest i dont really see any difference between gaddafi or any politician

9. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

I just think with regards to morality being passive in this situation is just as bad if not worse than being proactive.
    What makes Gaddafi worse than other politicians is his blatant corruption, he has so much power that he doesn't have to keep it a secret. When it gets that bad you become Kim Jong Ill status, crazy nutter status. In places like America and Britain cheating on your wife, if you high in the ranks, can possibly end your political career.

But yea, fuck politicians, power corrupts.

10. the cannabis evangelist

the only difference between him and tony blair is that hes honest about being a cunt.
    and the people who really run shit could rape a baby on live tv and keep their job... not these puppets

11. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

Who? The Saudis? The Illuminati? New world order oner.

12. the cannabis evangelist

all the rich bankers and drug Zaibatsu's or who ever else has them in their pocket
    i dont know if i did i wouldnt be living here instead of the bahmas

13. ribcage

ribcage Banned

America has focused on building the military up so much that it almost depends if not fully depends on being in a war. When you have hundreds of thousands soldiers in active duty if there wasn't war what would they do when they get back to the U.S.? there would be no jobs outside the military so they would get paid to sit around base. America is just using what they have, whether or not its the right choice.

14. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

A lot of people profit off of war its true and I think military spending here is absolutely backward, but unlike Iraq or Afghanistan whats going down is Libya is actually a cause I wouldn't mind my tax dollars contributing to.
    We should encourage all of these countries that have been rioting these people want democracy in one form or another, the same thing you and I have.

15. ribcage

ribcage Banned

precisely, having a monkey in charge who decided to go on a which hunt for "wmd's" is what fucked things up. until recently america shouldn't have been in the middle east

16. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

people need to understand Americas number one export besides garbage is weapons and military equipment it is already a military industrial complex. the corporation that is America needs to stay in business weather they get involved in legitimate wars or illegitimate wars. who do you think sells theses weapons to countries most of these countries don't have the resources to produce weapons on the scale that America does.

guns/gold, oil, drugs.
    is the that God America loves.

17. ribcage

ribcage Banned

America doesn't manufacture shit else but weapons anymore, a lot of people can't even get there cars fixed now because the parts they need come from japan + even parts for some of the weapons we make are imports

18. nah!

nah! Banned

you all ready for the rapture tomorrow?

19. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

rapture started on 9/11

its not time yet.

20. Ecru

Ecru Senior Member

Gaddafi flew in African mercenaries to kill his own people which he considered as 'rats'

Soldiers who opposed Gaddafi's orders to kill were met with a bullet to the head

Medical Team & Hospitals caught in the crossfire, even becoming a battleground

Shits been getting real this year

[Broken External Image]:http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7550/1299337502163large.jpg