Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

does anyone throw out old black books or do u keep them? because i threw out a few and now i wish i didnt, but i do have some saved to the comp, i like looking at all my old sketches.

2. nah!

nah! Banned

well stuff I don't like i cross it out, erase it or rip it up.

I rip up and throw all my tag pages away

3. Fube

Fube Elite Member

its nice to look back on memory lane, see how much you progressed over the years. if you do toss them you might regret it. personally i hate books, i like a plane sheet of white paper. i save out what i dig tho.

4. ian

ian Elite Member

how did everyone find their chill spots? I'm gonna be home in the summer and I'm probably gonna wanna paint some but I'm definately not tryin to catch heat for anything i'd rather just find a nice place to practice where i don't have to worry about gettin caught

5. elesdee

elesdee Member

^ if its a city you could probably search up some urban exploring destinations
    warehouses always work, bridges and shit of course

6. ian

ian Elite Member

it's definately not a big city, idk how to describe it really its not some shoddy ass tiny town but its not a big city

7. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

i found my chill spot in a large canal
    it's the same as the LA river but much smaller and with straight walls instead of slopes
    sneaked down there everytime and practiced, and the water level's always low during summer time, so whenever I went down there, the water would only be flowing in a narrow stream in the middle of the canal, and the sides and the walls would be dry
    it was really quiet and there was absolutely noone and nothing down there, not even hobos or animals... just me, my paint, and that HUGE HUGE HUGE endless wall. all to myself :)

8. ribcage

ribcage Banned

hit up dora and go exploring. really the only way your going to find a chill spot is if you go out looking for it, its not gonna fall out of the sky

9. ian

ian Elite Member

yeah i understand that, im just askin if you guys have any suggestions of general areas that would be good to search. and Phat maybe i should just move to lebanon lol

10. Fury

Fury Elite Member

If you find some streets on Google Maps that don't have houses, they'll probably have walls keeping them in. This is true for me, I actually have two areas near each other where they're supposed to build houses but don't get around to it, so it's just a whole lotta wall. Sewer ditches are also good, or maybe skateparks if you got any.

And you might be able to find some urban exploring places through searching Google for your town. I found some places that way too (even though they list dangers as: coyotes, other wild animals, and KKK members).

11. ribcage

ribcage Banned

so I been takin on a few canvas projects, and most of my old ass acrylics are dried up like so
    View attachment 603024
    cut off the top and its like a rubbery solidness now, Very doubtful that theres a way to fix it, but need a second opinion before I throw them all away...

12. Fury

Fury Elite Member

If it's acrylic, you can thin it with water. I dunno if that's what you were looking for, but there you go.

Heklr, I live in California haha. On the other side of town more near the tracks is where bums are 24/7. Constant fights. I can just imagine going over there at night. There are some factories over there though, but I don't think my town has many dope fiends or gangs (unless you travel into those areas).

I've honestly not had many stories, but I have been in abandoned places and had like 20 people (all 30+ in age) come inside. I never will understand that kinda shit.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  13. ribcage

ribcage Banned

nah first thing i did was put water on it, warm water barely even got any pigment and couldnt break down the paint

14. nah!

nah! Banned

Solid paint marker?

Theres this pretty cool spot down next to these railroad tracks but there is a road above it and the walls are not empty.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  15. pointman

pointman Senior Member

Talking about weird shit happening, there is a train yard about 10 maybe 15 minutes away from my house and i wondered to where they actually keep them at bay so off i climb over this small fence through some trees right next to a fuck off huge spiked fence and basically walked around the side of the yard and im looking into the yard and seeing loads of vans and security building things like portable classrooms then i end up in a field with about 30-40 sheep staring at me hahah then they started to follow me around so i slowly move back the way i came thinking i was going to be spotted with all these bloody sheep behind me... so random

16. lord_plankton

lord_plankton Elite Member

weve a yard too about 15 mins away but i got and still gets (rarely) hit since early 90ties, not easy due to all the fkn security. but its fun.

17. ian

ian Elite Member

i honestly don't see why they have so much security at train yards and shit, just lock up the cars and let it go, they're ugly ass train cars anyway, who cares if they get graffed up. If train yards were easier i think it would take more graff off the streets too. Just my 2 cents, i feel like people wouldnt care as much about graffiti on trains as they do graffiti on walls

18. pointman

pointman Senior Member

Plank you in the UK? security is usually there to stop thieves stealing the copper wire and shit they can sell basically. I did see at least 3-4 cars in bay to be washed though on the way back. Didn't fancy getting fucked for trespassing when i wasn't even going to paint or anything. Oh and those 3 spike fences look savage cant imagine the pain you would be in if you slipped on those fuckers

19. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

anyone know any cans i can rack skinny caps off of.... like brand, can name, isles, store would be greatly appreciated im sick of only using rusto fats. Cans in canadian tire and home depot would be best

20. Fury

Fury Elite Member

I go to into Michael's a lot when I need caps and just head to the spray adhesive section. I take the elmer's cap obviously, but there are some other cans with NY Skinny's on them. I don't know the brands or anything.

There's also some all black caps that are kinda skinnier than stocks.