Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. ian

ian Elite Member

technically a burner is supposed to be a piece with a char and a background that takes up the entire wall/train from top to bottom

2. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

burners ARE pieces
    the difference between burners and simples (the word you're maybe looking for) is that a burner is much more elaborate, much more professional, has muuuch better attributes in general and in everyway. cleaner, flows better, wilder, better colors, better letters. Most burners are perfect pieces in the way that they are "prefect" and that they have every element you can put into a piece 3D, shines, extensions, a background, a forcefield, a character, details in the fills...etc
    burners obviously take wayyy more effort and time, sometimes a whole day, if not more, even by pros.

and yeah yeah yeah lord plankton... whatevs man

3. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

pesoe read what phat2 said and GTF i allways do them i just dont take pics cause i dont feel like it
    last time i had noodles was two days ago :)

4. nah!

nah! Banned

i guessed it was something like that.

5. ribcage

ribcage Banned

burners "burn" off a wall, thats where it came from.

@skina sorries man but i dont think you always do burners.......

6. MrSpyrydus

MrSpyrydus Member

hello everybody. im still a "toy wannabe" if you want to call it this way...i saw on toys forum pieces much much better than mine so i dont even consider myself a toy right now. i just want to ask this question. hope it isnt pointless or such because i am not a native so my english is not the best. i tryed symple writting, and a little bit complicated ones and now i have a question. how to i join the letters to have a "flow" if you want. like with pipes and arrows and things like that. i tryed symple bubble letters and they look...well...at least decent. when i try something more edgy i just mess it up. they dont join together like they arent from the same piece. i dont know how to use the chips pipes and things...and the graffs from gallery are kinda complicated for me to read...not sayng about understanding them. how do i join them? tips tricks anything helpfully. i draw everyday but i cand draw something looking ok without having a photo on my screen... like a have a great model in my head and when i see the paper i just lose it...the paper washes my brain if you want. and id like to suggest a topic with pieces progress if there isnt one. i personally havent found one specific for this one... i would help toys not to bite them. i just want to know HOW TO THINK...and i am very sure this would help any toy out there that want to do good job but its lost on all those cool graffs. i hope you dont find it disrespectful. thank you alot

7. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

post a photo of one of your best sketches in the toy blackbook thread and see what advice people give you. I can't promise you'll like what they tell you though

8. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

aiight so... ive never done a true piece before, only painted a few times, simps and throw ups.
    but i was trying some practice on cardboard, and i know shit doesnt drip as easily on concrete walls and such. but once you get layers of paint on, like a fill, and 3d, when you throw on highlights and any other thing over the paint does it drip if you dont wait a bit? cause at least for this card board, it was just dripppping.
    its gunna be different on a real wall, but im curioius if it has any effect.

also gunna post this shit up once i take a picture.

9. ribcage

ribcage Banned

depending on what paint u use the first layers of paint you lay down can bleed through your outline/shines if their still wet, and can drip if you didnt put a clean layer. If you paint one spot too much and it drips and its still wet and you put more paint on top of it its most likely going to drip.

The bleeding usually only happens when your trying to outline a dark color with a light color like black fills and yellow outline if your using rusto and you dont wait for the black to dry some will bleed through the yellow; Or in most cases when your using chrome. Chrome always be bleeding through my black outlines pissin me off and shit, only paint ive used that you didnt have to wait to go over chrome was the molotow burners

10. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Cardboard fucking sucks, just get a plank of wood or something. No, it doesn't really drip, it usually dries pretty fast.
    Actually, I watched my paint dry in the sun yesterday, took a whole 5 seconds.

Anyway, switch the surface and you should be fine.

11. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

hahah, ribcage, and i was using yellow and black rusto.
    and i have been trying to get a big plank of wood, but my cars not so big.

12. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yeah of course chrome's a bitch... takes way too long to dry, if it's possible, might be better to come back the next day for the black outlines if you got time and it's a chill spot.
    , or leave the places you wanna paint with black empty. like if you got a chrome fill, leave the intersections between the letters a spray width empty for your black.
    also if it's a chill spot, I'd wait a good 5-10mins between each layer of paint, allowing it to at least get fixed on the wall.
    paints are liquid chemicals, its only common sense, get them in contact with each other when they're still liquid and they're most probably gonna get mixed and react to each other (in most times, one -the darkest- will counteract the other)

13. Fury

Fury Elite Member

You could always buy small planks of wood and put them together back at the house, or haul it on top of your car.

14. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

yeah i realize, ill figure something out

15. AUK

AUK Member

how can I sneak paint out of my house?
    my parents sit near the door (I live in an appartment so only one door and I can't throw it out the window)
    its too hot to wear a hoodie so I can't just put it in my hoodie... I tryed just shoving it down my pants but it leaves a huge buldge lol... if I just use my backpack my parents will ask me why I need my bag so
    anyone got any ideas?

16. Ace.K

Ace.K Banned

Kill your parents. lol Umm if you can get your bag out you can put a sweatshirt around them to reduce noise. Or just have a friend mule them for you. I just keep mine in the trunk of my car.

17. AUK

AUK Member

don't think I can get my bag out unless someone comes up with a good excuse why I need it...
    I just tried putting a can down my sock and hiding it with my pants it might work but when I walk it might shake the can and ill be fucked

18. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

if you skateboard or do any sport or anything your parents Would be okay with. then say you have that shit in the backpack, and throw a hoodie over the cans, then whatever else.
    You could just find a place to stash a few cans outside in a bag, and grab em when you go out.

you gotta come up with the reason though, if you ask people online, we can only throw out ideas, but we dont know if theyll work. so its best if you came up with it on your own...

19. AUK

AUK Member

I just stashed some shit outside when my parents left for like 10 mins
    if a hobo takes it before I can pick it up i will be pissed lol

20. Fury

Fury Elite Member

I stash some cans outside, but I kinda stopped doing that. Just find a bush and throw them in there. Make sure they're hidden though, because little kids have taken my cans before.
    I just throw two in my waistband and either bike or go for a walk.