Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Rap Advice and Critiques

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brainlord, Jan 21, 2009.

Share This Page

1. reallythough

reallythough Senior Member

"chain hang down to my dick im that gauty" - vinnie paz.

but you are right. i could sing about anything with a guitar and drum going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r0KpWMNxnM&feature=related

ive never heard any other genre be able to talk like r.a. does in this jam. he rips it the fuck apart.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  2. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

3. StayBlazed

StayBlazed Senior Member

for you, maybe some other people think like you and other dont, but thats your own fucken opinion

4. ThatCommieBastard

ThatCommieBastard Banned

That was the point I was trying to create

5. pandemik

pandemik Senior Member

Im kinda sure Ive never seen Paz where a chain. I havent heard that song so I dont know the context but it sounds like he's mocking it.

6. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  7. Small Time Crook

Small Time Crook Senior Member

Scream really loud in different keys and pitches for 3:30 minutes straight, maintain proper breath control and projection as well. If you've never had experience in the field, good luck.

Not dissing hip hop at all right now, while it's hard to learn a vast majority of words and their definitions it is not at all impossible to achieve this knowledge. Some are born with a natural knack, yes, but it is not at all unattainable.
    The same goes for singing and screaming.

In summation; If you don't agree with each others musical taste, that's fine and dandy, but what do you hope to attain in an argument based on opinion? Live, listen and learn yawl.

8. Cesk

Cesk Banned

9. pandemik

pandemik Senior Member

hahaha brokencyde. I saw them live, they put on an awesome show. The thing about them and bands like 30h!3 is that they do it as a joke. You gotta keep that in mind. THe girls went nuts though.

10. pandemik

pandemik Senior Member

11. Cesk

Cesk Banned

Three oh three is pretty fucking amazing LOL

Listen to some Skindred:
    http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=OHPy-jRNx7I

12. pandemik

pandemik Senior Member

god I forgot how much I love hardcore.

13. reallythough

youve never heard animal rap? or do you just not listen to jedi mind? every time ive seen them live hes rocking a few chains.

"I'm surly, miserable cat that slap shorties
    Looks kinda resemble that of fat Pauly
    I don't even clap, young boy, he claps for me
    Chain hang down to my dick, I'm that gaudy
    I don't even fuck wit you cats, you rap poorly
    I don't even buck at you cats, you that corny"

14. pandemik

pandemik Senior Member

Nah, I have a couple of songs he's done solo, but when I first got into hip hop a while back, I was introduced to the typical stuff, among it Jedi Mind, Technique, etc...

eh it's cool, chains are ok, but if he starts rappin' about making million and selling dope, THEN I will have a definite problem.

15. JudgeWizely

JudgeWizely Senior Member

I dont have a problem if people rap about money, drugs or women as long as its done in a new, orginal and somewhat intellelectual style. But if its wack rhyme one sylable sort of shit then i truley dislike. I need music that makes my brain work

16. Asis

Asis Senior Member

Jedi Mind is obsolete considering every member now went into Army of the Pharaohs. If your looking for a ridiculous underground group that doesn't sound like Atmosphere, People Under the Stairs, or MF DOOM check out Molemen made up of Panik, Memo, and PNS give them a play or two if you can find them they are ridiculous and have been going at it since the early 90's on the lowest of underground

17. Asis

Asis Senior Member

i've opened up in north philly at the plaza for a few artists and just blaze records at mindlucent which is my friends studio and the biggest thing is free styling and the break down of rap concepts but the most important thing is your rhyme cadence stick with one develop it make it your own. the reason why artists stick out is they find what words and they push it as far as it can go. it's like graff find a style develop and when you do try other styles have someone to guide you. i recently started messin with BoB down in ATL with grand hustle and he has such a different style on beats that it helps because every person can give you a fresh look on an old situation

18. JudgeWizely

JudgeWizely Senior Member

Was vakill in Molemen or did I just make that up?

anyways if not, check out vakill. He has (in my mind at least) some of the best punchlines ive every heard. Any his songs or chock a block with them

19. reallythough

put your quarter up is molemen with slug aesop and doom.

i like that people try to knock on atmosphere/slug now because hes selling records too. i heard he was on mtv which is beat but still you cant expect to be a secret forever.

i'm not a 14 year old girl, slugs lyrically unfuckswitable in my opinion. i'm talking older slug... like... atmosphere with spawn.

20. Asis

Asis Senior Member

slug is ridiculous and i'm not going to lie when life gives you lemons you paint that shit gold is probably one of the most ridiculous cd's of the year but i'm saying if you want a different sound molemen is a group encompassing some of the undergrounds greatest emcees on beats that they usually don't do thats why it's new and fresh

Vakill hopped on a few tracks with them