Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Scale Model, Graffiti Trains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kayone707, Jul 26, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

thats pretty cool. B)

2. LB x TAME

LB x TAME Member

that vid is some sick shit... but honestly who has the time to do all that??? mad skillz on all those different styles tho...

3. StoopKid

StoopKid Senior Member

who has the time to do that? dood man, it's just like doing a sketch... except on a model train and if you fuck up you just pee on it.

you're gay and immature get a life. JK

4. Live4TheWall

Live4TheWall Elite Member

Im thinkin about bringing a car or two too the Familiar Faces show in philly. That'd be sick, having El Toro, Bob, And Nose all on the same car.

5. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

that shit was gimp. I thought about how cool it would be to tag on the train we set up at christmas but nothing like that!! mans got too much time on his hands, must have taken months.

6. Live4TheWall

Live4TheWall Elite Member

hahahaha no way man. Months ?!? hahaha. Sorry, but its so easy man! Its just like drawing, except you've got a different canvas. I've watched a few people do this kinda stuff before, not nearly as good/clean as those. But none the less it was cool.

I wanna get real chummy with the guy who owns Northlands (If you dont know of it, then dont worry about it). Which is this dinky building in northern jersey thats home to (I think its) The worlds largest model train layout. Its got so much shit...... but it'd be awesome to paint some of those trains and just stick em around.

A while ago these things were selling like crazy on ebay, I think it was pherz (not sure), who had just a regular lil HO sized box car, and he covered one whole side in a rather simple piece, and it sold for something like 85 dollars on ebay. Shits nuts.

7. S P R U E 0 1

S P R U E 0 1 Senior Member

. bump .

Great link and project. Never seen that one before.

There's a model railroad club in my area and they display the whole layout and operate it at the county fair.
    It's incredibly detailed and 1/87 HO scale, also.

I ask them why there isn't any graffiti on their freight cars and they just get all grumpy and
    say that their layout is pre 60's era, so there wasn't graffiti on the trains yet.

I point out a few of their own covered hoppers and reefers that are in fact post 80's.
    And clearify that I'm not saying that they should have to put graffiti on their trains,
    I'm just asking why there rarely is graffiti on train layouts of current era,
    esp. when they are otherwise replica detail authentic.

Their final answer is that they don't want that gang garbage on their trains.
    Even in scale model world, graffiti is hated!

- although I have seen a few model railroaders who don't react that way and in fact try
    to replicate graffiti on their trains, very few.

8. S P R U E 0 1

9. letsg0skate

letsg0skate Senior Member

haha that's so cool. I like how they put little people and what not around it for a realistic look.

10. Huh

Huh Member

thats awesome :D

11. Cham

Cham Elite Member

hahah there is an ais train..........if thats the ais from san francsico they no longer exist...

12. sevewon

sevewon Senior Member

13. S P R U E 0 1

14. MOLOKone

MOLOKone Member

15. MOLOKone

MOLOKone Member

16. MOLOKone

MOLOKone Member

17. MOLOKone

MOLOKone Member