Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Self-tought Or You Had A Tutor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AKalien, Dec 15, 2005.

Share This Page

?

How did you learn

1. Self-tought

79.5%
  2. had somewhat of a tutor

15.7%
  3. had somebody hold your hand the whole way to teach you

0.8%
  4. bites off somebody else

3.9%
  1. GuyGuyer of Guyland

GuyGuyer of Guyland Senior Member

i had the idiots on this site constantly tell me to use bars. then i stopped listening to them and actually progressed and did some illegal shit

2. ~Az

~Az Member

self taught, wouldnt mind a tutor though

3. cause

cause Senior Member

had influence from the net but could never copy anything. so id just cover a sheet of paper front and back with attempts of shit i liked n threw my twist on, after making a good sketch; then went out with a can.. only writer in town tho

4. theking

theking Senior Member

kept biting til it started tastin stale.

5. V4LMVU

V4LMVU Member

I was self tought from looking at shit in nyc. I use to go once a year, mainly inspired by trains, i get to see more shit on trains then walls where i live.

6. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

I'm teaching myself, right now im just sketching (Ive gotten alot of help from BombingScience [of course], and i have just studied the crap out of different styles and shapes). But i hope to start taggin and makin pieces soon...

7. Carma7

Carma7 Member

my freind introduced me but hes like worse than a toy. he went to some fancy college class on graffiti and i thought that was wack as hell. first time i painted i painted wit him and i wrote LA and it was way better than his wack block lettered "zero". dont get me wrong i love da guy but at that time we both sucked but i was alot better than him.

8. EnZ0

EnZ0 Member

I am pretty self taught, but i have bitten a couple color schemes from others, but thats about it

9. spher

spher Senior Member

10. -NiSe-

-NiSe- Senior Member

A mix of self taugh and some biting :p

11. freekofart

freekofart Member

self taught mostly! recent colour theory lectures in college is saving a lot of my work!

12. -NiSe-

-NiSe- Senior Member

I need some color theory lectures man lol not the best on picking colors

13. Spikey2k9

Spikey2k9 Member

I was self taught. Just joined a forum in 2009 looked @ some pieces and gave it a shot.

14. MKone

MKone Member

Don't know what to vote,but writers like Big mora , Toze , Chill have inspired me a lot.

15. Mr. November

Mr. November Senior Member

I'm trying to self teach myself. I'm one of the only people in my town that writes, especially in my area.

16. Viper627

Viper627 Member

If you guys need help with color go to a bookstore/web and look up color theory. Even a color wheel. in order to make colors POP you need to use contrast. Thats what I used and it helps me use colors that I am not comfortable with but make sections stand out.

*EDIT-I am also in the process of coming up with a book that breaks down letter structure. A how to from the most basic to complex shit going through my head. I've seen how to graff books and they aren't that great. I understand it's difficult when you don't have someone(or a crew) to help with the creative process when you want to move on from simple styles.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011