Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Shading Questions

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by MAC504, Mar 4, 2006.

Share This Page

1. textathief

textathief Senior Member

i rekon u shouldnt worry about outlines and shit cause uve only done it for 2 weeks i rekon u should stick to usual tagging for now...

2. MAC504

MAC504 Member

The reason i asked for help is cuz spray paint aint like any other kind of art... spray paint is a whole different ball game than usin' pencils markers, pastels, and even paint with a paint brush... so of course a toy would have questions...

3. MAC504

MAC504 Member

nah, i can tag reg. no problems... im lookin to take a step up ya heard me. Im lookin for more of a challenge cuz im ready to step up i think... so when im ready i wanna be able to practice some rite techniques before i do it visibly, so that i wont fuck it up and have it look like shit... i wanna practice right

4. tha boy in da corner

tha boy in da corner Elite Member

:eek: whoa! now that's an idea!

5. wiltoner

wiltoner Member

how does one get shading effects like this?

ai16.photobucket.com_albums_b15_TheDoItYourselfWarehouse_dep153.jpg

6. epik!

epik! Senior Member

just outline your throwy with your fill color then outline that with your outline color...i guess, i dont know if thats what your asking

7. gnarlatron3030

gnarlatron3030 Elite Member

to get shading like that he colored in the yellow (or whatever color really) and kind of misted the paint on from about a foot and a half or two away

8. Mse

Mse Elite Member

9. wiltoner

wiltoner Member

and for the eyes nose and mouth? they arent doing cutbacks, you can tell.

10. epik!

epik! Senior Member

kidn of just like a pencil....you push hard its darker and fatter(to sum extent) and push lighter the colors lighter....i guess thats a usable explanation, but not entirely true

11. Sier

Sier Senior Member

just hold the can from a distance.

12. wiltoner

wiltoner Member

as ive been trying to explain is if you hold it from a distance there is no way you could get such thin lines without cutbacks, and there are none. my only guess would be needle cap on alien done fast or barely depressed. I think needle because of their outlines.

13. SKET_ONE

SKET_ONE Member

14. ADozenFuries

ADozenFuries Member

here bro check out this site... http://www.a2planet.com/guide/work/index-revc.html . when i first started it helped me alot with the "physics" behind paintin. just readin it wont fix evrything tho, ur deff gonna have to find a chill spot n practice. to shade ur gonna want a fatter cap, even a blue dot, and u gotta spray a good distance away from ur piece. i tend to move my wrist alot to get a nice shade. to outline i prefer a german outlines or universals, n just get up real close and move ur lines fast.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  15. gamf

gamf Member

yo man u gotta use the rusto fats and dont hold the can to close to the wall or else it drips all over the place and then u dont got no can control and if ur just starting just use shitty 3$paint from home depot dont go bother buy some expensive belton or montanna and shit

16. SoDamnFresh

SoDamnFresh Senior Member

this is a character by OsGeomos (or some shit like that)... the outline is done like that by pressing lightly on the tin so the gas comes out slowly and the bit of paint that does come out creates the thin line... you see its more like drips of paint than a full stream... the shading is done in a similar fashion, just layered more, etc... plus he has YEARS of experience and skill... and a hell of an imagination...:D

17. im number 1

im number 1 Member

u gotta do a whole lot of sketches before u can paint wit a can u also gotta read up on it look up your legends,different styles yadayada yada

18. im number 1

im number 1 Member

u gotta do a whole lot of sketches before u can paint wit a can u also gotta read up on it look up your legends,different styles yadayada yada

19. xxfoexx

xxfoexx Member

yea really first its the reasearch and sketching and i did that for a good year and a half before i started bombing and pieaceing but i flare.....

20. markingz.

markingz. Banned

wait, i'm confused with this guys question, is he talkin about when you fill in the basic outline or the force feild?