Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SKI OR BOARD?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DNA, Oct 30, 2004.

Share This Page

?

do you ski or board???

1. SKI

22.2%
  2. SNOWBOARD

66.7%
  3. NEITHER

11.1%
  1. EVAK_GBCKrew

EVAK_GBCKrew Elite Member

Hahaha. Square, you still don't get it do you? SOME people catch on to different things easier. And snowboarding might have been slow to you cause you were on the bunny slopes. :rolleyes:

2. square

square Elite Member

obviously i STARTEd on the bunny hills :rolleyes:

but i have also skied a whole bunch of the double-black lineup at whistler/blackcomb. if you've been there, you know how intense that is. >60 degree slopes.

its not so much that "some people catch on easier" as it is that snowboarding is fundamentally simpler. it took me what....over 10 years of skiing 2-3 weeks/yr on good bc shit to have a semi-solid parallel technique, with instruction. and at that point i was still better than90% of skiers my age. when snowboarding first became really popular, some people i knew became pretty good snowboarders within 2 yrs. i had the basics in a few days, although i wasnt actually good.

3. sari

sari Senior Member

broke ski

[Broken External Image]:http://www.newschoolers.com/PHP/Pictures/Uploaded/brokeskis2.jpg

and SQUARE, what does it matter that skiing is faster than snowboarding, and skiing is not much more manuverable than snowboarding, you sound like a racer.

and by the way freeze magazine ends publication in january...

4. DNA

DNA Elite Member

when u say BC, do u mean beaver creek, colorado??

i live incolorado!!!!!

5. sari

sari Senior Member

British-Colombia? Canada? Whistler?

6. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

i got a job where they send us around the world snowboarding for free...YAY

7. DNA

DNA Elite Member

does that mean you wont be here at BS anymore.

ps. sorry bout the sig. it is to piss off Car2n

8. Tony

Tony Elite Member

accept it pisses everyone off.

9. dimeone

dimeone Senior Member

10. crac

crac Elite Member

i snowboard... pos shit at that but its still fun as hell.... i paid more for my skatboard than i did for my snowboard... the board itself is like a hammy down from the locals and the bindings and boots i traded a diskman for them...

11. killah-EF

killah-EF Elite Member

many poeple are surprissed that i ski, but knowledge this....I'm better at ski than at graff

Thats why i love winter you know, i go out skiing in my heart bebay!!! in the mountains, with my white camouflage pants, accrobatic skies, a couple fo rolled up blunts that i blaze in the woods, hehe sometimes in public (why not?)

Most of the peeps find than sking is gay, man fuck that, busting 350's with skies is way hardder, rails are harder too, niways both cum back to the same niways.....i love this wonderfull land where we live QUEBEC!! where I picked up the habbit of skiing word up

12. sink

sink Senior Member

skiing is great, i used to untill around 5 years ago when i tried snowboarding. i havent gone back, i much preffer snowboarding, i pretty much live for it, im an all mountain rider, even moguls. i also skateboard, but largely for transport.

13. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

really effekts i had no idea....im a powder junkie too, i spend atleast 2-3 days a week at the hill
    i also have really good prices for trips to all over QC, VT , and NY (ex tremblant dec 19 bus and lift $50)

14. quoi

quoi Elite Member

i never try snowboarding

skis are pretty cool i just know to get down the hills lol
    mmm rails whit skis look like hard 2 do

15. RestoNe

RestoNe Senior Member

werd skiings da shit..did any of u go to the saint sauveur snow park last year..it was pretty sweet..im hopin deyll make another good one this season

16. BeeOne234...

BeeOne234... Elite Member

I skate but suck at rollerskatin.
    I wobble.

I board but i suck at ski'n.
    I spread and bust my ass on snow harder than concrete.

i surf a board but get me on a mini boogie and your laughing cause i am splashin...

Straight up.
    Guess I'm a coaster not a buckled down kinda bee hmmm....

oh yeah reply----> board. definitly board...I just got a sick oldschool WAR board kicked down and a pass for Hood.

weeee...

17. Adamo

Adamo Elite Member

mont tremblant in march here i come whaat

18. killah-EF

killah-EF Elite Member

mont tremblant is too expensive,,,,,,,sapristie, moi jski au mont-saint sauveur.........................yer la mon coeur

19. curve

curve Senior Member

snowboarding has become way too mainstream since that shit's been on the olympics, i stay true to skiing...i love skiing glades as well as hittin up the park for some new school shit. i also longboard; around CT we have some fat hills to bomb down. i shortboard, too, but not so much during the winter. used to waterski, never tried rollerblading. but after getting into skiing, an interest for rollerblading has been sparked. i might start up in the spring.

20. scary dreams

scary dreams Elite Member

I want to go to mammoth but have no job to snowboard right now, woot woot. and another woot woot. Looks like the same ol cold fingers and close calls hangin off the side of a bridge.