Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tags

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Denz_one, Jul 11, 2005.

Share This Page

1. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

theres not really anywhere else to paint, i go there because its close.

heres a pic i forgot to post:

[Broken External Image]:http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac31/smokeitup421/sat3march2012004.jpg

2. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

well thats fine i mean ill admit when i was young i painted on tons of shit i shouldnt have just cuz i wasnt close enough to anything good.... but when u just cover it with tags it does look bad yanno? if u wanna practice tags like that u can get a piece of drywall or plywood and put it outside when u paint and cover it and put it inside when ur done... i used to do that with drywall in my garage... but if u like painting that wall and u dont care at least go big next time its buffed, make one side a huge throwup and the other side a huge block letter... maybe whoever keeps buffing it will eventually stop if u put up something that doesnt look like total shit to the average person

3. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

wha? are u saying my tags are shit?

4. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

not completely i guess.. u missed the point... i meant most people looking at it arent gonna be graffiti writers so they wont appreciate it at all if it doesnt jump out to em somehow, big block letters on somethin like that would last longer than 50+ tags in a 20ft space... people just see that and think ew.... and yea im one of those people, but it doesnt mean ur hands suck or u cant paint, it just means ur doinitwrong... less is more sometimes, and if u gotta totally cover the thing do something other than a bunch of the same tag...
    so yea i guess to wrap up: 1- it looks dumb when u do that many tags in such a small space, and 2- yes ur tags are shit lol

5. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

6. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

u make me sad, i think im gonna go cry now!

boohoooooooo

7. toopski

toopski Guest

haha yeah but i aint complaining about stolen ink

8. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

I like dkode's tags... im not gonna comment on when where and how much tagging is supposed to happen.. because let's face it: it's useless.
    as long as you're tagging, you're fine in my book.
    it's probably one of the few things I disagree on with you zookyook.

dkode, it seems to me that it's time for you to slowly start taking some steps further than just tagging. I wouldn't mind seeing you practice a few good throws. I can tell your piecing skills are absolute shit... so maybe practicing hollow throws would be a suitable next step.
    you dont wanna be stuck at the tagger level forever, do you?

9. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

no. my pieces really suck ive actually got one from last night but i dont think ill post it, ive also got a throwy too but i wont post it its toy as.

i should sketch more, but i just like painting.

10. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

thats all i was sayin dkode... u know i dont care if u take me seriously or not... but it IS just kinda pointless to do the same tag a bunch of times, if u cant work out a decent throw or a couple different tags u should exchange with some people that are better in those areas... like im not the best piecer so i like to get pieces when i do exchanges, but i normally prefer doin throwups and tags, piecing just seems like less graffiti the more u go over some shit, the less flow it has... so yea u dont haveta do a big nice piece on it for me to like it... just change up the flow in ur tag or do a nice 2 letter throw or something u think looks good... my whole point was 50 of pretty much the same tag on a piece of concrete that size looks bad unless u fill it up perfectly and use different handstlyes, maybe something like the amaze wall of tags or the earsnot wall of tags (google it)... they kept balance and flow so it looked pretty cool, but ur shit was just all over the place and sloppy i gotta stand by that... if u wanna exchange lemme know lol if u wanna ignore me thats cool too

11. Bilks

Bilks New Member

12. Dossbog

Dossbog Senior Member

13. Evow1

Evow1 Senior Member

Fuckin with a new word.. what you guys think?
    ai39.photobucket.com_albums_e155_dc12_100_0438.jpg
    ai39.photobucket.com_albums_e155_dc12_100_0432.jpg
    ai39.photobucket.com_albums_e155_dc12_100_0431.jpg

14. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

top one is ugly as poop
    bottom one looks good, same with middle, minus the M and the arrows.

flcik fo talk

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  15. Norfsuthr

Norfsuthr Elite Member

did about 20 of these gettin practice. afarm8.staticflickr.com_7196_6953562823_0a19b0e02d.png
    photo-40

16. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

the OW is too compact

17. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

@Dank - try using all caps, then that A will maybe fit in better.

18. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

eh too late already sent it in but that woulda been a good idea haha

norf- thats look sexy. i don't think you gotta separate that, but it could look nice.

19. toopski

toopski Guest

not seperate but its crowded coz its small if it was a bit bigger and a lil more spaced would be dope

20. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

I get what he's saying. He can still do the same motion but just keep that left leg of the W from covering half of that O.