Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. BEDAROC

BEDAROC Senior Member

Yo does anyone know if you can mix etch with rusto?i did and its fuckin smokin and bubblin up? Lol opps? Whats a good add in to rusto to make it more perm? Pm me please...

2. Cesk

Cesk Banned

You just don't.
    You cannot mix an acid with oil based paint.
    Save yourself the hospital bill and don't.

3. Yuckasfuck

Yuckasfuck Senior Member

I know peeps always say u should try something before asking on here, but when its something as ridiculous as adding etch to paint then i think there should be an exception :p.
    That shit's retarded lol

4. BEDAROC

BEDAROC Senior Member

lol you guys can call it retarded as you want i jus tried it and it works coo!! maybe i didnt add that much to fuck it up...? i took 6 pints of rusto to 3oz of etch and 12oz of thinner...it works cool.kinda warped the bottle i had it in but whatever i guess...

5. Olick

Olick Elite Member

*stands up in the back*

well sir. i believe you CAN add hydrochloric acid to an oil based batch. last time i checked. its an acid

=]

6. Yuckasfuck

Yuckasfuck Senior Member

Etch isn't hydrochloric acid, best not to mix it with anything unless you know what's gonna happen :rolleyes:

7. BEDAROC

BEDAROC Senior Member

Thats the thing i didnt know what would happen but i heard of people mixin it and it workin so i figured id try.it comes out like normal rusto.so idk if the rusto jus dissolved the etch or what...ima let it sit on the glass for a few days before i clean it off to see if it etched or not...

8. immoral

immoral Elite Member

Any cons I need to know about Grog full metal white? Thanks

9. bak

bak Senior Member

etch is etch bath right? or where do i get it?

10. immoral

immoral Elite Member

Two different things, hobby stores or Michaels

11. Olick

Olick Elite Member

etch is gooey

etch bath is watery

thats the retard definition.

12. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

Glass Picture:
    afarm4.static.flickr.com_3158_3289292907_3c6a4fc705.jpg_a4f0a23c50a330cf1bf56cae6c33a893.png
    Same ink buffed on painted metal:
    afarm4.static.flickr.com_3555_3290111340_e4fd70161d.jpg_a4f0a23c50a330cf1bf56cae6c33a893.png

13. Pepe25

Pepe25 New Member

alright, i don't ussually make my own ink just buy some industrial ink, that shit stains like a mothafucka, but i got this bucket of oil paint in my shed, does anyone know how to make it metallicy??

14. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

ummm hows about some silver rusto, i just did that with this one epty mop that i had filled with like bright pink paint at one point and forgot about cuz it was empty and i just left it somewere. whatever, long story short, i just filled it up with some silver gk with out clenaeing it or any thing and it came out like this cool ass orangeish, shrimp pink color that came out lsilver in the reflection. it IS the shit

15. immoral

immoral Elite Member

Anyone going to tell me about the Full metal white?
    I just need to know how it is...

16. SAID

SAID Moderator

I heard its dope

17. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

uhh, my frined has a bottle of it , pretty good, fade proof,opaque, not really hard tobuff, and of course you can run it thru whatever ya want. cant stain thocuz its white.

i prolly wouldnt buy it cuz the only thing it has on paint is the ability to run thru markers. and if your me and have figured out to make paint dothat and stay opaque( im not gonna tell how ido it but some other kids prolly have there own rececipes for that), than theres really no point in overspending like that.
    actually i think somebody was already talking about this earlier in the thread, but yah its just like ded outdoorsman only white

18. Yuckasfuck

Yuckasfuck Senior Member

http://www.uniform.bplightbrigade.com/inks/ink_facts.php
    Jst found that, the rest of it's about health n safety if anyones interested lol.

19. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

20. immoral

immoral Elite Member

I already use a thinner which is unscented and works very well. It thins down my gk enough to maintain the opaque colors but flow through pump system markers. I only got the white because I had the money left over from random shit. I appreciate the reply and I'll post pictures on how it writes with the empty DED style mops I get from ****artltd.com
    I'll probably use this more on freights simply because you never see buffed black tube cars.