Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

^ yea it's gone through, i just have to go to store and buy envelopes.....hope you don't mind, i'm waiting til like tuesday to send it out, that way i can mail out all my trades that day

and shit bro, once that hobby lobby opens up, rape it hard as hell before they realize u rackin from the store......coz hobby lobby has fuckin everything !

2. brandonb5269

brandonb5269 Senior Member

yea thats fine, ill be out of town so ill just have my neighbor get the package. i dont rake anymore, i got a good job, and alot going for me now, and its not worth it to me, to much to loose over something i can easily afford. now buying stolen shit idc bout haha

to keep it legit otr super permanent marker and ink is a plain permanent marker but more easily refillable. you would be better off saving the 3 bux for the marker and getting pens or something to make home made ink.

molotow refill inks the lil 25 ml bottles are a cheep nice additive to your home made inks, i only get a couple when im ordering sum paint from here. not to great by them selves but will help make your pen ink more opaque.

and were do they sell bitumen ? i cant find it at any home depot round me, or am i going to have to make it my self? i rly dont feel like melting down tar and shit haha

3. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

You still have some of that left? Wow, lol.
    I remember mixing pearlex into some ink before, don't remember if it was my Grime or not, but it basically just disappeared.
    Did it make it metallic??

4. SAID

SAID Moderator

Whatever happened to Grime yo?

5. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

6. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

Uh... I put the project on hold because of my financial situation (wish the creditors would stop hassling me)
    It's a big catch 22, really. Starting my ink business would be a good source of money, but i need money to start it.
    I may start it up in the fall when I move to Madison, WI
    I'm not going to be able to grow weed like I wanted to, so that idea is out.

Are you guys really that interested in it?
    Olick what was your verdict on it?

7. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

well i think you should pursue it, your ink doesn't need to be buff proof. as long as it resists weather and lots of sun people will buy it.

8. Olick

Olick Elite Member

it depends on what you call metalic haha. i say it does. with violet grime and metalic blue pearlex it shows all sparkley. cool effect really. if its a porous surface the ink seeps through and leaves the shiny shiny on top.

grime is sex tastic. black. opaque. drys to a matte finish. stains hard. goofoff wouldnt take it off wood. really pissed me off haha. pluss with is "secret base" it would attract the toy graff community.

9. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

haha im pretty sure i wouldnt be able to buff india ink off wood man

10. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

try it on like painted metal

11. Olick

Olick Elite Member

i meant wood as in like ur desk. covered in shelac or varnish.

that shit..

12. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

painted metal is what i formulated it on

heres the flicks for those that haven't seen them already:

ai223.photobucket.com_albums_dd274_vagrantone0_X_ink_bufftest.jpg
    Grime Ink chemical buff test

ai223.photobucket.com_albums_dd274_vagrantone0_TestingBoard.jpg
    Showing Illadel, Grog, ****, and DED comparison tests

ai223.photobucket.com_albums_dd274_vagrantone0_TestingBoard2.jpg
    Showing Violet Garvey comparison test

ai223.photobucket.com_albums_dd274_vagrantone0_PaintBuff_1.jpg
    Bleed-Through test with 3 layers of Krylon White Primer, which apparently, wasn't enough

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  13. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

Cause **** is competition...

14. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

i got this shit called goo gone. is that anything like goof off

15. fredom-writer

fredom-writer Senior Member

no thats to get off sticker residue

16. cormac

cormac Senior Member

Please stop discussing this on a public forum, and hett get at me if you want help on the pigmented ink front ive made it before...

17. fredom-writer

dude come on, its not that serious. think about being out on the street bombing, then think about some internet graffiti web site, keeping ink secrets. i used to feel the same way. but once you start really start bombing, this shit seems really stupid. making ink is fun and all, but some people really need to grow up... you ink is not going to take over the world... you wont get rich... you wont get famous... all these super secret *OMG SUPER STAIN INK RECIPES* will be buffed or painted over. they cost about the same to make at home as they do to buy **** or garvey. its not going to make you a better graffiti writer. think about people in msk d30 do they know the ultimate ink recipe? nope, they kill shit with streeks paint what ever gets your name up. everything gets buffed.

sorry for this rant. i appologize if i affended anyone that takes ink making seriously. i think some people might feel the same way i do. i do think ink is fun, and just when this thread was gettin good, talking about somthing other than gk.... "stop disscussing this top secret classified information on the internet. if you would like further information there will be an black car outside your home, a man will hand you an unmarked brief case. there will be further instruction inside. dont let anyone see you. if you feel your being followed scratch your ear. the dude shows up.. checks him for wires. hes like WHAT the fuck is this.. im like thats my ipod those are head phones.. he pulls a gun, im running out with the breifcase, breaking through a sliding door. he gots snipers set up all around. i hop onto a freight train, im in a box car and you here a helicopter shooting bullets at the top of the car. you open the breif case. theres a paper that says 1 part thinner 1 part oil based paint.

thats what your chasing. thats all you need. but still once you learn all about inks youll see that its not important at all and wish you stoped at ghetto krink and was out killing with that instead of doing this, i hope i dont discourage no one from making inks, but we shouldnt keep them secret. talk about them. we can get alot more done here if were working together... plus it gives me somthing to do when im on the internet.

18. fredom-writer

one night i was so high i thought i forgot how to read

19. fredom-writer

bounty check your pm's private messages not premenstrual syndrome. holla at a pimp

20. cormac

cormac Senior Member

heh thanks for the rant man was a good read, thing is i do make ink seriously and no i dont get rich off it, wish i did though. I do supply stores throughout my state and soon the whole country. And finally i do write, now it isnt as much bombing as i dont want to get caught for something small that will damage my ink making, but i still paint on the regular. Im not trying to sound like a bad cunt or anything i just feel like now days everything is given to younger writers who are just starting out, the best paint, the best recipes etc. it just feels like nothing is sacred anymore. So yeah i guess thats my rant if anyone actually wants some help on something they can just pm me and ill give them a hand :)

peace,

Cormac
    Overkill Ink