Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. ShortRound

ShortRound Member

The other brand better?
    The reason why I asked is cause I got some kiwi layin around the house and I know for a fact that it stains Hard cause a buddy borrowed some of mine and put it back in my backpack just before I was going to the airport and the dumbass didn't put the lid back on tight and 2/3 of the bottle leaked all over the floor of the cargo hold and our flight was delayed for an hour. They were inspecting it and couldn't figure out what it was. They thought it was corrosive or a sort of toxin cause of the strong smell. They probably still got a large black stain on their floor. and then again maybe I'm thinkin about Leather Dye but I'm 98% sure it was Edge Dressing.

2. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

they dont make that stuff anymore
    most stuff made by kiwi sucks
    and it was probly just hard to get off carpet not walls
    and that sucks dick about the plane tho

3. ShortRound

ShortRound Member

It was rubber matting, kinda like what you'll find at bowling alleys around the counter and also some got underneath on the metal..kinda like diamond plate.

4. springbreak95

springbreak95 Senior Member

i didnt know a ball mill was like one those rock tumbler things

5. ShortRound

ShortRound Member

Kind of... The rock tumblers I used when I collected are more for shaping than for grinding. Ball Mills are used to grind minerals.

6. 8732

8732 Senior Member

Anybody know if Rit leather dye is any good?

7. ShortRound

ShortRound Member

I know for dying leather, Rit is not very strong. By the time you need to dye your boots or shoes again..the leather has opened up and will absorb almost anything. If you try it..just add a little at a time (small cap full).

8. ShortRound

ShortRound Member

Anyone have any sweeeeet personal favorite combos for Grog chrome? That extra little kick wether it be a color additive or random chemicals.

9. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

10. ShortRound

ShortRound Member

11. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

what do you mean background color
    it probly sucks stain and opacity wize
    but it could be good to thin acrilic paint

12. prefer

prefer Banned

for anyone who wants to know corio is really overrated

13. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

wait the povine-iodine sucks right
    like you have to get the tincure?

14. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

nah it striaght. tincture is obv more pure but who gives a shit. iodines not such a good stainer in teh first place tho

15. fuck nitty

fuck nitty Member

ive been trying to make some metallic colored ink for the past few months and no cigar. anyone succeeded in the mixture? im trying to make some light,bright thick colors similar to the new metallic colored krinks that are on the market.

16. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

ive done it before its not that hard
    just get silver and watever color you whant and mix then thin

17. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

lol ^^^

so has any body tried potassium permanganate, i threw like 3 grams ofit in about8oz pen ink and the jar got all hot on the bottom so i shook it up a minute and when ipulled the lid back off the jar was filled with like this black dust /gas and the ink was all gloppy andchunky. total waste
    anyway it was dope before i fuckied it up so heres the recipe, its pretty standard but whateva

60blue 30black 30red pens
    1/2 cup purple pvc primer
    1/2 cup minwax wood hardener
    1 2.5oz bottle of black fiebings leatherdye
    1 cap dot3

18. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea potassium permanganate reacts with almost anything, so in inks it will do that alot of the time.
    if you put the potassium permanganate into the solvent first, then add all the ingredients then you'll know what its reacting with.

the black shit/ gunk it makes in manganese oxide, you cna use it as a pigment if you can grind it up enough.

19. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

would it still stain shit tho??

20. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

nah cuz MnO2 is a solid, its like a pigment.

but KMnO4 is wierd, i wouldnt really use it unless your planning on using it for a specific reason, cu it is purple, but oxidizes really quicly to a red/ brown thats a lot lighter than the purple, and idk its a really wier thing.

try just dissolving some in water, and put a drop of water on a piece of paper, you can watch it turn from purple to red to brown