Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. mene

mene New Member

nah yeah fr, though part of me wonders what adding a bit of it to another mix could do; it not fully drying out could have some effect on attempts to buff it, plus it stains like fuck and is a nightmare to get off shit; it just sits there

2. Katt0

Katt0 Member

its a nightmare to get off cause it being cured at 150 degrees and getting cured to microscopic fibres n shit, on top of that its pigment based and not dye based so

3. mene

mene New Member

yeah so... this could have interesting potential in the vandalism realm because of this...

4. Katt0

Katt0 Member

brother unless you are bringing a flame thrower while bombing it is only interesting. Enamel is already plenty tough

5. slick dick willy

slick dick willy Senior Member

My homie gave me a mop full of automotive body paint and some other ingredients I don't know what consisted of.the tags came out glossy blue. He called it dink after krink and the d is after his first letter of his name.

6. getupDone

getupDone New Member

Yo, I think I'm braindead, I acquired some interior paint from my last job, im trying to find the right consistency to get it workable in a posca marker. The nib doesnt seem to stay juiced. I tried 1:1 water and paint, too watery, I tried 1:5 water and paint, which was a better thickness but the nib doesnt stay juiced.

Is this just the nature of the nib?

7. slick dick willy

slick dick willy Senior Member

Follow inks and recipes in this website .so you won't get a funky ol result of turnouts with a posca marker which is already funkier enough and what's weird is that your using water.stay within the ethos of inks and or at least acrilics and knowing the marker which is important also.hopefully this helps.

8. $L]i[]i[ GUALA

$L]i[]i[ GUALA New Member

if you smoke weed/cigs/anything and carry a lighter with you at all times then you always have a flamethrower while bombing ufeeme

9. $L]i[]i[ GUALA

$L]i[]i[ GUALA New Member

i just got back into murdering my city recently so lately i been goin Bill Nye the Science Guy with the ink experiments tryin to create that perfect concoction aka "the gift that keeps on giving ...
    and giving... the buffman's graffiti removal business a steady flow of 1 star reviews on yelp"

but im new to BS and forums in general and since inks/recipes is closed to new posts, where should i post up the recipes that i come up with plus the flics of how it turns out?

10. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Here, or in the toys forum equivalent "Chemisty 101" lots of good tips in there if you read through the first few pages as well.

11. Katt0

Katt0 Member

Regardless, it's made to cling onto fibres of cloth not made to cling onto like a flat panel of steel

12. Kristaps Bergmanis

Kristaps Bergmanis New Member

yo does anyone know the difrnece between loop asphalt and the regular loop black

13. Kristaps Bergmanis

i think the paint and water doesnt mix well, mybe try alcahol.

14. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

That depends on the paint, some is water based, some is oil based.. interior house paint won't be alcohol based though

15. Katt0

Katt0 Member

Loop black uses just regular black pigment, where as asphalt uses bitumen particles for pigment. It's loops version of molotow's burner black or mtn's nitro 2g

Basically the asphalt paint is able to cover chrome/silver paint immediately after it has been applied or when the chrome is still wet. Regular paint isn't able to cover wet chrome, the chrome needs to dry first. So it's really useful for very quick actions like painting a passenger train at a backjump, or its very good in very cold weather where chrome will take a long time to dry.

16. Katt0

Katt0 Member

Interior house paint (which is just about always water based) is miscible in alcohol. It'll speed up the drying time.

The individual paint particles need to be really fine to pass through a paint marker nib, the interior paint particles are too large to pass through the nib so it doesnt juice

17. Kristaps Bergmanis

thanks