Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Punk Rock Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ekto907, Jul 14, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson Senior Member

You a dumbass... theres a few types. Underground/gangster/pop type/old school/new school..and a few others i cant think of right now...i listen to new age underground..like Looptroop/promoe/classified/lexicon...those are some of the best rap artists in the world id say, because the beats are at just the right tone as the rapping, and the raps arent damb repetetive words.. its stuff about real life. [/b][/quote]
    Shut the fuck up.

2. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Shut the fuck up. [/b][/quote]
    haha word up!

new school is a type of hiphop?

LOL!

are you like 11?

3. snow2skate

snow2skate Elite Member

im 14 and obviosly your like 12 then if you cant read..hip hop and rap are 2 different things idiot. <_<

4. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

so are hiphop artists like 50 and the game suddenly rap as soon as they become famous?

thats the stupidest commonly known theory ever

'yeah dude, i listen to new school hiphop'
    whaaaaat??

its true u can define particular certain sounds to their time periods and places, like maybe 1990's new york sound, 90's west coast gangsta sound maybe? there is no 'new school' type of hiphop :rolleyes:

you wil learn how silly you sound.
    new age underground rap hahahahah are you cool because you lsiten to underground shit??

i listen to older nelly stuff, 90's cypress hill early xzibit and early atmosphere am i too mainstream?

5. snow2skate

snow2skate Elite Member

I dont refer to New school as a type of music idiot,,i just mean its newer artists...thats why i used the word New school......i listen to bands like Looptroop,promoe,lexicon,classified,swollen member...but i mostly listen to all music,,from iron maiden to johnny cash.

6. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

what a boring reply.. i was beggining to enjoy this argument.

7. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

check out kicks thread i dissed you there too

8. D0ZeR

D0ZeR Senior Member

graff hip hop is the best man

9. D0ZeR

D0ZeR Senior Member

10. codeone

codeone Senior Member

cmon nigga, you look just as retarded as this stupid fool your arguing with at this point.

refresh.......refresh......refresh......refresh..........refresh......

both losers.......

at least ak got some cancontrol though <_<

11. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

gimme a break. i got nothing else to do....

12. codeone

codeone Senior Member

haha isnt that why we all come...

well most of us...

13. oblong

oblong Elite Member

myself i like...
    a static lullaby,a thorn for every heart,afi,alexisonfire,antiflag,as i lay dying,atreyu,avenged sevenfold,bleed the dream, blink 182,blue skies at war,boys night out, the clash,crowned king, dead kennedys,evergreen terrace, fear before the march of flames,funeral for a friend,hawthorne heights,hopesfall, it dies today, kaiser chiefs, misery signals, misfits,my chemical romance, opeth,rancid, rise against, scars of 2morror,senses fail, slick shoes, story of the year, taking back sunday, the arcade fire, the bled, the haunted, the killers, the ramones,the used and my all time fucking favourite underoath

i dont care call me an emo kid all you want this is the music im into

14. oblong

oblong Elite Member

im actually into screamo myself
    who said freight heads have to listen to hip hop?

15. koper

koper Banned

went to warped tour today,
    saw matchbook romance, hopesfall, thrice, alexisonfire, horror pops, underoath and dropkick murphy's.
    and the transplants,
    all of them were remarkable but underoath definately put on the best show.

16. RMA

RMA Elite Member

I'm picky when it comes to my punk rock but I love Refused, Whiskey Rebels, Peelander-Z, Treephort, Humble Gods, Dead Milkmen,Fastbacks, Infected. I like some other bands too but those are the ones that I go to their shows, buy their records.... Yeah some are "Hardcocre" and "J-Punk" and "Pop-Punk" and "Street Punk" or whatever but breaking it down past punk makes me sick as does the "punk lifestyle", "live fast die young", "fuck the goverment because my parents grounded me" attitudes.

Anyways all you hip hoppers that are hating on punk and all you punks hating on hip hop...Hip Hop and Punk are the same thing. Even if you don't want to admit it.

17. RMA

RMA Elite Member

ahaha I herd those guys were crazy. Like I was talking to one of the older punk heads who told me that back in the day those guys came through Cleveland. They set up a cardboard wall seperating the audiance into a privlaged side and an oppressed side they even got guys to dress up like guards and patrol the wall. Half way through their show the oppressed side just smashed through the wall and next thing he knew cardboard scraps were just flying everywhere in this crazy circle pit.

18. BullshitTantrum

BullshitTantrum Elite Member

I got to see rambo in syracuse and i'll be seeing them in philly in august. the crowd members bring cardboard props that are all fatigued out and people make tanks and choppers and shit that they can wear and go nuts.

municipal waste was rad, i'll be seeing them in philly as well. they had a boogie board so kids would stage dive with it and surf the crowd on a boggie board. and then everyone circle pitted outside the venue around it for one song. i got to hear there new lp and its amazing.

i run a distro with my friends and i also help my 2 other friends record companies so when you describe a band when your trying to sell there record it goes a little beyond just punk. thats why i broke everything down in my list. the punk lifestyle might be a bit cliche in your eyes but if you look for it there are plenty of people trying to fight the state and its not because they're mad at there parents. its because there trying to better there life.

19. Shrink

Shrink Senior Member

1. I'm Straight Edge.

2. Great Punk Bands are as follows:
    W.H.N?
    Bouncing Souls,
    7 Seconds,
    Bad Brains,
    MINOR FUCKING THREAT,
    Spazz,
    No Choice,
    Real Reggae,
    Void,
    Black Flag,
    S.O.A,
    S.A.R.S,
    Faith,
    9 Shocks Terror,
    R.A.M.B.O, (I'm Pals With Tony, the lead singer)
    Leftover Crack,
    Assholeparade,
    Subhumans,
    Angry Samoans,
    Artificial Peace,
    Beyond,
    I Hate You,
    Bad Religion,
    WitchxHunt,
    Born Again$t

Tons More.

20. Ume

Ume Moderator

hahaha i was supposed to be at that like yesterday or the day before in vancouver with 2 friends, but i wasen't able to go anymore, they said they had people painting there?!?! hahaha they got them to tag a book for me hahahahaha

wow, you learn something new everyday, i'm into screamo to hahaha, alexisonfire is the best off that list though. :wub: