Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Things Not To Do...

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by MoreOne, Oct 17, 2005.

Share This Page

1. HOWTHAFUCKCOULDIKNOW

HOWTHAFUCKCOULDIKNOW Member

very nice gj ;) i really liked that graffiti.. what does it say xset or something? :D very nice style on it ;)

2. The Kure

The Kure Senior Member

your right man. thats cool!

3. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

Here's a big "to do or not to do". I think alot of us toys get so anxious to get up, we get a half assed feel of a style and go bomb the hell out of everything and it's a mess. In one respect, that's a way to learn. In another, I think we're setting things back for the true writers out there. For instance, I went out and bombed a frieght a week back. First time. Had to bust my cherry. I had some descent sketches, but when I got out there, I realised a pencil and a can are two seperate tools. I had no can control and I made a drippy mess. Now it's off to who the hell knows and at every intersection that's blocked off for a railroad crossing, people are gonna sit in there cars and see that throw up and say "that's ugly. I hate graffiti." Yeah so fuck 'em. But then maybe the railroad operators will see it and say the same thing and start cracking down or paint over my piece and three other incredible burners along with it. I think we should probably stick to our black books until we're confident and when we are, come back here and look at some of the kings' work. If we're still confident, find a place out of eyesight and learn how to use a can. Then get your glory. For now, if I have to get up, I'm sticking with stencil.

4. wordsmith

wordsmith Senior Member

props...^

i agreee..

for me..i just gotta find a word and practice! but damn i wish i could do dope shit like some of these peeps on here.

5. _third

_third Senior Member

here's a tip: don't write 'style' as a tagline unless you got style... I'll post a pic of what i mean tomorrow.

As for do's and do not's, i kind of half agree with this thread... there are several things people just shouldnt do... and then there are things they shuoldnt do but do anyways and they learn at the same time... so whatever, if you want to use this thread to get good then bravo, otherwise, all yous guys who are gonna come here and say "Fuck you dont tell me what to do", well, fuck you right back.

6. {BraT}

{BraT} Member

one more thing... dont start dumb-assed threads or stupid toy battles in ANY of the BS forums.

7. hightension

hightension Senior Member

Ya cuz what happens on this board spills over into real life

:|

8. -=AgA=-TrAnCe

-=AgA=-TrAnCe Elite Member

9. faint rem one

faint rem one Elite Member

AGREED.

10. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Member

Dont tag on the back of the rail police's building..or on stationary boxcars in the yard(You know boxcars that dont move....ever) A lot of yards use them to find out where you paint(some writers can help hitting a boxcar without even having to go into the yard)

11. vman

vman Elite Member

------------------------------------

12. C H E N Z O

C H E N Z O Elite Member

haw bawjaws that emit piece isNOT amet. 2 different people. an if u knew that y post it ?!??!?!?!

13. Myme

Myme Senior Member

^^ No shit, It was already stated that I knew Emit and Amet were different people, I was just using the Emit piece as an example.

-MoreOne

14. C H E N Z O

C H E N Z O Elite Member

so y the fuk say that ther the same guy hoo has improved when theyr clearly not.

15. Nik 1

Nik 1 Member

Only if they won't precieve it as gang markings, try to make it art in the conventional sence.

16. Fate

Fate Elite Member

Only if they won't precieve it as gang markings, try to make it art in the conventional sence. [/b][/quote]
    id leave it alone.unless its already painted, maybe

17. stuki

stuki Member

only thing I notice is everyone is so anxious to get up and make a name... that's not what it's about, that's a biproduct of paying dues. There are tons of writers out there who are just tits, but you don't see them everywhere... personally, I prefer quality over quantity... you don't need your name on every bathroom stall in a bus station, or every street sign in a one block radius... spread out... find a place noone will see to get your can control up... and leave the arrows at home unless they are an underscore on your tag...

The wild style thing made me laugh... I've never had a desire to write wild... lol

18. runci

runci Elite Member

19. runci

runci Elite Member

ooh sorry i only read the first message

i never saw that someone had already pointed out that it wasnt me

20. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

holy shit runci ur shits dope........ummm im on block busters and bubble letters wat should i move onto?