Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Things Not To Do...

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by MoreOne, Oct 17, 2005.

Share This Page

1. blast

blast Member

agreed with that one

2. Detroit

Detroit Senior Member

just roll over ti and theyll probally think it was buffed lol.

3. h0pe1

h0pe1 Senior Member

thats a good point but what if you want to be origonal i say do whatever feels right and looks good to you but the thread makes sence

4. selle

selle Member

Im pretty new to writing and I figured Id share some things I learned my first couple times going out and actually painting...

1. A pen and a can are TOTALLY different things. Just like someone said above me its a whole nother ball game. I was dripping everywhere, letters werent straight, etc.. Instead of bombing everything and making a fool out of myself for everyone to see I found myself a hidden spot that no one goes to where I can practice. Im now a lot better with the mechanics of the can.

2. Dont paint over other peoples stuff. Alot of the graff ive seen in my area are pieces that have been crossed out or painted over and thats just fucked up. Someone put all the time and effort into their work just to see it destroyed. Plus your just going to start beef and you got enough trouble just worrying about cops.

3. I guess the last thing I discovered is to take your time if you are able to. Find a nice hidden spot and just practice everything. As soon as i stopped worrying about getting caught and focused on painting I did a lot better. Be aware not paranoid.

Most of that has been said in one way or another already, but oh well.

5. -save

-save Senior Member

dont act like your the shit and noones better than you...or talk trash until you get good

6. acek

acek Senior Member

7. screw_loose

screw_loose Elite Member

just keep to yourself.

8. Klaz

Klaz Elite Member

A few things that helped me out,but you gotta remember scenes vary alot from city to city the place where i live ,London,has a tenedency to be very violent and is full of toys.but you wouldnt call em toys to thier face cos the toys here are gang members lol.So heres mine:

1.Decide early whether you wanna be a bomber or a artist or whatever.Whether you wanna see your name up in throw sixty times on one wall or whether you wanna do beatiful pieces that burn pretty much everything but have a limited lifespan.Most people start out as bombers

2.If your gonna be a bomber,DO NOT PUNCH ABOVE YOUR WEIGHT(old saying :D ) don't go climbin up streetlights to hit bridges or doin crazy shit like JA.If your gonna be a piecer PRACTICE YOUR SHIT FIRST people get VERY pissed off if u waste space on a good/legal wall. find a plot(hidden place to practice) and make sure ur stuff is good enough for display.

3.Don't worry about bein picky over paint.Especially if your gonna do pieces your gonna want to have decent paint.For bombers this isnt really an issue.

and finally
    When startin out dont tell everyone you write You'll be a local suspect,If any graff shit goes down in school you'll be suspected and so on.Keep it on the DL.
    Also try to keep your personal and graff life seperate.It's perfectly normal to think about graff 24/7 (literally i do) but try not to become obsessive.

that's my 2 cents as you yanks say lol.

As for pickin names ask someone whos beeen writin a long time.I did and i got a perfect name it's amazing how much ppl learn from graff. (bombers are gonna want short names)

later and keep at it.

9. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

I mean, I guess Im a toy, whatever. And I dont brag about my shit cus Im not that great. I just got my hands on some cans a couple weeks ago and did a couple decent pieces so far. Ive been messin around with sketchin pieces and shit, but when I actually went out and used a can, I found it was like a thousand times easier than a pencil. Did anyone have that same thing happen to em? Like all my pencil sketches look like shit, but using a can is just really natural for me, I can take more time and make sure a line looks good. If I plan a piece in pencil, itll never look as good as if I just go and and paint.

Also, this is a lame question I guess, but whats stopping anyone from piecing and bombing? I mean Ive done some bombs and pieces and I like to do both. And if my shit gets painted over, I mean it sucks but I dont really care, long as I got to take a pic of it.

And lastly, everyone thats telling toys to sketch before they paint, I say fuck that. You gotta learn some where. Im not saying go bomb everything if you still dont know how to hold a can. But everyone has to start somewhere.

10. faint rem one

faint rem one Elite Member

dont drink lemon juice after brushing your teeh. NOOBS.

11. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

jet black:dude.spray is wayy diff from pencil in a million ways.it IS better to sketch first and paint later.it is true that you'll have to learn how to,but try paintin on plywood first.get better,then work your way up.no ones gunna want to see your pieces if there toy.practice makes perfect.if toy,dont go for walls for now.stick with pencil paper,and then get plywood,cheap paint(for now),and practice.

haha.i agree with faint!

12. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

I mean I dont paint any big walls or go over shit, I mostly just practice on hidden places, not really open to the public. I mean I dont care if people look at my shit. i just tag cus its fun. I dont want to bother people with my shit, but I want to put something up that I know I did.

13. sketch 01

sketch 01 Member

ya im a toy and i no it and not afraid to admit it ive been sketching for 2-3 months everynite and still am it takes time :)

14. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

^^yea.umm thanks for tellin us about your personal life.anyways.
    practice makes perfect.you cant expect to be good the first time you take a swing at graff.no one is.everyone has started out a toy.and whether you notice or not,your gonna get hacked out.somehow,someway.so dont be a bitch about being hacked out when you know your a toy.i've been hacked out.by haters,but better writers.the best advice i could give(besides NOT getting caught) is always to practice hittin up in bbooks.dont hit the streets until you have something your happy with.

15. =skimble=

=skimble= Senior Member

dont fuckin start just because you think its cool...
    It takes dedication to get good..dont think you can scrib in your schoolbooks for a week and go peice a wall....
    Judge according to what you can actually do....Dont shoot to high because youre not going to make it!
    There is ALWAYS somebody fresher and better than YOU! Unless youre the best WHICH YOU ARE NOT!!!

16. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

i agree(even if you were dissin me.idk.)
    but yea.theres always going to be someone better than you,and worst than you.

17. =skimble=

=skimble= Senior Member

No dissin here.... Just telling it how it is.
    And you gotta have a thickskin to make.You'll get hacked and called a toy. Peeps without commitment give up and they're the ones who dont deserve to be doing graff anyway....

18. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

word up.
    you get hacked,you get hacked.end of story.move on.get better.and you have to be thikskined to get your name up.u cant be a lil cocky bitch about your shit.cockiness will bring you trouble.

19. dirmaster0

dirmaster0 Senior Member

No right to talk shit about eachother till you have 100 posts!! Sorry guys ;)

CLOSE

20. =skimble=

=skimble= Senior Member

OPEN

so wait who was dissin who dirmaster???