Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Things Not To Do...

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by MoreOne, Oct 17, 2005.

Share This Page

1. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

Im not talkin about bein called a toy. I dont care bout that. But I men I DO sketch, of course. But pencils and cans are different. You can be a great sketcher and not be able to hold a can right. It just takes practice. And Im going to practice with my cans. And then later Ill do pieces of fresh walls. But w/e all I was sayin is that you gotta get some exp. with the cans. And I have practiced with ply and shit.

2. Phantazm

Phantazm Senior Member

can anyone give me a logical reason why this thread should be closed i think it answers a lot of peoples questions albiet no one uses the search button anyways OPEN

3. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

^^if that was a poll for this thread open or closed,i would vote null.because..:

close:you should know yourself what to do and what not to do and not come to other people for a first resort in what you should do.its your damn decision.not their's.this should come to u naturally

open:coming to others to "teach" you what to do or not may be a BAD thing,but at least it beats making new damn threads.haha

4. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

Whats wrong with this thread be open? Why are all of you guys always bitching like little whinny girls about the fuckin threads. Christ, if its a dumb thread, no ones going to post on it. If someone learns something from it, then its worth being open. Who cares if theres dumb questions or whatever your complaining about. The point of this forum is for toys to learn shit. Now shut up about it.

5. Mugyver

Mugyver Senior Member

so i hear people give pretty much 2 types of advice.
    a) one is stay home, sketch sketch sketch until you have some style, then go paint,
    B) the other is if you do that you have no can control, so paint all the time, even if its shit, by the time you do get a style your can control will be tight. any comments on which is better and why?

6. Slug SAC

Slug SAC New Member

I agree with what this guy is saying about no rules and that..

If new artists just pick up Graff etiqutte (sp?) before they drive straight into the scene and make themselves enemies, then we wouldnt need "rules"

7. molotow_15

molotow_15 Elite Member

o its a new person is your tag slug

8. blast

blast Member

this thread is very useful and teaches so keep it open

9. iro

iro Member

I don't plan on doing this yet but I was just wondering about how you do throw ups. If you're just doing a monocolor fill, do you paint the whole thing with the fill color and then just outline in black? Or outline first then fill it?

10. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

if you dont know,figure out yourself.its logic.think about it.

but since im bored..

paint the outline of your throw with the color you wanna fill it in.then,fill the bitch in.then.take the color you wanna outline it with and outline the bitch up.get it?got it?good.

but even though you know how to do throws on paper doesnt mean you know how to paint it on a wall.practice first.dont go bombin your city the first time you do throws.

11. epikone

epikone Senior Member

if ur a toy try not to flash ur tag at skool ,u might of thought u were being a big man going over someones tag out side and they see it on u at skool ,then ur fucked ,that calls for an ass kickin

12. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

Most tags at my school are shit, so going over them would be a help to the whole student body. Plus I dont think many toys are going over others people shit. Youd have to be a fuckin retard to do that as a toy. But yeah it is a good idea not to flash your tag at school though. Especially if youve been bombin around town and youve got some heat on ur name. Plus you never know if some fuckin snitch or someone is going to run and tell. Snitches get rap knishes. Remeber that.

13. beltonmoltow

beltonmoltow Senior Member

dont do tags on schools!!!!!! its pointless and school reps investigate shyt like that so just leave it alone

14. Klaz

Klaz Elite Member

nice sig beltonmolotow.but i looked at it too long and now i keep seein Jesus everywhere lol.

15. N.O.T.E

N.O.T.E Senior Member

can someone post a pic of ther straight letters, i searched for some straight letters cudnt rly find n e

great thread btw

16. JeffEdgeCamoPants

JeffEdgeCamoPants Member

i started writing like a 2 or 3 months ago and i try to scetch as much as possible

how long does it take to get like...not legendary but good enough to shock my lil ass suberban town

17. Zip

Zip Member

235 days...

No really.. I'm toy as hell too but, I'm pretty sure they're going to say it all depends on you... and everyone's different.

18. textathief

textathief Senior Member

dont go blabbing out that u write to n e 1 unless u can trust them

19. t0y

t0y New Member

writting in shcool is stupid, i would feel very stupid if my name got burned in school.

20. Ginsu

Ginsu Senior Member

what if im shity as hell with the bubble and the block?and one more thing, what does "toy" mean, is that another term for noob?