Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Things Not To Do...

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by MoreOne, Oct 17, 2005.

Share This Page

1. ska

ska Member

Yeah that's pretty good advide but that first sketch that you said was good is whack, the block one, but the best advice is just sketch, sketch sketch and then throw your best on here and if it gets the thumbs up then hit it up! And i mean thumbs up from some vets, not just all toys.

2. *s*h*a*d*e*

*s*h*a*d*e* Senior Member

3. WAKE-1

WAKE-1 Senior Member

ive been sketching for about a month and im running out of ideas. wat r some styles other than like block and bubble.

P.S. i have a feeling this is a really toy question ;)

4. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

what i did when i started to run out of i deas was not exactly bite stuff but just look at some some what simple stuff and take some ideas from that and then you'll eventually get your own ideas and style

5. Sprae

Sprae Senior Member

wow... thanks i love this thread it is very encouraging after someone has been critisizing ur work hardcore... thank you

6. dark\gbk

dark\gbk Senior Member

yeh good thread

i still consider myself toy but not just i bite everything i hav actually never biten and i hit up bad as places but my peices are still to be worked on

7. unknown?

unknown? Senior Member

ur riye dis is a gud thread n i am starting painting nw casue i have been sketching 4 like ages

can i have sum advice on outlnes plz? cause i cn fill o.k ish wiv no drips den wen i outline i gt drips n i fuks it up?

8. WAKE-1

WAKE-1 Senior Member

9. Drips12

Drips12 Member

people sayin you should practice all the time, i get what you mean but like, i've listened to that a bit too much, i've been sketchin a year or more so i guess i'm not so much of a toy no more, but if you think about it, i've never used a can, an so when i go spray paint i'm just gonna look toy again cause it'll be all drippy n shit.
    i'm always lookin for places to practice but there aren't really any where i am so i'm just gonna hope my first peice aint terrible, anyone else like me ?

10. WAKE-1

WAKE-1 Senior Member

when people r sayin practice they dont just mean sketchin they mean paintin too.

11. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

^^your first piece is gunna turn out %99.9 chance of being horrible to %0.1 chance actually worth lookin at and %0 good.if its your first time,then get yourself some cheap wal-mart cans so you dont waste your money and a bunch of ny skinny and fat caps and practice at dead spots or buy plywood.

and to unknown:you might not be moving fast enough for lines.thats why your getting drips.or when you fill it in,there might be some "over painted" spots where when your outline color hits it,it drips like fuck.

12. WAKE-1

WAKE-1 Senior Member

unknown. for outlines get a cap wit a thin spray and u hav to move real quick. if ur not happy with the outline u might have to wait till its dry then go over it again so it doesnt drip all over

hope it helps

13. Select_One

Select_One Elite Member

for whatever its worth...

do yourself a favor and get german outline caps..... they own ny thins. Considerably.

and sketch a lot.

14. minor crimes

minor crimes Elite Member

sketch, sketch, sketch... if u kno a good writer ask them 2 do a sketch for u in ur black book most of them will. or ask them for some letters or some tips of improvment. n if ur guna do a piece use shit cheap cans first to start off b4 u get the good cans like beltons n montanas n shit its not worth wasting money on good paint wen ur still toy

15. PimpaFaith129

PimpaFaith129 Member

16. WAKE-1

WAKE-1 Senior Member

minor crimes speaks the truth

17. dark\gbk

dark\gbk Senior Member

yeh u hav to sketch den go get up on the street, in graff u hav to do everything and try to master it quik or u will be regarded a toy for the rest of ur bombing career lol

18. minor crimes

wen i first started out i had an old bed base lying around in my backyard so i put that up on some milk crates and got some roller paint and went over it a couple of times so that my spray wouldnt sink into the base then i would practise my can control on that n shit... ill show some of my shitty starting work

19. minor crimes

20. dark\gbk

dark\gbk Senior Member

lol yeh i practiced in an old abandoned house nere wer i live