Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tot Characters

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by cess!, Feb 12, 2006.

Share This Page

1. *Patch!

*Patch! Senior Member

domakesaythink- that masked character is sick. the first one is good too its just not the type of thing that appeals to me
    b squared- that char is sweet but the shirt collar looks a little goofy for some reason and some of the suit jacket pinstriping but nothing major.
    blacktodafuture- i like the char at the bottom right of the page its simple but looks good anyways
    Turkeydinner- the face looks good but the body needs work. the face is really detailed but the body is too simple
    djmesican- thats legit but i think that whole style of char is gettin played out
    alts- that last one is sick. love it
    loki- the zombunnie is a cool concept but i say work on it more and clean up the lines and shit
    klic- i think you should lose that thing on his face.. it makes him look like an older balder version cyclops from xmen lol
    art threat- not feeling it either it looks like you're trying to have too much going on with the piercings and it just doesnt fit in my opinion. clean it up a bit
    kaiser- those are sick. coloring on them are dope good work

no hate just crits. heres mine go easy on me lol been working at it

ai523.photobucket.com_albums_w354_K1LLBURN_char2.jpg

2. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

3. ryser

ryser Member

4. DUNSY

DUNSY Senior Member

murphys law, your newest character is dope as hell! nice detail + shadow
    kaiser like you said yourself proportions could be better but i still like it, good coloring
    art threat, ryser,emptycan, those are all kind of standard characters not feelin' them try to come up with something new

heres mine
    ai28.tinypic.com_2vvs1o6.jpg
    lol ^^
    ai30.tinypic.com_o09qwp.jpg

crits

5. -PeaR-

-PeaR- Member

omg!
    i fukin love ur stuff dunsy.

umm ryser, i like the fact that ur trying to make ur chars more individual with the x legs but id also maybe give it a neck and some proper legs. try tank tracks or tentacles or watever if u cant do legs.

murphy, ur stuff is sick!
    i love zombies and urs is epic. ur skeleton is awesome 2. u probs already worked it out but the hand is to big for the cocktail glass and the arm is to skinny, make each bone thicker and a little further apart.

6. Murphy's law

Murphy's law Senior Member

Dunsy: Thanks man, I dig the yeti looking guy and ninja, The only note i have is if he's talking his mouth should be open.

-PeaR- : Thanks too, the hand thing was last minute, but if my camera was a lil better (the zoom in now broken) the picture goes a lil further on either side, he's wearing a tux jacket and it fills a lil of the size difference if i could scrape up money for a scanner it my look better, all my stuff looks better in person... But thanks for the crit...

7. -Sinn-

-Sinn- Senior Member

Dunsy i like the I CAN DO SIMPLES pic its pretty dope good example of cartoon characs
    Empty can - not too bad for a beginner, but u wanna put something to it a certain flare that makes it your own and not generic
    Patch - try and fatten out the top of his head kind of looks like a pencil eraser
    Murphys law - the top pic aint my style but ill give u props on the tech work of it the skeleton on the other hand i quite enjoy, just try to even out the shading
    View attachment 509467
    crits?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  8. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

To Kaiser: Your first one is pretty sick. Her left breast should recede in to the distance a little more, maybe even behind her arm since her arm seems to be the foremost part of the drawing. But your coloring is good on it. And someone already said this, but make the face more feminine on the second one.

9. DUNSY

DUNSY Senior Member

mommy whats that lady doing with her hand down her pants ? :p

really nice the only thing that i can see thats wrong is er other hands
    but i know hands are bitches to draw :D

10. Murphy's law

-Sinn-: thanks man i'll work on it.... The only thing that catches me on yours is her tits and mouth. They're flopped to there own sides while she's arching her back, when a gal's in that pose they look like teardrop shaped (not sagging mind you) for tits that big the slop should start at the collar bone. Her mouth just looks like a circle, try making her bite her lip or make the mouth a gumdrop shape, circle mouths look flat and for an anime-esc look it doesn't work to have a 2 d mouth on her....

Here's something new:
    ac1.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images02_32_l_fbd4e83088ae474689df010b5dd848b0.png

11. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

sin-looks good but theres something wrong with her head/neck
    murphy-dope idea i like it alot keep it up

12. Murphy's law

13. Kaiser71

Kaiser71 Senior Member

Sinn....Not feeling the circle lips and the left hand is kinda fucked.

Murphy..Not a huge fan of this one. Specifically the head.

Just a page full of shit. crits welcome

View attachment 510309

14. -PeaR-

-PeaR- Member

hey kaiser
    what pens you use man?
    the colours (im a brit) are sick
    i love the hand at the back of the bird and the creepy stone guy on the left
    everything else just seems a bit generalised
    although i like the hats =P

15. Kaiser71

Kaiser71 Senior Member

I use everything I got. Too cheap to buy a full, set, I've got a couple of everything....
    Sharpie, Micron, Pentel, Touch, Prisma, Copic, Deco, Sharpie paint, Chartpak, Pilot,...some of the background is a shitty watercolor set ive got, but the yellow, green, blue, pink streaks all over are just copics that I fucked around with a colorful blender.

16. Anion

Anion Banned

Kaiser - That's awesome. Love the bird in the lower right corner. It just screams acid trip. You could lost in there for hours.

Wanted to try this guy out on concrete. I had some trouble getting the proportions right. Which they aren't at all. I thought it'd be easier to do it bigger than the practice canvas I built but it didn't seem it. Did it with a NY Fat.

Attached Files:

17. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

gtfo you fucking piigggg!!!! is there a mod reading this pm me i'll prve the asshole is a fucking cop

18. Tryp

Tryp Senior Member

anion i remember u dabbling in tentacles lol

ath02.deviantart.net_fs51_300W_f_2009_260_f_6_tentacles_by_funkDust77.jpg
    and some bird
    afc04.deviantart.com_fs50_f_2009_257_c_9_lady2_by_funkDust77.jpg

19. Fetusr

Fetusr Senior Member

Tryp those tentacles are fresshhhhh

View attachment 511307

Bored as fuck and scheming on the outside world

20. Kaiser71

Kaiser71 Senior Member

Those tentacles are ill...watercolor?

Fetusr, I really like the style you used, but not the idea of the character. just my 2 cents

Work in progress
    View attachment 511309