Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tot Characters

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by cess!, Feb 12, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Epoc

Epoc Senior Member

bump.

sweet art in here for once.

2. Anion

Anion Banned

Tryp - I love how you did the suction cup thingies on the underside of the tentacle. They're just sick period. Total inspiration

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  3. ScAmeretoLme

ScAmeretoLme Member

ai150.photobucket.com_albums_s114_scameretolme_noname4.jpg
    sketch from last night, loving the tentacles tryp

4. -PeaR-

-PeaR- Member

ScAmeretoLme-nice man, this is the kinda chars i like. maybe change the tentacles/eyes for just normally attached eyes. maybe make them really small and beady

tryp- nice, although i think that the L shaped lines above the girls lips arent necessary. the tentacles are awesome tho.

just my thoughts

edit-got the names wrong =P

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  5. Neg_INFLUENZ

Neg_INFLUENZ Guest

6. zennegen

zennegen Banned

tryp, those flicks that epoc bumped are fucking boss.i would seriously buy prints of those. good work.

7. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

kirbys the shit!

8. ouch_ftp

ouch_ftp Member

posting mine up tomorrrroooo to seee wot ya'lllll think!!!!!

9. HalfGangstaShit

HalfGangstaShit Elite Member

ac2.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images02_80_l_8c41ce378e4049dd8cdad74378eb16c1.png

the whole thing took me about 25mins..
    Kaiser, nice colors but your characters suck. s2s.
    Anion I have no love for you, make up your own charac.
    Tryp, I like your girl. I might jack your concept...
    Fetusr, it hurts dude, but keep drawing!

10. Tryp

Tryp Senior Member

thanks fam, yeah it was watercolor and ink for those. just wish i could find enough time to do more, but im working on that.

sinn: that is dope, im trying to get better at drawing women myself and it can be difficult because they actually have to look presentable, but for crits i totally agree with murphy's law. oh and yay for pierced nips.

murphy's law: i liked this idea. it seems that you're pretty aware of where to add lines for the wrinkling in clothing. what i could see that would be something to work on would be the thigh area and mid waist area. when covering one side of the drawing with my hand it looks fine but together the proportions look a little off?

kaiser71: man i miss filling pages up like this. lots going on with just color and ideas. im fuckin loving the bottom half of that shit too. the colors on the bird and snake coming off work so well, you need to keep that up. and that telephone pole with the powerlines is too nice, especially the wood coloring. as for the other painting, or drawing, actually, what medium is this? i thought it was a pic scrolling down at first lol. the scene looks great, you really captured the grime, dark and dirtyness. cant wait to see it finished.

anion: pretty sick man. better than my characs seem to come out using spray. like you already said though, proportions. but im sure thats nothing practice wont solve w/ the same guy, then youll be able to do it fast and probably with ur eyes closed.

fetusr: sweet little character you got right here. i dig the mohawk loose skullhead idea and it expresses the emotion pretty well, and its intention. if you like the guy def. try some diff. positions or actions. maybe even one after the other. im not sayin become a cartoonist but mixing it up with one character from diff. perspectives lets you get more comfortable for any situation ya know

scameretolme: it's not showing up for me??

pear: thanks. yeah im with you on the "L" shapes above her lips, after i did it i was like mehhhh...

neg influenz: hah kirby kicks ass. you seem to be well aware of your shading but just maybe work on the blending a little bit, colored pencils can be sweet. hope to see more definitely

halfgangstashit: haha go for it man, id love to check that shit out if u ever do. your charac up there is nast. my favorite is his head and hair i guess. it looks like you were pretty comfortable with it and the proportions seem nice. the simple is super tight too, with him coming out the top. clean drawing on that surface too, it could even be mistaken as a sticker in some parts.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  11. Epoc

Epoc Senior Member

^^ thats crit for ye.

12. Jokz

Jokz Senior Member

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3019_2917160011_8e5e5034f4.png

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3041_2917159165_f61f8864b2.png

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3067_2918005732_33aaa0a4c9.png
    the last one isnt finished yet

13. Anion

Anion Banned

Those are some awesome crits to go around, Tryp.
    Jokz - I like your characters. They look so evil. Haha. The teddy bear hanging is sick. And your sig is freaking awesome.

This is an old Rubble I did. I think it's the best I've done thus far. I gotta' order some more paint in the Rubble color scheme. I wanna' try a bigger one.

[​IMG]

14. Jokz

Jokz Senior Member

yea i drew those in my evil period lol

the barney is dope btw, you shud work on a flinstones piece

15. Anion

Anion Banned

I think I'm gonna' try and bust out a little piece with a few of them before Winter really hits. I'll keep ya'll posted.

I was just looking at that noose around the bears neck. It's pretty good. All of the characters have good detail. I really like that cartoony evil style.
    It looks like you know what you're doing with a pencil.
    Anymore?

16. Murphy's law

Murphy's law Senior Member

Tryp Thanks i'll work on it....

Jokz i dig it man i really like it...

and since my camera broke the only new character i have up is my bug spider thing....
    ac4.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images02_30_l_a2009aa8909d438399e80f328c5afba7.png

17. Kaiser71

Kaiser71 Senior Member

Reminds me of the cloverfield thing. It would look dope to me if it had a couple more eyes of random sizes, all red with the tiny white highlights. and maybe laying a web or something.

18. ScAmeretoLme

ScAmeretoLme Member

19. DankNC

DankNC Guest

20. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009