Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Toy Forum Round Robin Tourney.

Discussion in 'Toy Battle' started by Fube, Feb 13, 2010.

Share This Page

1. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

Yo fube just a suggestion for the next tourney.

I think we should start simple with tags then 2nd round -throwies, semi-final- pieces, and a full out background elaborate piece for the final

2. 401Son

401Son Senior Member

Dam didn't noe this shit was going on, is there still time 4 mi 2 get in this?, put mi down an jus get sum 1 extra 2 face mi

3. mawks

mawks Senior Member

^ hit the spell check first

4. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

I doubt I'm going to beat WGONE in the next battle.. haha. I predict the final will be Seyo/Alts.

We'll see how that goes after. ;]

5. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

hey crust i appreciate the respect and all but i didn't make it out the first round yet , and you got sick hand style man so if i do make it out the 1st round i gotta give u the edge but hey it'll be good fun neways good luck

6. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Good luck to you too, man!

and I have some faith you will. But we'll see.

7. 401Son

401Son Senior Member

I can spell the way I want ii, an so is it possible to still get in this tournament?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  8. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Not for this month, man. Sorry.

9. 401Son

401Son Senior Member

aaa shit ii goodlooks 4 letting mi noe, let mi noe wen the next 1 starts

10. TheToy

TheToy Elite Member

They should be in the 'Intermediate Round Robin'...

I'm not sure if this exists.

I don't think Alts and WGone fit the description of a 'Toy'.

11. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

^ yo that's what I was talking about in the intermediate thread.

12. TheToy

TheToy Elite Member

No doubt. Didn't see it.

We need better separation between 'Toy' and 'Intermediate'...

Some of these people know their skill level and still enter at the 'Toy' entry level...
    I dunno', maybe they can't paint or something.

13. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

i could paint if i wanted to but i gotta say i really don't , married with children man , can't be takin chances of losing the job and shit like that , so if your young and pasiionate about this graff thing go fucking paint , check my folder in my profile there is a couple things i painted in my garage , those are my few attempts and i was really happy how they turned out for never really panitin before

14. seywhat

seywhat Elite Member

if i aint got mine scanned and shit by the end of the day, do i still have tomorrow to turn it in? or is today the day

15. Fube

Fube Elite Member

i understand theres a difference. but i dont feel like pairing up to skill level and this is why,

1. more work on my part, why should i try and determine whats toy and whats not "as toy" as the other when i know theres going to be people droppin out? thats a lot of work and to tell you the truth, i dont have the pm space nor the time to run 2 different round robin battles.
    2. there is a thin line between toy and Intermediate.
    and
    3. you need to have something to strive for. this battle may be fun but in the end its to progress and get ''real'' crits when you dont in the normal form. your never going to get better battling someone with your same skill level, if your up against someone better it will push you to produce something to try and compete.

if you guys want to get your own round robin battle and make it invitational thats up to you.

i like this suggestion, we will try it next one.

you have all day tomorrow to do it. i am posting the battles sat, you have sat and sun to vote. come mon the handy battle will be announced.

16. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

lol ok so im kinda drunk right now, but i think that if theres a battle that neither of them get their sketches in in time, i should advance :)

17. Fube

Fube Elite Member

ya know what?! if they dont then i will advance the losers of folks that actually turned in the shit!

but not sure how that's going to mess up the brackets.

ill find a way.

18. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

I have joined this because I do consider myself intermediate, and I entered because a few other inter writers had said they were in it as well, if people think it is unfair then I will bow out of it. To be honest none of the writers are real toys, they all know what they are doing on some level.

Yea if I could actually paint what i sketch then I would consider myself an experienced writer however I just haven't been able to give painting the time it deserves yet, but that should be changing this year.

19. Fube

Fube Elite Member

no no no, lets not get out of control here guys. i consider myself a toy. like i said, if you dont have any grasp on what letters look like or should look like for that matter you should not be entering shit. intermediate toy, is still toy. the problem is being "toy" has such a vague definition in the first place. and all of it is subject to interpitation.

most of you are missing the point of this whole thing.

20. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

The point is to force us to get better through battles. by us going against those better than us, we have to do our best to move on in the tournament.

Do I have it right, Fube?