Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Toy Stencils, Stickers, Posters

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by S2!, Feb 17, 2006.

Share This Page

1. sockk

sockk Banned

woooow sum dripy lines and scribbles ... SO AURTISTIK AND THOUTE INSPIRING U R DA NEX BANKSEEE

2. Jaset

Jaset Senior Member

3. Jaset

Jaset Senior Member

4. HOERS

HOERS Senior Member

goodshit jaset. i really like the first photo

5. lies and deceit

lies and deceit Member

6. lies and deceit

lies and deceit Member

man that second pic is blurry as fuck... have to get some pics after the whole run is finished and cut.

7. HOERS

HOERS Senior Member

8. GooberOne

GooberOne Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  9. Coleo

Coleo Elite Member

going to NY thursday and friday gunna put as much slaps up as i can!

10. HOERS

HOERS Senior Member

11. ebob616

ebob616 Member

those crazy lookin guys are badass.

12. Wizard

Wizard Senior Member

Not done yet. 1.25m x 69cm. First big poster haha
    100_4316.jpg

13. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Hoers that character is dope.

Carrying on from the debate a couple pages back, I like stickers and think its a genuine part of graffiti but IMO you shouldnt start doing slaps and characters and shit until you have at least some letter structure. Theres a good few people on here who post tons of slaps and nice characters but their pieces and letters suck, its deceptive, just another way of fooling people into thinking you have skill when you have none when it comes to writing. This is the main reason I dont really do slaps and if i were to do stickers id just put my tag on them until I had some level of skill. Theres nothing one dimensional about graff, no-one should expect to get away with just doing slaps when they lack skill in every other part of graff. This is just my opinion of course some may disagree.

14. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Also, i think id be more satisfied doing one piece to a level I am proud of than doing 1000 slaps that I know arent anything special.

15. lies and deceit

lies and deceit Member

i feel ya willis. My letter structure is meh, my style is meh, but if you only look at my stencils my shit looks pretty good. The thing is I write about as much as I stencil, one skill is just progressing faster than the others. I share what i think is worth sharing and keep the shit I KNOW is shit to myself. I don't really need some one to tell me my letter structure is shit if i know its shit. I do need someone to be like "that stencil is shit" or "i want to make sweet love to your stencil". I have progressed enough making them to want that kind of feedback. Lurking on these forums most toys seem to start making slaps as soon as they start tagging. They make a shit ton of slaps get crits on a few handies then if they are worth their shit they start getting crits on everything else. I suppose in the end i think of it as progression of talent, and the natural course of things to start with slaps.

16. "MONSTER"

"MONSTER" Member

easiest way to make ur first custom stencil take a picture of ur self and load on to an online editing place like befunky.com and ther is actually an effect called stencilon ther here is an example stncil.jpg

17. lies and deceit

lies and deceit Member

don't use a computer. its best to figure out composition straight from a photo by hand. Learning to develop bridges and shadows in my stencils has helped me with all of my other work. Also i suggest a drawing of your own to start with.

18. Kushbombing

Kushbombing Senior Member

If someone's makes only stickers and they don't bomb with paint they aren't a graffiti artist IMO. I drop bombs and tags daily. I make stickers when I am at home and feel like sketching.

To me making stickers is blackbook practice and a cheap way to get up in the day with no worries.

19. lies and deceit

lies and deceit Member

^ that is what im saying. any way here are a few of this turtle i tried. its giving me hell. lots of blow outs from to much paint, to much adhesive and shit. that is what i get for being impatient and high. And the last run all cut out.

001.jpg 002.jpg

20. HOERS

HOERS Senior Member

Those two top left turtles are dope. I really like the colors