Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Trying to Improve

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU, Nov 20, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Andy B

Andy B Senior Member

Everyone giving tips and advice is outstanding to see. In my younger years I stay with the traditional block lettering, as seen in 100% of my stuff. But the more I try to branch out and do different, the more I see the benefit of these tools. It is especially dope to see the heavy hitters aiding those asking for help. This is how we need to be with one another.

2. MIUNZ

MIUNZ Senior Member

Another thing with adding extensions and arrows. A lot of the time I use them just to fill negative space. If my letters are good enough I usually won’t add any extensions or arrows. The initial sketch shows the negative space indicated by the circles. Then the second sketch shows how I’ve filled said space. This also shows how I drew each bar

IMG_0170.png

IMG_0171.png

3. watchawant

watchawant Senior Member

@Side_One. Hey up man, will hopefully put something up to help you out this coming week, otherwise try the "Graffiti Cookbook" that might help, you should be able to order it to your home for under a 10er dude

4. watchawant

watchawant Senior Member

Hi Side one, here is my advice, split your letters up in to panels or bars and balance them out as you construct your piece I have done a outline here and done a bit of a step by step, I hope it helps @Side_One

side 1 part 1.jpeg

side one pt 2.jpeg

5. watchawant

watchawant Senior Member

6. watchawant

watchawant Senior Member

7. watchawant

watchawant Senior Member

Wrong order sorry dude

Hassy 1 yo.jpeg

8. watchawant

watchawant Senior Member

9. Side_One

Side_One Senior Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to replicate what you drew to get an idea of the flow. The letters that are hard to bent/outline into bars for me are the following 'C' 'G' 'O' and 'S' because it has the semi curves with bars.

Beside that, I'm half way into the graffiti cookbook. I really like the content, very usefull information. I usually go on IG for inspiration and look at other writer's work and if I like something I try to incorporate it in my sketchbook. I'm constantly practicing and trying out new things outside of BS forum in my blackbook. I'm currently working on a project that I will post on here at the end of the year.

10. watchawant

watchawant Senior Member

Ahh cool you got the graffiti cook book and are using it, that's good! Yes checking as much others peoples work as you can and some will rub off on you! Yeah I find C, G and O hard, S is a good one when you get the hang of it. Try to sketch an outline every day and try out new styles and techniques as much as you can and you will get good! Look forward to seeing you improve, best of luck!