Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tuners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RekoFromGeico, Jan 27, 2009.

Share This Page

1. RekoFromGeico

RekoFromGeico Senior Member

standard or automatic?
    if standard, i would go for the rx7, but its a personal opinion. if you want to race, on a track, get a rx7, street race, s2k.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

5th gen civics are the ugliest looking things to be made...go for a 4th gen or go 6th gen....and get rid of the d16 get a b16/b18....and theres already a cars thread...so maybe post in that....ive got a d16 in my 6th gen coupe...but its because i cant afford insurance as im 19 and live in the UK, if your in america its cheap as fuck so get the b18C conversion done...will give you 200hp, rather than spending 10K on a shitty d16 to get 150hp....but anyway...INTEGRAAAAA DC2 shoot from the other day...running about 225/230hp, NA, K&N, apexi exhaust system....apart from that bog standard....testing my new automotive rig....

[Broken External Image]:http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2059/120/64/826565222/n826565222_5619661_9057.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2059/120/64/826565222/n826565222_5619662_9413.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2059/120/64/826565222/n826565222_5619663_9783.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2059/120/64/826565222/n826565222_5619664_92.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2059/120/64/826565222/n826565222_5619679_1514.jpg

3. §KrEapIn§

§KrEapIn§ Senior Member

fuck hondas!!!!!! VEEDUB BABY!!

lol all my friends drive hondas and we all joke around sayin the other sucks..but at the end of the day they all kno my mk3 jetta vr6 looks soo much better and as long as there not boosted they all kno i spank them too

4. RekoFromGeico

..i wish insurance was cheap... :(

5. RekoFromGeico

ahh bump.
    I sold my hatch today, $10,000.
    I took the turbo i recently installed in it out, he still payed 10k.
    I am going to sell the turbo, get hopefully a eaton, or a kenne bell supercharger, and place it in a 03 cobra.
    Im already getting offers for 5000 for the turbo, haha.
    Im selling some 15's too, so ill have enough money for the supercharger.
    05 GTO. then im puttin twin AVO turbo's on it.
    I cant decide.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  6. Ink me

Ink me Senior Member

I wouldnt waste my money on something without boost..........so much more for options. Im personally a SAAB fan though. Ricers dont really do it for me though........except an MR2 preferably the Second Gen.

7. fumes and shit

fumes and shit Senior Member

you guys are fucking idiots with your little "custom built " civics , that shit is dirtbag as hell. close this thread and get yourselves an import, i'd burn you all in my audi any day of the week

8. Karma

Karma Senior Member

I like how someone said fuck honda's.

If you're so into your VW then you must have loads of money to throw into your piece when the torque converter fails and that lame tranny slips like a bitch.

Honda's are great for many reasons.

Take the CRX for example
    stiffen it up take a b16 head for vtec, b20 block for your lowend, and a gsr for hardend gears and the 6 and you've got a low budget highly street crushing, war vehicle thats mad dependable. Thats with a built motor NA.

I've got my DSM2 with a 2.4 swap SRT4 rods a pistons (word up for high compression) turbo'd and a spyder rear axle and diff. mad power. But stuff breaks alot and isn't cheap. With the junkyard though atleast I can get stuff on the 30 dollars all you can carry.

I usually have to take a friend and get some hood I don't need so we can just throw a bunch of shit on top.

9. Karma

Karma Senior Member

all audi's are vw's by the way. While I agree that some models ( S4, RS4, RS6) can make power they die so quick around 50-75k if you run them.

Whats your deff of an import anyway.

because any car head knows that Audi's are of the Euro tuning class. And by anyone that really ones an audi not referred to as an import. Thats like a slap in the face ahah.

10. RekoFromGeico

thats why i just didnt reply to him, lmao.

11. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

wait get yourself an import....hondas to me are imports you nutter :p my mates teg dc2 is a jap import....and it will rape any of your audi's any day of the week most probably....and its running NA at 230bhp on a 1.8Litre engine, and thats with bare minimum of bolt ons....why get a 5L mustang putting out like 250....fuck that....and running a b-series engine on boost is ultimate win....so much power gain from so little boost....honda make great engines for power for the engine capacity, and thats why they will always be better....i mean look at the b16 that goes in the ek9 type r, running about 180bhp NA....i know 1.6 turbo cars that dont run that power....so no one can say so called ricer cars are shit....they will beat any of your american muscle cars any day of the week.....

12. Ink me

Ink me Senior Member

And what if that VW is a 5 spd.........

13. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

who cares what speed it is?
    the new fucking benz is 7spd...and im positive any honda in here could anhillate it.
    vw's are lame. and fucking made of plexiglass.
    stfu.

14. tha wite rabbit

tha wite rabbit Senior Member

as much as i wouldnt ever want to drive a little honda, you have to giv those fuckin guys credit, for pulling 400 or so horspower out of a little 1.8 liter engine that shits sick. what you gotta go for tho is an gm wit a 350 fuckin you could be runnin 1000 hp out of that fucker for nothin, and theyre rear wheel drive.... dunno what i shout put mi 350 in tho 240sx or a gbody wit no motor

15. Gaf

Gaf New Member

.... this makes no fucking sense at all. First, I highly doubt this person could afford the insurance for either the RX-7 or the S2000. Secondly, why the fuck would you risk either racing it on the street? There is no point in street racing, you can NOTHING from it. Keep that shit on the track where it belongs or you'll end up like Nick Hogan.

16. Ink me

Ink me Senior Member

Not to start beef..........but my point of it being a 5 speed........is I was under the impression that manual transmissions did not have torque converters..........I dont know what kind of car you drive. So many people rely on the name for their "knowledge" of cars but do not understand the inner workings.

17. Karma

Karma Senior Member

depends on what your going for, S2K is a real bitch car. They look hella sweet with the hard top and what not BUT they don't hold up very long. Plus your bolt ons are going to jack you bank account.

The RX7 depending on which gen you get might be a good car. I love the way that the old ones look. Like that boxy format. You can usually find 12b (rotorary engine) engines or 13b rebuild for cheap. But thats an engine I don't know too much about.

I do know that theres like an upsidedown shaped triangle which a ball spins in and internally combusts. Thats pretty insane when you think about it. The RX8, not to be confused with Mr. Audis R8 up there; is a 1.3L rotory engine and puts out a massive 230HP. The engine is like a big turbo if I rememberright. I'll have to look into that again.

In short, S2K is amazing even more so in hardtop but its a bit costly to maintain.

The RX7 is a beastly choice, if you can find one with no frame damage and hardly any rust or none at all would be awesome. But then you have to learn a different side of cars.

And manual all the way, nothings better then taking each gear to redline. It might be a pain to begin with but so worth every bit of driving pleasure. You're that much more in tune with your car. Its a great feeling.

18. Karma

Karma Senior Member

You didn't state it was a manual transmission, but I still hold to what I said. You're tranny is going to be slipping like a bitch, and things you've never even heard of are going to go wrong with the jetta or whatever model you have. No volkswagen can surpass 100k in any sort of good condition.

Its mainly because it is a VW.

19. Ink me

Ink me Senior Member

Generally Manual transmissions are 5 speed..............Older Autos generally 4....newer 6-7. And please explain why the tranny is going to slip......Im not a huge VW fan at all but all this talk is absolute nonsense.

20. Karma

Karma Senior Member

Do you need a crash course on how to read and make sense of words in front of your face. Or Just on cars in general? I'd be happy to supply you with both.

The vw that the individual stated as having, The VR6 jetta come with many options. But the two biggest differences are a MANUAL Transmission, and a AUTOMATIC transmission.

Know that we've established that we can move forward.

you said " What if that VW is a 5speed?"

I replied Then the transmission, (which has gears in it, and these gears have notches or teeth if you will which depend on one another for transferring energy to the next gear) will slip.

Teeth breaking off due to excessive abuse via racing ect will cause a transmission to slip. Also the fact that vw has very shitty quality control, poor craftmans ship.

So what are you trying to INFORM me about the new generations of speeds within transmission? How does that effect the problem at hand with the vw?

YOu don't even understand how the new transmissions work either i'm sure.

The 6 speed.
    1-5 are normal gears with 6th gear being over drive.

and on most new 7's some of the gears act as a low gear for improved mpg. This is the case with Ford.