Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

We Ride by Train!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BIGel, Feb 13, 2010.

Share This Page

1. THEPOSTWHORE5000

THEPOSTWHORE5000 Elite Member

such a dope fucking thread. props on all those pics wish i could do shit like this

2. laglezgarcia

laglezgarcia New Member

Dear BlGel,

Could you be so kind to send me by e-mail ([email protected]) the password for the PDF file "North American Professional Railroad Atlas - 3rd edition"? I am a forwarding professional and this USA rail information is very interesting to me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

laglezgarcia

3. laglezgarcia

laglezgarcia New Member

Dear BlGel,

Could you be so kind to send me by e-mail ([email protected]) the password for the PDF file "North American Professional Railroad Atlas - 3rd edition"? I am a forwarding professional and this USA rail information is very interesting to me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

laglezgarcia

4. dreisus

dreisus Senior Member

thats how i ride by train :D

5. theorist

theorist Senior Member

Trying to hop some Union Pacific IM to Oakland or Roseville by way of LA or San Bernardino. Any tips? Hopefully I will end up in Oakland, not Roseville, and be on the Coast Line and not the I-5 corridor.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  6. G_CAL

G_CAL Senior Member

WOW That clip was sick !
    When they got chased lol that was the funniest part ! ;D

7. scipl

scipl Member

Philosophy..

Honestly it looks really fun, and as long as their property isn't damaged in a way that cost them money to return to their likings then the crew etc. shouldn't have any trouble with hoppers..

Now, if you're caught painting on the side of the train then you'll probably get a fine and something
    may go on your record.. and since life is unpredictable for the most part I personally think it would
    SUCK to get a job I hate just to pay the feds money to paint over my own work; it's a stinking waste
    of life! I also think that getting something on your record could throw your unpredictable future into
    jeopardy, which would SUCK.. you never know how useful a clean record could be to you one
    day…

Speaking of dangerous, I'm sure as heck not putting myself onto a train where the conductor who's
    leading the thing down the tracks may be text-messaging and end up crashing the dang thing
    with you in it.. I mean, crazy crap can happen anywhere, people can crash into you with their cars..
    but.. using your free time to put your life in the hands of a conductor is most likely a risk that's not
    worth taking.. life is precious, so screw anything that may unnecessarily cause it to end early.. I'd
    rather find something else fun to do..

I love to travel, and hopping on a train is extra economical and cheap.. but when I sit down and
    count the risks involved, I'd rather just get a motorbike or go hiking.. …

on the real though, trains are bare and boring as heck looking, I think the train companies need to
    make an agreement to let us paint on their trains: paint pieces, characters, etc. .. people enjoy looking at a talented artists work and they need to get that through their thick skulls already.. a lot of spray painting on trains looks like dog-sh*t, but at the same time talented graff artists can bring some serious beauty to the eyes of beholders all across america..

scipl

8. junkbox

junkbox Senior Member

I know quite a few gutter-punk type kids who get around like this...

I knew a girl in Portland (OR) who lost her legs in an attempt to hop a freight, althought she'd done it many times before. Last I knew she hadn't done it since.

Another friend had friends who got trapped inside a boxcar for almost two weeks, came down to drinking urine and they'd already scrawled their SS digits on the wall should they be found dead.

Then again plenty of kids have had awesome times getting around like this, but you certainly have to absolutely not give a fuck. Not for the faint of heart.

9. skets

skets Senior Member

man are you homeless and i so how do you get onto the internet, do you also bomb because why else would you be on here?

10. junkbox

junkbox Senior Member

to me you are speaking?

I'm not homeless, although I have been (not too seriously to be honest, always my own choice involving being far from home, one time I writer friend eventually let me stay with him).

I'd usually go to the public library to access the internet. There's a lot of drop-in center 'day-shelter' type places in even average size cities, particularly for the youth, some have computers with the ol' internet.

As for why I'm here, I guess that remains to be seen, but I do paint, although not as often as I'd like anymore.

11. skets

skets Senior Member

no sorry I meant it to the guy that started this thread

12. junkbox

junkbox Senior Member

Oh, hmm... I see... I often don't go back to the original posts and/or first pages, just respond on the last page or two... A lot of the kids I know that hop freights though, they usually have if not an actual home (wherever parents or family may be at), at least kind of a home-base where they'll post up for the winter or whatever it may be... dn't know what this Big-el dudes case is though...

he mentioned Portland, the UP yards there, theres a park that overlooks them, Overlook Park actually, in a neighborhood called, strangely enough, Overlook... cool spot for anyone out that way