Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Caps Fit What? Thread.

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by bbbbbbbbbbbbb, Jun 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. -> DUMB ONE <-

-> DUMB ONE <- Elite Member

nigga i iz king! :D. and yes you do need help, help that none of us can give you.

2. indigo

indigo Senior Member

When I use NY fats on krylon I get a very, very wide clean line just for a fill, and no paint leaks up. I don't know what's wrong with your paint..... [/b][/quote]
    im not saying krylon itself...they make a special paint thats chrome and gold i used the chrome one like 3 times and whenever i use a ny fat on it it just leaks and slops

3. dageotb

dageotb Senior Member

hey dudes useing rust-o painters touch and krylons even montana silvers tend to spit up use the rust-o fat cap and then take the ny skinny and cut the opening of the valve and take out the blk nozzle piece and stick threw the nozzle opening with a very thin needle then place back the blk piece in to the nyc skiiny cap that ny skinny will become a fat cap for rust-o and krylons and then take a nyc skinny cap and sand it down with sand paper and you can use it for belton and the belton skinny cap's can be use on any type of can sometime sertain type of rust-o take the belton cap and stick a paper tack threw the stem and to the opening then cut the bottom of the belton cap as a upside down v and it really works

4. yuki

yuki Elite Member

I'd say the best thing to do is use rusto caps with rusto paint. Let me know how it turns out, cuz I've tried other caps on Painter's touch, and I've noticed a slight delay from the time you depress the cap and when the paint comes out. I like the colors, but personally I couoldn't get the accuracy I like, so I would probably only use painter's touch for backgrounds, or fills. I just dig Krlylon for cheap paint. It's not your 99 cent bullshit, and its quality is consistent. you can go to the craft store and get krylon in fairly diverse colors. I don't think I've had too many cap probs. with krylon, and if I'm not mistaken it may be a little cheaper than painter's touch cuz rusto is really proud of thier shit.

5. **MATEO**

**MATEO** Elite Member

i make the best of the cap thats already on the can :)

6. Vecktro

Vecktro Member

im pretty sure like all the caps work on the higher quality cans like mtn and shit. and most krylon. but those like home depot cans like quick color and shit wont work fer shit.

7. Sli

Sli Senior Member

lol saves u time and money

8. G-RAF

G-RAF Senior Member

wtf? ok im still a toy and i never bought montanas n caps n all.. but if u got caps and wanna try regular cans from like walmart,(i mean besides krys and rustos) why dotn you bring your caps wit you and jsu replace those in the can ans rtry it out in the store? lol my and my frined tried alteast 10 diff cans wit our own paper(see how the paint comes out n all that other aspects).. walmart workers never gave a fuck:S just stared past us.

9. shalf

shalf Senior Member

most caps fit most cans but then thers the odd few that r ther just to piss u off

10. anarchy

anarchy Elite Member

11. MILink

MILink Member

what products do you get good fat/skinny caps off of?

12. xDISMALx

xDISMALx Senior Member

rusto fats= elmers adhesive spray
    ny thins = some clear coats
    just go into a art store and take the caps off all the aerosol stuff you get some nice fats usually on some clear coats and adhesives and shit

13. def.

def. Senior Member

from my experiences with painters touch, i have found that the valve system is kind of shitty. i could be that the paint is really thick or that the valve system sucks, or the cap sucks. whenever i use german outline 2's on painters touch they clog up in a matter of minutes. after i clean them out, the time it takes for the can to start spraying and end spraying is delayed. also i have found that using new york fats, or german fats that can will start to leak paint, making for a messy situation if you are not paying attention.

this could just be my experiences but i don't know, i thought i should share.

EDIT: you could get needle caps off of wd-40 cans...sike.

14. MILink

MILink Member

15. sugarbomb

sugarbomb Senior Member

just rack caps off of anything and try it out. its free so why not experiment???

16. MILink

MILink Member

if you caps are all clogged up what can unclogg them. i have a bunch in paint thinner but i dont know if that will work.

17. sugarbomb

sugarbomb Senior Member

^^^ paint thinner works, but why not just buy caps online or rack from stores?? but anyway, yeah put paint thinner in a cup and just soak your caps in there for a few minutes, then just blow air through them.

18. MILink

MILink Member

ooooo a few minutes .......... they have been in there like a few hours got to go thanks
    ps. i did buy them online thats kinda way im trying to save as many as possible

19. sugarbomb

sugarbomb Senior Member

haha okay cool.... i hate the kids that bitch about buying caps. glad to help you out.

20. WIZDUM

WIZDUM Senior Member

or on rusto metallic silver it will clog quick and leak all the fuck over the place.