Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Does A Piece Book Mean To You?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by *SYNES*TMC!*, Feb 15, 2006.

Share This Page

1. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

eh i lost 4 out of 5 of my blackbook in the hurricane.

to me my blackbooks show where i been and who ive been with, it shows progresssion, my books always have massive amounts of other writers in it due to how much i travle, but like i said it shows the progression, it shows the style changing into what it is, it shows where you been, who've you kicked it with long enough for then to do a burn in your book cas you dont just walk up to a random writer and be liek yo hit my book, and them sit there and do full color buners and shit most will do a toss with some skript, it also so the progressions of my friends

2. Doc.P

Doc.P Member

black book, is a plan of everything i'm going to put up one day, to practise, to develop and progress my work, collect photo's and stickers from places that i visit, bits and pieces like that and ideas. not for showing off to anyone.

3. *SYNES*TMC!*

*SYNES*TMC!* Senior Member

Man you gesus you should see my boys blackbook (well its his roommates) anyhow his roommate use to live in FL and he DJ's and he has this blackbook and this bbook has been through every writers hands you can think off,I mean off the head from what I remember it had Blade,SeenUA,Reas,Espo,DondiCIA,Mare,Just about every writer from AWR and MSK I mean it had everyone in that bitch!He lives in Tokyo now but when he lived in FL he wrote for Movement magazine and did the hip hop section.Man I swear that bbook was the fuckin holy grail of graff :lol:

4. settybomb

settybomb Elite Member

Thats fucking sick.
    Have dondis shit in my bbook.
    I only have like, 2 other writers who have signed mine.
    But yeah i find sanity in my blackbook. I bring it to school and just do light sketches of outlines or just brainstorm or draw charecters. and ive had it for about 5 months, so i stapled everyhting i could find onto some paper and taped it into the front before that.
    I love blackbooks.

5. Slaze

Slaze Senior Member

ya as of now, my blackbook is my peice book, i cary it with me all around, i hate keeping track of stuff. mabe when i get of my ass and get my licence i will get a peice book cuz then i can actuly get out more.

untill then i guess blackbooks and peicebooks can be one book or 2, sketches and ideas and blueprints for a peice.

6. *SYNES*TMC!*

Yea beleive it or not I offered the guy over 500 bucks for the book because I wanted it more then anything but he said no which I cant blame him because I wouldent sell it either.But honestly this book is something that gives you this weird feeling inside when you flip through it :lol: because if you love graff as much as I do and you know alot about the writers that are in that book you know that its something as special as the fuckin mona lisa (which doesent compare to that book in my opinion lol)

7. >skea<

>skea< Senior Member

sounds like a fukin nice book..

yeah um i freestyle my shit cuz i find its true that its harder to like take it directly from a paper... but wtv it cums out kool anyways

8. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

Gesus, we've traded sticks before right? You still have any of my shit?

9. jape-the-nape

jape-the-nape Elite Member

i use my blackbook just to make nice looking sketches,not for like "blueprints" for a wall peice,i just freestyle whatever i do on a wall or recreat a old sketch from memory,i become a bomber now so my blackbookes are jsut full of quickly done hollow throwups to practice,ive never once taken my book out while painting

10. *SYNES*TMC!*

I dont know but maybe its because of all the trees and psilosybe but I cant remember how to paint a nice piece without my bbook I can do something decent but it never turns out to my perfection so I always have to take a paper outline with me.Sometimes I take my piecebook but only when I know its a spot where I wont get caught and have to run but most of the time I take a outline on paper.

11. Nosypainter

Nosypainter Elite Member

My book is a life line, I dunno i keep it with me allmost everywhere I go. I have other writers in it to. See I am a pack rat though ill keep all of it till im old...

12. JETc17

JETc17 Elite Member

its where i put sketches, stickers, and basicly anything thats worth saving for the future

:)

13. Nosypainter

Nosypainter Elite Member

yeah i hear you, ive stuck some stickers i just couldnt part with, my new book is about half way filled... So i add ot it allmost every day

14. Lester Berns

Lester Berns Senior Member

Having a proper piece-book is very unimportant to me... in fact, the last
    "blackbook" that I put effort into hooking up was in 1996. I have very little interest in
    spending hours perfecting a colorful sketch, because to me the sketch is just the preview for the
    movie... if you never paint, then the sketch is the end of the line, but if you paint regularly,
    the piece is the main event , not the sketch. Most of my ideas that I bring to a wall are just fragments of an idea, sketched on a napkin or place mat from a restaurant that I hit while waiting for food... One letter, a hook, something to go off of, and then go with what you feel at the wall...
    now canvases... thats another story.......

15. Nosypainter

Nosypainter Elite Member

my book was a gift from a friend of mine, somtimes i do really awesome sketchs that take me awaile but i usally paint, i dunno its kind of like my own little thing... I agree though somtimes i spend to much damn time on it lol

16. The OnE aND OnLY NeS

The OnE aND OnLY NeS Senior Member

i use my piece book for both...but it fuckin sucks when u take it to skool and the fuckin bitch ass pricipal givs it to the pigz!

17. Nosypainter

Nosypainter Elite Member

im out of school but never ever take it with you where it can get taken away

18. NICCSACC

NICCSACC Banned

it was easier to go freehand with no blueprint for me personally when i was going to the yards in east chicago and hammond (lotsa train stations... the freight kind :))
    i guess its a matter of opinion on weather to take a blueprint or something like that.

19. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

for me it's things I hope to paint in the near future, but most of the stuff I sketch I can't paint cause it's too difficult...but yeah, I would like to think my sketches will be on a wall someday.

20. KnowOne

KnowOne Member

ya same sumoe it's where i keep all my ideas,pictures i like,stickers as most people have said. I also bring it everywhere its like a part of me i dont care if people dont like what they see its my thoughts,feels, and ideas.