Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Makes A Writer Good?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sibil juggalo, Jul 20, 2005.

Share This Page

1. bobo9827

bobo9827 Elite Member

bump.

2. <SMK>

<SMK> Senior Member

I think what makes u a good writer is experience, experience, experience, i mean come on Practice makes perfect, and if you can look at your shit and honestly say their is nothing u would change, thats when u can go no further with the style u have...its perfect <_<

3. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

bump. [/b][/quote]
    ye msfyt knows what up. i hate writers cuz every writer has an ego, nobody checks themselves.

4. <SMK>

<SMK> Senior Member

ye msfyt knows what up. i hate writers cuz every writer has an ego, nobody checks themselves. [/b][/quote]
    WORD!

5. sibil juggalo

sibil juggalo Senior Member

Im gunna answer my own question.
    I think its practice honestly because if you write for 30 years but never practice the expierence doesnt make you good.Hah and the bad ego helps because alot of people are so full of themselves that they think they are too good to improve.

6. anon df-mb

anon df-mb Member

yea i agree letters,colors and can control plays alot,but its also the writers ambition and heart he has for the craft.and ego really fuks you up too.

"anonSR"
    "DF_MB"

myspace/anons_dfc

7. <~ReSiN~>

<~ReSiN~> Senior Member

8. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

you can have lotsa experience,but you also need motive........if your one of the writers who practices,but does it for all the wrong reasons or feel like you dont want to get better but practice like everyday.............u wont b gettin anywhere netime soon

9. Kao.Ali

Kao.Ali Senior Member

a dope tag. and dedicaiton.
    and I dont really see anything wrong with a little ego either.

10. ticonderoga

ticonderoga Member

there is alot of good stuff on here about a good writer but one thing not really mentioned is try to keep ur shit on the dl man shit gets around people overhear i mean it can really ruin something great just keep it to yourself and the ones you know wont say shit

11. anon df-mb

anon df-mb Member

yea keepin it on the low is hard to do if your up.if people know you then they'll start talkin,like you see that tag that that one guy...you really cant stay low anymore.

12. ekin

ekin Senior Member

good writers need to have good style catch good spots and u have to be creative

13. cant.die.alive

cant.die.alive Banned

what a useless thread. style, balls, ups

14. Phlame

Phlame Member

lol... <-- new guy being a post whore today...

interesting question actually because the question kind of answers itself but still interesting to think/read/talk about... its all relative, its all a matter of taste.

Just to give an example, one of my crew-mates thinks every piece I'm proudest of as my worst work, so its such a matter of taste that it go can go completely different ways. I'm a little surprised when I hear people liking silver/chrome better than colors and throw ups more than pieces... but you got those...

Personally what hits me is the dynamics of the structure of letters, the more alive you can create them, and especially natural elements warped in somehow... I have all these little things that get my attention. The feeling a piece gives you... for instance old school graff... there is something so unique about that feeling it seems like they've managed to capture the feeling of being pioneering hip hop in the 70's... so there's alot of old scool graff which can impress me more than something high tech hardocre wildstyle...

I LOVE the illegal element... I'm always alot more fascinated if somethings done at an illegal spot that concentrated to one legal wall...

And by boiling all this down, Style! I dont know how many people say its about style because "thats the thing to say", but I definately mean it... style... its all about style... and being able to recognize a writre even thow 2 pieces are almost completely different in style and everything, there is still that touch which a write can never escape which is just HIS/HER style... just that thing makes it cool...
    ..and toys dont have that actually... toys just havent developed it... themselves in artform... etc...

15. Lucas

Lucas Senior Member

A good writer is someone who can invision something and put it out there without mistakes. Also someone with can control, style, gets good spots, knows what colors work together, and have dedication.

16. doser.six

doser.six Member

a good writer is someone who will just put 110% effort into graff for what ever reason they are in it for

17. hasemler

hasemler Senior Member

somebody people, let alone writers will remember, far after their work is buffed.

50% originality
    40% conecept
    10% Respect
    5% effort

Obviously The last ones a metaphor, for pushing beyond pre-concieved limits. pocket philosophy from ours truly.

18. Tony

Tony Elite Member

having their own montana color and running a successful blog

19. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

hahahahahahah^^^^

a 12oz and bombingscience account

20. GuyGuyer of Guyland

GuyGuyer of Guyland Senior Member

Having heart, patience and endurance. Being respectful helps, but dosent necessarily make you any better or worse of a writer.. just as a person.