Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Respirator Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by element503, Oct 23, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Hask420

Hask420 Senior Member

im gonna buy the random 3m shitty one from ACE hardware=)

2. TTO.TC

TTO.TC Senior Member

anyone in toronto kno where to get a good respirator? and whats a good price for one i have no idea!:(

3. toon_dragon

toon_dragon Senior Member

im not even close to toronto, but i do know pretty much any hardware store will have them...if you rack there you go. mine's pretty kool, ill have pics of it later.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  4. Spark391

Spark391 Senior Member

Sorry for bumping that old thread but..

are there any heads in here who know something about respirators? Like what filters and shit should it have? .. I need a one working in inside rooms, outside it wouldn't really matter that much, but I don't want to fuck myself up. And lol, please don't suggest me using those $1 dustmasks or bandanas, they are even more harmful then useful, just shittier for your to breath, don't help at all.. maybe less paint dust inside your mouth.

5. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

6. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

theres not a huge differnce in the mask itself most of the difference is in the filters you put in. as long you get one of those with the two filters on each side then your good. it blocks enough of the fumes for you to not get sick or anything.

7. archiefats

archiefats Member

I thought I might chime in here. I did not read the whole thread but I wanted to settle some confusion. there is something called an MSDS material safety data sheet for each product. There is usually a code on it for suitable respirators that comply to the standard. For example if your using ironlak, see link:

http://www.ironlak.com/msds/Ironlak_MSDS_Jan2012.pdf

if you scroll down you will see under section 8 "exposure Controls and Personal Protection" they have "Respiratory equipment:
    AS/NZS 1715" the AS/NZS 1715 is the standard. If your looking for 3m products that work, call them and make sure you get the right ones that comply with those standards. Having the wrong ones can be more harmful than none at all when paint gets trapped inside. Hope that helps you guys out. There is a MSDS with these guidlines for just about every product out there, just look on the manufacturers website. It might be cool to hit it raw, but your better off wearing a jimmy...no point in getting fucked up over paint fumes. If your planning on buying one, wtf is $40 bucks anyways !

Alright, enough do-gooding. I spoke my piece.

8. WriteToEscape

WriteToEscape New Member

do you need to use a resp when outdoors in the open or just when your in a confined area?

9. toop

toop Senior Member

i would recommend use of one for indoor stuff as its more important but i dont use them at all, ive done 6 years of indoor and outdoor painting and havent showed signs of issues from the paint

10. QUEEZ

QUEEZ Senior Member

do they really have them at walgreens and how much for a good one with the filters and shit

11. thedude234

thedude234 New Member

Dont Believe anyone that Dome masks or bandanas will work. They dont! Go buy a good half face respirator with the proper filter. make Sure it says It filters organic Fumes . It may be expensive but its your life and youll need to change the filters every month