Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What to do the first time out.

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by thephillafromma, Feb 18, 2009.

Share This Page

1. ZTooPiiD

ZTooPiiD Member

hell yeah,, ppl talk about the shakiness nd everything.. but i didnt feel it mi first time or 2nd or 3rd...

2. AnoniMus

AnoniMus Member

Err i went out for the first time in ages last night. Got about 4 cans and went out. Came back from town with my paint and walkiing home came across and old warehouse. So i went in to take a look and walked straight into a graffiti pit. Where all the big cats from my area had been painting and battling. It was really good to go round. And almost immedaitly you could work out a kind of terroterial feel. On the north side FMC (freemindscrew) and on the south GTI (unknown) And on the east and west were just cats that rolled alone. I so an open piece of wall and immedailty got my cans out laid on some OK simp and did the same on the other side trying to avoid big cats and crews. Did my bit made a mark on the pieces i likes (RST-respect) and got off did some small tags with my OTR and went down my end. Found a council trailer and bombed it. My friends saw it today going past sed it was sick...so im happy haha

3. Fury

Fury Elite Member

I went out last night and saw that one of my tags got buffed over. I was about to put it back up when out of the corner of my eye, I see a guy wearing all black walking towards me. I almost shat bricks because he snuck up on me. I biked home and could've hit a few more spots, but I felt real sketchy about it.

4. proNYNJA

proNYNJA Senior Member

yea im going to probley be going out for the first time on friday, ive been tagging but i havent gone out yet to do a bomb or something. so whut are some tips that wont get me cuaght by the cops? and its gunna be past my cities curfew so what can i do to minimize being seen by the cops at all?
    i already know imma be shakey and lookin for people everytime i walk 5 steps so what can i do to calm myself down too?

5. dethy

dethy Member

Man when i first when out i wasnt shakey i wasnt even scared. I just picked up 2 mtns and went all around and bombing but i got shakey when the police first started to searching me. After that i am little more careful.

6. ..LAZRS...

..LAZRS... Senior Member

Look man, take a piece of wood and practice painting on it over and over until your fast and get some kind of style.

technique isnt as important as style man, so fuck gettin taught "the basics" or whatever the fuck people say, do what u do man and the can control and the little here and there knowledge will come.

dont bite shit, and go for quantity at first no quality, dont cap other writers unless u can burn em, learn ur history, and wear a respirator when ur piecing

7. BigBlueViolence

BigBlueViolence Elite Member

Haha, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
    Quality is always more important that quantity.
    Wearing a respirator is only necessary when you are inside.
    Technique IS as important as style,
    and learning the basics is important.

8. ..LAZRS...

..LAZRS... Senior Member

I'm not gonna talk shit on you cus I dont know you but,

You've obviously never pieced my friend. It doesnt matter if your inside or not, when your around paint that long it will get into your body. It has different effects on some people, some people it fucks up their memory or whatnot, I even read about this guy who it fuckedup his hormones that control his bladder and he started wettin his bed. granted all that was after years and years of painting, but might as well start being safe now.

By the basics, I mean having someone show you how to do everything. Thats not always best cus you will be more inclined to gank style off someone if you learn everything from them.

Style is more important because style is what identifies YOU over everyone else, its why we write, nothing could be more important in writing than style. Except maybe history.

Quantity at first so people know who you are, and if he practices the hard shit on the piece of wood like I said, he wont look like an idiot when he goes out and does shit and needs it done fast. "you have to do throw-ups, do tags, do everything and hit everything to the point where everyone's like, 'My God, Serg is everywhere.'"

From your 1200+ posts you obviously spend more time on the internet than the street, but that could be all speculation. Im not attacking your views or anything homie but you dont seem to know what your talking about.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  9. downunder

downunder Senior Member

Would rather see a guy do a heap of straight letters all over the city more than one detailed piece in a day spot... but hey that's just me!

10. BigBlueViolence

I've made 1200 posts in 3 years, that's like 2 posts a day.

I'd rather people see a few of my decent pieces than a ton of my shit,
    that's how you lose credibility.

and I've painted enough to know that using a respirator outside is extremely unnecessary.

11. ..LAZRS...

..LAZRS... Senior Member

Doesnt look like cope2 lost any credibility

12. BigBlueViolence

cope 2 has quality and quantity.

13. ..LAZRS...

..LAZRS... Senior Member

Perhaps you misunderstand my idea of quality.

I was simply saying dont try to go out trying to burn the walls down

14. BigBlueViolence

Well quality in my opinion is treating everything you paint like it's never going to get buffed.

I'm just saying, don't go telling some fucking kid that makes letter out of arrows not to worry about quality.

He will take it the wrong way.

15. JasK

JasK Senior Member

Lol I've been out a couple times now.
    I have a pretty dank practice spot.
    I'm not shaky at my practice spot, even though I do throws in it right next to the soccer field, lol, once I had a guy there playing golf.
    Small town, lol, I'm going to take the bus to NYC when I get a bit older.

16. Sieda

Sieda Member

Does putting a rag/bandana round you face help alot with the fumes??

17. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Senior Member

It doesnt help at all

18. Sieda

Sieda Member

Suppose ill have to get a maskby the time i go out.

19. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Senior Member

Not always, its hard for it to get so concentrated that itl affect you later if your outside.

20. Sieda

Sieda Member

Bandana it is then , as it Gangsta and all