Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What's The Best Drawing Advice You Evr Got?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Idealeyez, Apr 9, 2005.

Share This Page

1. OveRDoSeD

OveRDoSeD Elite Member

scwibble scwibble!

2. Nasty_One

Nasty_One Senior Member

"DONT EVER STOP" my highschool art teacher/mentor

3. CHEN[Ken]

CHEN[Ken] Senior Member

Keep drawin dont go out 2 paint right away

4. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

first off, i'd like to point out that your signature of that pokemon bone...something, is sweet.
    second, they weren't called the 4 elements for nothing, if they weren't related! i'm still trying to work out my basics for breaking. Ive tried jumping ahead but without the base block. I didn't get far. Balance, flow, adaptation, rhythm, dilligence...breaking, graffiti, dj, mc....All need these. I've left out many others but these 4 where MY base structures in revolutionizing my style, my performance.

PS:i couldn't have recieved more sound advice.

lastly: The best, ahead of you, drawing advice i got is from my best friend, mentor and soul mate

"show people/do what you love, stomp anyone who gets in your way, and never forget, you're the only one that matters at the end of the day"= sirus

5. ''SCC''

''SCC'' Senior Member

Be Cool stay in school
    and
    never whear a condom

6. UPinATem

UPinATem New Member

Dont listen to peole who talk shit and call you a fucking toy all the time. Stay humble and keep writin. Also dont let beef ruin the art because it takes all the fun out of it(unless u like to start shit 4 no good reason). Dont let lack of money keep u from writin. Rich or poor can still be a king.

7. smartSOFT

smartSOFT Senior Member

i understand this is a forum and it is here for discussion...but pieces of this discussion have come up on this forum hundreds of times.

go read in the toy thread. use the search tool. you want some advice? dont post generic ass questions and expect answers...post a very specific question and you will get some worthy feedback

"what should i do to get better" isnt a good question. how do we know what you are bad at? for all we know you suck balls. you want advice...goto the toy section, post your work, and get some feedback. you gotta start somewhere so start there. go look through old threads and look up shit...read them...learn from other peoples posts. you will see the same advice over and over in other threads. READ THROUGH THE OLD THREADS. alot of the good writers on this board used to give alot of advice. check out the old threads (early pages of the toy story thread and what not). they answer alot of questions you are looking for. people flame u for asking something that has been asked a gazzilion times. you just need to look around a little. the best advice is keep it simple and copy letters you see around on buildings, in advertisements and what not.

im dead serious. dont worry about your post count...makes you look silly.

you may consider all this shit i just said harsh but its advice. you already have people flaming you and calling you a tool. im just tellin you now that if you keep making generic threads like this people are gonna flame you. nothing is easy and if it was...everyone would do it. use the forum to research and find answers

it will save alot of name calling :D

8. smartSOFT

smartSOFT Senior Member

9. ChRoMa 11820

ChRoMa 11820 Senior Member

when u get a god given talent such as naturally being good at art you should pursue it cause not many ppl can do the same things u do

10. ChRoMa 11820

i just read this whole thing and i wrote down the part about C-R-A-P

its like that episode of spongebob with the P-O-O-P

sry i thought that was funny

11. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

Dude why cant you just respect the things other people write?? maybe its crap to you but it isnt to me. This guy has put allot of energy in writing that thing and you cant even show a little bit of respect. If you dont like it why dont you just shut up?

12. ChRoMa 11820

i read the whole thing and got a lot from it
    whats your problem
    notice i said that i wrote down the part about crap well ive been thinkin about that and it helps
    sry if yous thnk i said something offensive

13. trance

trance Guest

i can say something offensive. wanna hear?

"something offensive"

14. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

Well sorry dude than i'm wrong i thought you had some negativ meanings with it. But i'm wrong. So i appologise

15. ChRoMa 11820

its cool man i didnt actually mean to sound like i was flippin on you
    but yeah i got a lot outta that and i probably woulda said somethin if someone else was makin fun of that post too cause it meant a lot
    so i dont blame u
    my bad
    any body else got real good advice??
    dont be afraid to post it even if its like 5 paragraphs long hehe

16. Mammal--->[FACE CREW]

Mammal--->[FACE CREW] Member

One of my homies was tagging years before i started and i asked him what i should know and he told me three things:

1. Study other people's tags and learn tons of new styles and practice them, blend what you see and like to make your own style.

2. Everyone started off more or less shitty taggers so dont be discouraged, learn from mistakes

3. If the pigs show, run.

17. OctBth

OctBth Member

My 2 cents:
    Draw when you feel like drawing. If youre not having fun and keep doing it anyway, then it becomes work and work is no good.

18. -GEKS-

-GEKS- Elite Member

yeah^, if ur not havin fun, then drawin is gonna feel like a chore. u can draw as long as u want as long as ur havin fun if u ask me.

19. ''SCC''

''SCC'' Senior Member

smoke weed and dont sit to close to the tv....

20. war terror

war terror Senior Member

and....

draw what you see.. not what you think you see, but still think what you draw....

thats fucking confusing.... :p