Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

wheat pasting

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by ACE512, May 3, 2004.

Share This Page

1. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

i dont respect things that are done digitally like if its copied from a scanner or printers what ever. do a bunch of them but do them hand drawn.

2. CHILLEN905

CHILLEN905 Elite Member

ya i said thad too but when u hand draw them sometimes the weat paste draws out the color after a while .it sucks

3. dcite

dcite Elite Member

poster bombing?

4. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

:) butcher paper is good for porster hittin', and they come in huge rolls so u can make em any size u want.

5. ares

ares Elite Member

Your best off making your own wheatpaste. I've used a few store bought aerosol adheasives, and they all suck.

6. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

I didn't want to start a new thread, but this one seemed relevent

There's a spray-on solvent out there that creates a thin coat over the posters to prevent non-water-resistant inks from running. As anyone heard of this? What's it called? From where can I rack it?

7. ares

ares Elite Member

Me and the old man were discussing that just yesterday. Hey went rambling on about throwing a layer of varnish on top of the poster.

8. jurass finish first

jurass finish first Elite Member

i've seen spray on cans of glue at walmart and michaels, plus glue markers. but im thinkin a can of clearcoat over top would do the trick too. . .

9. dust

dust Member

yea...art store comes in an aerosol can its just called sealant or clearcoat

weatpaste:

2 parts boiling water
    1 part flour
    * table spoon or two of sugar

crushed up glass when mixed with weatpaste makes it verry difficult for people to remove the poster...however its expensive and should NOT be used in public places where little kids can grate off their skin on your posters...ok children? im talking to you! plus its just expensive to get glass and crush it up so dont fuck with this unless you knwo waht ur doing...smashing glass can cut you so dont fuck around... just a warning

i hear podgey or pogy...whatever the fuck its called its strong and it sticks shit well...comes in powder form adn u mix it with water

10. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

glass is cheap man just walk upto a bus window throw a giant rock pick up some pieces put it into a ice cream bucket or something and walk home.

11. Tony

Tony Elite Member

clear beer bottles?

ive got hundreds of those laying around.

personaly i like to spray my posters with a clear coat of spray paint. it keeps them from fadeing and makes them a little more durable.

12. Lotus

Lotus Member

Esned, you're such a dumbfuck. how old are you? how many pieces have you done?

btw wheat pasting is Gods gift to graffiti. you can do it in public, and noone seems to care. it's true. that, and it's not typically seen as Graff, so no one'll buff it for a long time in most cases. I'm addicted.

13. 4CE(FORCE)

4CE(FORCE) Member

MAN. IMMA TRY THIS SHIT

14. spraycanstories

spraycanstories Member

retard in bumfights the "I LOVE SLUTS"part isnt wheatpasting hes covering up and O to make it a U

15. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

4ce(force), the actual quote for your sig is "PUT ME THROUGH TO THE PENTAGON"

16. bruce

bruce Elite Member

thats just stupid. digital shit can rock. it depends whose doing. just because somethings done by hand dont make it anymore authentic or fresh.

do what you do, however you want it done. just make sure its quality.

17. MyTagsASpanishWord

MyTagsASpanishWord Senior Member

what type of paper you use for wheat pasting? just regular printing paper? or can you use like oaktag

18. slimecitymob

slimecitymob Member

it doesnt matter what you use as long as the inks stays and doesnt bleed everywhere

19. aCId II nz

aCId II nz Elite Member

has anyone tried using watered down pva glue cos it takes alota water to get that shit of.and exactly how thick or thin shud the paste be?
    aCId II
    peace

20. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

seriously?