Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

wheat pasting

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by ACE512, May 3, 2004.

Share This Page

1. JeffEdgeCamoPants

JeffEdgeCamoPants Member

You could always just go buy a $3.50 brick of it from the local store (or steal it wahtever ur preference)

i like golden harvest with technabond

2. \(SIN)/

\(SIN)/ Elite Member

JeffEdgeCamoPants, you do realize your replying to a post little over a year old? :lol:

3. Tanner

Tanner Senior Member

4. To.The.Beat

To.The.Beat Senior Member

Cool! :lol:

5. Klone

Klone Senior Member

to me, the paper that works best is them newspaper type material...my art class has a shit load..and i just take some and screen print them and cure them in the oven..that ink will not come the fuck off..its the same ink people use for shirts..plastisol....but it works great cause u practically got to pick at it and nearly tear tha paper if u want it to come out..but, shit, newspaper sticks alotta better and when u add acryllic paint right over it, that shit will last. but foreal, anything works..it dun really matter what the paper is, you just dont want ya image to smear or go away or what not.

6. faime

faime Senior Member

yeah news print paper tha other shit bleeds through

7. Spoke One

Spoke One New Member

Dont feed the toys.....

8. cowboyoop

cowboyoop Member

me and my friend climbed up on top of a near buy walmart yesterday and put up a nine page width poster. it was the coolest thing. just being up there it was cool. if you live in pennsylvania check ur walmarts

9. Walters

Walters Senior Member

how do you get suck a big pic im used to to doing throwies and shit and i tried a wheatpast and i couldent figure out how to get the pic on it cuzz marker is wass to much workr any one know? how to get the pic on the paper?

10. coke831

coke831 Senior Member

umm. u can print a picture on paper.. liike from a computer.

11. dirtbiXe

dirtbiXe Member

cant u just use glue or somthing stky instead of flour and water?

12. C-money fresh!

C-money fresh! Elite Member

13. bobo9827

bobo9827 Elite Member

nice noobish question

14. Snakey

Snakey Member

K. I think I'm gonna try this. So does anybody know, for sure, if pasting over your poster is safe? Like is it clear enough?

And if I leave the wheatpaste in a water bottle for a while, will it like get hard or fuck up or something?

15. MecsOne

MecsOne New Member

only experience will tell, bro.
    dont put ur paste too thick over the poster, and dont put too much on the wall or it may not dry as fast as you'd hope, and your poster could slide down.

instead of asking questions, go out and BOMB.

experience is the answer to everything.

16. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

There's a better thread for wheatepasting then this one. "Wheatpasting and posters is better and it was already on the first page. I don't know why this one had to get dragged out.

You absolutely want to go over the top of your poster with paste. That seals it in. Chances are slim your poster is gonna "slide down" from any surface no matter how much paste you slop on, if you save paste, it needs to be refridgerated, yes, I suppose you could use something other than water and flour, but why the hell would you want to... If you're looking for something cheaper to mass produce, you can forget about it, and if somebody posts some shit they put up with Elmers glue, I'll cry and never return to this gay thread...

Did I miss any questions? :huh:

17. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

*class replies

"No Mr.Cezr"

18. <SMK>

<SMK> Senior Member

Thank God for you bro all these toys were asking sum toy ass questions....

Recipe for some bomb ass paste Coutesy of Q BOMB...Once again

Ingredients
    1 cup of wheat flour
    1/2 cup of rice flour
    3 teaspoons of cornstarch
    2 cups of water

Combine wheat flour, rice flour, and water in a pot on the stove on low heat. The mixture should be very watery. Stir the mixture constantly with a wire wisk, perferably a wire wisk, until the paste begins to thicken just a tiny bit. This may take about ten min. Take the pot off the heat when you start to feel the mixture thickening. In a jar with a lid, combine three teaspoons of corn starch with a half a cup of water. Tighten the lid and shake the mixture until there are no lumps of cornstarch visible. Add the cornstarch mixture to the flour mixture and stir for another 2 minutes and BAM! you got some home made super glue....Make sure you stir constantly!!!! :ph34r: Oh ya and put your paste in an air tight container trust me it helps

19. fnt

fnt Senior Member

man you guys read a little bit before posting, you could use glue, but it would be very expensive, and wheat paste is cheap, easy to make, and well suited for posters.

if you are going to print something from a computer, it's best to use a laser printer, or copy it at a copy place. Inkjet ink will fade really quickly because of the sun, as well as smear with wetness(like when you're pasting it up, or when it rains on it) If you must use inkjet, mist it a few times with clear coat, I say mist because otherwise it will smear.

You shouldn't be worried about your marker bleeding, it doesn't matter, just put something underneath, if you're saying your lines bleed and aren't sharp, you could try a different marker just for the lines, maybe a smaller one, or just a different permanent ink marker, you can also move more quickly, think about it sort of like spray paint and drips, this can be hard to do sometimes, so you might draw it in pencil, then once you like it, quickly go over it. I think the best way to get over bleeding is to use a paint marker.

Has anyone here used spray adheasive with good results? I've used Super 77 before, not for posters, it's strong but it didn't seem strong enough, neither are craft sprays. 3m also makes 80 and 90 adheasives, the 90 is the strongest they make. Unfortunately 77, 80, and 90 are pretty expensive, they also make an economy industrial spray which is probably cheaper, but I can't find it. Molotow and Montana make spray adheasives, Montana's is pretty cheap, but I've never seen a price for Molotow's. The benefits are pretty obvious, smaller, faster, easier, cleaner. I've also wanted to try using an agricultural sprayer, spray bottle, and paint sprayer( it has a replacable can of propellant, and a jar for whatever you're spraying).

20. CFC-GRAFF

CFC-GRAFF Senior Member