Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpaste

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by C-money fresh!, Sep 2, 2007.

Share This Page

1. fredom-writer

fredom-writer Senior Member

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3454_3207620824_b4730dcda6.jpg_a4f0a23c50a330cf1bf56cae6c33a893.png
    haha dude i got one of these, i thought it was snoopy with a black hat on... now it makes sence..

2. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

3. TESTER

TESTER Senior Member

find the place that prints your local newspaper.... you'll have one just call your newspaper and ask for the place they print it and then go there and ask for the end roll and you'll get way more then you'll ever need....

4. SPAZTiC

SPAZTiC Senior Member

all the images H3TT1NG3R posted arent workin :(

5. dior

dior Senior Member

6. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea they arent workin anymore, i deleted my flickr for protective reasons. if you wanna see some ill shit look back a maybe 5 pages to cezrs bump of ish

7. joker954

joker954 Elite Member

is that the ink frankenstine?

8. dior

dior Senior Member

yes thats the think frankenstine thats what i write now and theres the needle trees and the african rebel with the ak47

9. -DT-

-DT- New Member

Rough Sketches of character . Pasted on Practice graff board in backyard
    ai42.tinypic.com_2dsfew0.jpg

im wanna start getting this copied and putting it up
    ai44.tinypic.com_30256vs.jpg

10. what4joke...

what4joke... Senior Member

11. Cesk

Cesk Banned

You can go to staples and get some paper that they have in the back back back section where they sell stuff like bristol boards and stuff. They should have a big ass thing of paper thats a tad bit thinner than printing paper.

12. THAT BOY DOWN THE BLOCK

THAT BOY DOWN THE BLOCK Senior Member

how exactly do u wheatpaste. i see OBEY doin that shit and he be doin it in the wierdest places. does it take time like a piece or is it quick and easy like a throwie?

13. Cesk

Cesk Banned

Well basically it's just a simple way of putting up a poster that you can elaborate with markers, paint, printing etc etc.

It's like doing a throwie, if I may, i'd say it's a lot faster.

You just get your glue on your poster first or if you wanna waste glue put glue on the wall first and just paste it to the surface and give it another layer of glue and yeah you're gone.

Pretty easy shit, if you wanna get more into it PM me and I'll help you.

14. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea it all depends pon size. for me a human size psoter takes about 2 minutes or so.

btw cesk, any word on them markers yet :}}}}}

15. Cesk

Cesk Banned

The markers are in the store, I just messaged the manager and theres still 10 empty ones. But since I haven't needed supplies I haven't gone to the store.

I've just been doing the calls and everything for em. But I might go this weekend to pick up my paycheck and quit. :) Fuck it, I'm not that much into tagging and shiz so yeah.

But before I leave the store I'll get some for you.

-

On subject, I just recently did the overhead projection deal for an expo and I highly recommend you people do it.

It's easy as fuck. And cheap....

16. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

thanks bro, then i can pay or trade or w.e., pm me if ya can get um! :D
    and what do you mean expo?

17. Cesk

Cesk Banned

Street art expo, like we rented out a big abandoned factory kind of place and asked people to come in paint and paste everything they wanted (after we saw and gave aproval and everything)

and then yeah a couple of days after the paint and paste we presented the work :D

Pics are on my fotolog if you wanna see:
    http://www.fotolog.com/rawrone

18. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

19. alt

alt Member

haven't been here in a while. seems pretty dead. i'm working on a couple posters, i'll post them here when theyre up. expo sounds sick.

edit: by the way, what's the point of boiling paste? it turns out a little like soft jello, more like gelatin than actual fluid, if u know what i mean.

Basic954 i would just go to the local newspaper. ask for end rolls, leftover from printing. it's just like butcher paper. for about $3-6 you'll have all the paper you'll ever need. you're killing less trees too, if you're into that sort of thing.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  20. Siner

Siner Senior Member

Does anyone have experience using airbrusing stencils onto paper and then wheatepasting it, cause I was thinking about doing it, but I just don't know how well airbrush paint would hold up outside.