Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wikileaks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newz12, Dec 4, 2010.

Share This Page

1. ovoid709

ovoid709 Member

The wikileaks debate is something that probably doesn't hold much interest with the average BS member, but your kids will care about it in 20 years. One thing, however, that may appeal to members of this site is the DDOS war being waged right now by Anonymous. I encourage all members to join the fight. get the Hivemind LOIC program and donate some bandwidth to the cause. In a few clicks you can help bomb the living shit out of assholes' websites and really contribute to something that will change the world we live in. If people pick up arms, this war will be more important than the physical wars that spawned this one. This is the war that will be remembered for a thousand years as the first true global revolution.
    We are one, we are many, we do not forget, we are Anonymous.

2. cpyrte

cpyrte Member

Good point, what alot of people don't know (it was highly overlooked during the Summer) was that the Senate approved a plan to create a "kill switch" for the internet. The power would be given to whatever president is in office and they would then have the power to shut the entire internet down in the United States. If whatever is in this wiki insurance documents get released, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they used the kill switch in order to do damage control.

3. OPAK AK

OPAK AK Member

Dude, the reason this is SOO REDICULOUS,
    is because whats considered CLASSIFIED is retarded. A LOT of general knoledge, and A LOT of little things that are so obselete.
    So much money is spend every year on keep these documents classified, bu you have to wonder some times,
    for most of it, WHY? i mean some thing like info on the shit going on in the middle east is important info we should know
    but other things are dumb, or more just kinda funny, like; remars leaders have made about eachother and shit.

also no info put out by wikileaks has ever hurt anybody. when the government tells you lives are at risk its bullshit.

i could go on, but it frustrates me. BUT
    FUCKING HILARIOUS, did you know??

legit: the CIA recently created a new sector;
    the Wikileaks Task Force, to deal with this whole problem.
    abbreviated,
    WTF

yeah, WTF is what i thought/
    youd think a unit working SPECIFICALLY on the internet, would think of that

4. BlesrOne

BlesrOne Member

even with wikileaks the general public is so ignorant and people are to dumbed down to realize how they live in the illusion that they are free. there wont b a revolution people will just sit back relax and be in a daze by the media stream... fuck the world

5. my.favorite.addiction

my.favorite.addiction Banned

I think that the scariest shit - and reason our government has played a more direct and immediate hand in stopping WL is the fact that the majority of Americans either dont care,or dont have the drive to educate themselves.
    Capitalism and all this other bullshit,this fucking clutter,is enough to keep many MANY people so preoccupied that they dont look for readily available and important information. shit is sad. Theyre more concerned with theyre clothes,with trends,with plastic surgery,big tits,fucking the hottest chick in school/work/their social circle,how theyre teeth look,the 20% off tees at the gap. Even in schools its RARELY if ever pushed to truely educate yourself about the world you live in. The number 1 idea behind most peoples educations is landing a successful career. which sure thats important but I think that people who are concerned with the effects of shit like this realize that there isnt enough drive yet for people to do shit.
    look at Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle".
    everyone an theyre grandma read that.
    twice even.
    Maybe its jus a coincidence that at the time that book was published there were NO credit cards, there was a small upper and mid class [miniscule compared to todays],a huge lower class,no billions being spent on advertising cosmetics and foods so artificial they can eventually kill you,no billion dollar fashion industries, drug wars that killed multiple times as many people as politically driven ones didnt exist. . but maybe its not.
    however that book also had to do with personal health.
    a lot of the documents released either arent affecting people yet,or arent directly affecting the majority of readers,which is another thing. We are for the most part desensitized. Everythings a million miles away. They dont broadcast todays wars the way they did during the 1900s.
    I give major props to the heads behind wikileaks,whether it endangers people or not,I believe in anti censorship as far as nations are concerned.
    and the idea of hacktivisms pretty cool.
    reminds me of Ghost In The Shell :3

Anyways,thanks for posting this topic,the more people are informed the better.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  6. NiL

NiL Elite Member

7. otter

otter Senior Member

Good read mfa

8. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

Wikileaks is a double edged sword. Everyone has the right to know whats going on behind the scenes, we're all humans and we share this planet. Government transparency introduces a new factor that politicians/gov' officials have to take into account when making decisions, its a lot harder for them to justify their hidden agenda's, basically, by keeping them honest. Its interesting to see how countries interact with one another through the leaked diplomacy cables, some of them are actually really funny.

Wikileaks, however, hasn't revealed anything too ground breaking, it hasn't validated any crazy conspiracy theories. What it has done is jeopardize good relations between countries and the safety of informants, spies, and other semi-innocent people behind the scenes, its named names that should probably be kept secret. I like transparency but I don't really like how some of these leaks wantonly throw a lot of people under the bus.

I like it more than I dislike it, and I know the people at wikileaks want full disclosure but I think they'd make a few more friends if they edited some names out.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  9. BlesrOne

BlesrOne Member

i dunno it bugs me how governments keep information out of the publics hands but like i dunno... maybe we cant handle it :/ im really into conspiracy theories and shit but like i realize that things are complicated and the theories are just like a simple explanation for many things and maybe alot of these conspiracies are bullshit. i used to preach to people about the illuminati and new world order all the time but im sick of sounding like a crackhead. it sucks that the vast majority of people are ignorant and believe that the the government is fine and nothing is sinister about it but i cant blame them because of how the media brainwashes people. sometimes when i ponder about conspiracies and shit i think its an unhealthy way to think but i have a gut feeling i am right and i am one of the few people who can think for myself.

10. TheMilkKid

TheMilkKid New Member

I believe Wikileaks is a nice balance to what government has become today; people need to know what really is going on behind the scenes because it's not all peace and love like were taught to believe. On the other hand though most people today are about as ignorant as they could possibly become. Giving these idiots information such as Wikileaks is capable of producing, is scary. Education in this country needs to do a 180 ,but that's about as likely to happen as a news channel airing something that the government doesn't want to advertise. Wikileaks has the potential to turn the world upside down in a time when its most needed. Julian Assange should have been Times Man of the Year, not the creator of facebook...

11. KromeInk

KromeInk Member

If you actually look at WikiLeaks it is actually on the side of the bad guys in government. WikiLeaks is not all is seems. It was funnded by zionists to be used as a propagander tool to persuade the people that a war against Iran is just.

12. KromeInk

KromeInk Member