Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Zombie Apocalypse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IlikePie, Aug 20, 2009.

Share This Page

1. TheMurderousMisterMero_

TheMurderousMisterMero_ Banned

bullshit dude.it would help.the flames would destroy tissue to a point that it wouldnt be able to chase after you.i mean it wouldnt die but it cant chase you if its body is a charred mess.

my choices...
    View attachment 504710
    fn2000 for its accuracy and the ability to be fitted with all types of modifications
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.scottishmist.com/assets/weapons/Bow_Arrow.jpg
    silent and long ranged.a well placed shot from this could take a zombie out from far away without alerting any zombies
    [insert machete picture here]
    i had a hard time choosing between a machete and a katana.i went with the katana based on the fact that its more versitile.you can use it for all types of shit.sorry i couldnt get a picture

2. La Coka Nostra

La Coka Nostra Elite Member

a pike might be good if you are fighting single zombies at a time.
    but if they're swarming on you, that shit is useless. you're going to get it stuck in one of them, and not be able to get it back out. if you hit one of their major arteries, blood will most likely spray you. i'm going to bet that if there was ever a real live zombie infestation, nobody would survive.

3. el Matador

el Matador Member

that fn2000 looks like a nice gun to use :p
    if this goes down ill be wearing a suit and a heavy duty sword and probaly a couple machetes and daggers.

ai638.photobucket.com_albums_uu107_MidnightWolfe_swordsman_1.jpg

4. TheMurderousMisterMero_

id post up in a compound of some sort.kinda like the castle idea.i would bring other survivors with me but they would b quarintied for atleast a week for observation.instead of gathering alot of supplies id op to grow my own in the compound/castle whatever.and raise chickens for eggs and meat.maybe ill find one near a river or someting where i can fish aswell.idk.but i mean even on a small compound i could grow apple trees and oranges and shit like that.whatever.also i would make obstacles of somesort in the way of the castle.extra walls,barbed wire,ditches,whatever.and like zof said maybe some tar running down the side but idk where ill get that.zombies cant climb right?

5. TheMurderousMisterMero_

it depends on if their the living dead zombies or zombies by some kinda disease.if were talking about living dead zombies their heart wouldnt be pumping so blood wouldnt squirt it would just fall due to gravity.if its some kinda disease then just shooting them in the heart or something like that would kill them due to the lack of blood flow to the brain which would kill them basicly but im guesssing were talking about the living dead which in that case you wouldnt neccessarily have to kill the brain but just immobalize them to the point they cant chase you.no chasey no bitey.

6. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

lol the gun from Splinter Cell eh lol

7. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  8. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

9. BigBlueViolence

BigBlueViolence Elite Member

10. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

everyones on the idea that bringing guns will save them, because theyre so powerful. problem with guns is that you cant just find ammo for them in most malls, or houses, forests, etc. and you cant carry enough bullets to last you more than a day.

my plan would be getting a group together to hide in a police station, barricade any unnecessary windows/ doors, grow food inside and take regular trips to find more survivors and supplies. take the trips with the cop suv's and whatnot. obviously guns and lots of ammo and protection are at your disposal. massive building with tons of space for a lot of people. plus it already has a heli pad.

awww.samurai_swords_for_sale.com_store_images_P_peach_katana_paul_chen_samurai_sword_blade.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://world.guns.ru/smg/fn_p90_1.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.psolis.com/thepoint/uploaded_images/havok-star-710952.jpg

11. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Thats why I have the easy botton...EVeryday use lol.

12. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

are you fucking stupid?

katanas (aka samurai swords) are SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to cut people completely in half.
    they are smithed such a way (folding layers of metal over and over again, along with quenching in cold water to temper the steel) to guarantee the blade is strong, and keeps an edge even with repeated use.
    real katanas are extremely sharp, so sharp they can cut a person completely in half, from shoulder to the opposite hip, with a good swing.

13. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

I think a pike is a good choice if you're elevated by a few feet.
    The whole idea is to distance yourself as much from the zombie as possible with efficiency. The closer the zombie is to you the better chance it has to bite you.
    Although guns seem to be the ideal weapon to drop zombies from a distance they aren't the best choice in terms of practicality.

There is no such thing as an unlimited ammo supply.
    Once you're out of ammo the gun is completely useless.
    No matter how good a shot you are, you're not going to get a head shot every time.
    If mobile carrying loads of ammo will slow you down, and trying to get a head shot while moving is nearly impossible.
    Depending on the type of zombie the noise of firing may attract attention from more zombies.
    At close range most guns will just slow you down. To stand there and pick off one zombie at a time while being swarmed will have horrible results.

The only pro's to having a gun in a zombie situation that I can think of is the element of surprise. If there is one or two zombies in between you and a place you want to reach you can pick them off from a distance. If you want to go prone on a roof top and pick off zombies you'll probably run out of bullets to shoot than zombies to kill, depending on how densely populated the area you're in was before the zombies arrived.

And I will say that shot guns do have good stopping power, if I was running through an open area with zombies around I think it would be ideal to keep them off of you. But in a defensive scenario the shot gun will ultimately slow you down.

14. El Chupacabre

El Chupacabre Senior Member

15. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

This^

16. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

This^

Weapons are only a last resort in preventing a zombie from biting you.
    Given the choice between ANY of the weapons mentioned, i'd rather opt for this:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.productappeal.com/photos/uncategorized/nike_shox_turb_oh_mens_running_shoe.jpg

Guns allow you to drop zombies at a distance, but they run out of ammo.
    Melee weapons don't run out of ammo, but you need to be in close combat with a zombie, and to be realistic, that's fucking insane.
    The best thing to do is put as much distance between zombies and yourself as possible.
    If you make sure the zombies can't reach you, then they can't bite you, and you have the smallest chance possible of becoming infected.

You'll never be able to be completely safe with your silly weapons.
    But if you prevent zombies, and the zombie virus from reaching you, then you'll live.

17. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

shoes don't really count as a weapon, but whatever :p.

so how long do zombies live, without eating humans? like 3 days, from lack of nourishment?

18. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

They can eat each other if push come to shove. Cause its basicly humman....But just brain dude with and BIG infection...Am i correct?

19. SKECH-91

SKECH-91 Member

i bought a machete today =]
    ai128.photobucket.com_albums_p197_SKECHBARRERA_machete.jpg
    and i might go for this look when the zombies attack
    ai128.photobucket.com_albums_p197_SKECHBARRERA_machete1.jpg

20. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

all i know is you better be tight w. this guy

ai421.photobucket.com_albums_pp293_The_Light_InTheDark_LeonScottKennedy.jpg