Posted by newz12 on 1 year ago
We take a break of graffiti to share with you what is happening in Montreal right now. What started as a student strike about 3 months ago is now becoming a large scale social revolt in our city streets and in the whole province of Québec. 2500+ arrests later, it's definitely not slowing down. Click the links below to learn more, see what is happening and SPREAD THE WORD:
- Live broadcast of the protests every night: CUTV.
- Montreal's student protesters defy restrictions as demonstrations grow: The Guardian.
- Bill 78, emergency law making basically all the current protest illegal: Wikipedia.
- Quebec passes 'emergency bill' on student protests: BBC.
- Our Not-So-Friendly Northern Neighbor: New York Times.
- Surreal scenes and mass arrests amid new attempts at peace in Quebec: Vancouver Sun.
- Quebec's 'truncheon law' rebounds as student strike spreads: The Guardian.