Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

An Inconvenient Truth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dajam410, Feb 5, 2007.

Share This Page

1. dajam410

dajam410 Senior Member

View the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5q4uGP1RIs

"You don't need to like Gore, or trust him, or even believe him to get a swift kick in the pants, one that'll scare the hell out of you..."

This film is utterly shocking, and would make even the most unethical and close-minded people think. Even if you haven't seen the film, even if you simply don't like Al Gore, post your thoughts on Global Warming.

If you're interested in taking action visit http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/ for more info.

2. Zealot

Zealot Elite Member

You think North America doing anything is going to help? I just heard on CBC the other day that in Beijing, 1000 new cars hit the road every day... for every North American that takes action theres ten chinese who are just discovering how luxurious it is to drive a car.

I'm all for stopping Global Warming but realistically we aren't going to change.

3. ptownbomber

ptownbomber Senior Member

as soon as that ocean current thing stops we r gonna go in a ice age, that is if nothing happens

4. dotone

dotone Elite Member

we all die anyways.

5. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

its to expensive to change our ways....either way were fucked....but as zealot said im up for changing it but it will never happen.

6. mind.or.matter

mind.or.matter Senior Member

I think i saw that movie, didnt realy care though but now that i think about it, its pretty fuckin scary,
    I mean it didnt even snow until fuckin January! and people say that there's no such thing as Global Warming <_<

7. dotone

dotone Elite Member

yeah the earth is fucked. tis irreversable. oh well.

8. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

well my kids are fucked

9. anarchy

anarchy Elite Member

i dont fuckin care if it it happening.

i think its the natural process every 15000 years or so (i think thats it) the earth has a drastic weather change.

people think they can solve everything and everything happens because of somthing humans did.

EARTHS GETTIN WARM OMGZ RIDE UR BIKE DONT DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

btw- its not proved its because of ANYTHiNG we did

10. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

use a white mop and a black mop not a can of paint!! ;)

11. Slushi

Slushi Banned

It's lame. Its Al Gore standing there talking about global warming, with occasional flashbacks from his shitty life.

My civics teacher got it bootleg.

12. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

sure buddy.
    because humans aint cutting down the rainforrest and making species of animals go extinct...

ya the earth goes through cycles, but that dont mean that we aint fuckin it up

13. cn4m

cn4m Senior Member

word.

and the problem is that everyone says i can help. no one says i will help.
    same with that bullshit war.
    i can revolt and change the world. but i'd rather sit here and watch the news, find out about stuff that actually affects me......... bah!

14. newbornsek

newbornsek Elite Member

wow are you fucking dumb?
    you clearly have never seen the movie, or done any basic research in this
    its one thing to say i dont give a fuck, and im gonna polute all i want. but its another to deny that we have caused this. The United Nations just released a report on this, and i think you should do a little research. These little "natural cycles" that the earth goes through, everyone on the earth dies. What do u think happened to the dinosaurs
    peace

15. ''SCC''

''SCC'' Senior Member

16. ThaBlackWallStreetGang

ThaBlackWallStreetGang Senior Member

We don't have the technology to do anything at the moment.
    Maybe in a couple centuries. But not now.

We're only capable of destruction. Our human nature is to survie at any cost, and be surviving WE destroy anything to accomadate our wants.
    So before we can actually look forward to changing our fate
    everyone has to do their part to seperate their needs from wants.
    Then maybe we can start to save some of our resources, and start to make a difference.

17. cn4m

cn4m Senior Member

18. Caikerrr one niinee..

Caikerrr one niinee.. Senior Member

im all for helpin n shit. but fucksake. the last thing we should be doing is the current recycling techniques. the costs outweigh the benefits. shats all topsy turvy. yeh...

were fucked anyway. we can't stop it. no matter how hard we try. as long as i aint directly harmed (yes it's selfish an' what fuck you.) then i aint fussin...

19. that one esse

that one esse Senior Member

the movie flat out scared me. i knew it was happenning but not at the rate that it is. were in to deep now, its irreversible. nobodys doing anything about it, theres a handful that are but most arent. the biggest problem is our population we mulitiply so fucking fast. theres 8 billion people in the world. all the books you kids have at school say 6, and most arent more than 10 years old. after seeing it i tryed to change somewhat and i held to some of it but for a real change to come we need to re-invent the human race and our lifestyles. one more thing before i post this, the oil industry. bush and his politic friends and there industry giant friends make money off the oil we get and sell to the american people-and the illegal mexicans. so if we stopped using oil, which we have the technology to substitue it for other things (ever heard of the guy who made his car run on water? he was on some news in some rural state and a week after he was mysteriously killed..hmm how dud that happen, car blow up?) then the politicians would lose money, and thats all they give a fuck about. like immortal technique says "i love where i live, but hate the people in charge."

20. dajam410

dajam410 Senior Member

You're ignorant, and rather stupid if you don't think humans did this. <_<

Open up your mind and watch this DVD, or do some research on what you THINK you're talking about. Before you know it, you just MIGHT not make an ass of yourself!