Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Best Spray Paint from Retail Stores

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by nerd., Jun 7, 2020.

Share This Page

1. nerd.

nerd. Senior Member

Hey, I'm trying to buy some good spray paint for bombing from Home Depot, Lowes, Michaels, Walmart, Target or Hobby Lobby. I don't really know where to begin. I dont want to buy online. What are your go-to buys? Thanks.

2. Matt Wrigh

Matt Wrigh Elite Member

Some Michael's sell Montana which is great paint and comes in low pressure cans that are much more forgiving for learning. Other than that, I recommend Rustoleum!!

3. nerd.

nerd. Senior Member

which rustoleum should i get? I see a bunch of different kinds, does it even matter?

4. Matt Wrigh

Matt Wrigh Elite Member

I prefer the Painters Touch 2X Ultra Cover Paint + Primer

5. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Yup those are what I use also!...and there really nice with adapters....hobby lobby sales ironlaak and sugar paint also, i sometimes use ironlak for my outlines

6. ElbowMacK187

ElbowMacK187 Elite Member

I use dollar cans and rustolem x2 cover . they got a great color palete I be fucking with the tall krylons with the extra wide male tips . they work nice if you have the valspar caps . and if you can find the old painters touch that shit is fucking bees knees . but for dollar can flat blacks for shadeing and outlines or even fills with fades I fucks with em always have there water but they got there place .

7. nerd.

nerd. Senior Member

where the hell do i get dollar cans? and i heard krylons were no good because of something to do with the caps or something.

8. nerd.

nerd. Senior Member

thanks, i'll look out for those.

9. dingus-0111

dingus-0111 Member

Walmart has colorplace cans at like 98 cents each. they are pretty watery cept for the black that is atleast serviceable to use if you are on a budget. And for caps on colorplace the stock cap is alright and will get you by, but, I prefer using ny fats and lego caps on them.

10. ElbowMacK187

Home depot got dolar Cans too and some times the cheap dollar store/ family dollar. carry red devils for 1.50 $

11. ElbowMacK187

And yeah krylons suck but 360s are almost gone every where I'm talking about the taller krylons . they gut a widder tip there funky some collors are. Great some are trash