Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Best Way To Clean Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by INCO, Aug 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. KireOne

KireOne Senior Member

dont know if this has been said, but if you have some money to spend you can grab the montana gold color "cap cleaner". theres cheaper ways tho

$0.02

2. graff437

graff437 Banned

3. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

i dont think its really worth cleaning caps. but just throwing something out there. maybe soaking them in some sort of paint thinner and oil mixture. my friend would always take my old caps and do something like this to them and then use em for himself. it seemed to work for a while but they def clog easier then when there new.

4. triphippy

triphippy Senior Member

Just soak them in acetone and blow them out

5. AcidOneK10

AcidOneK10 Member

you can put it in warm water and clean it with brush, I am cleaning them like that ;)

6. triphippy

triphippy Senior Member

Hmm never thought of that

7. AcidOneK10

AcidOneK10 Member

or you do not need brush, just scratch cap with the finger after you dip it into a warm water... just try :D

8. triphippy

triphippy Senior Member

Im just gonna have 2 try that soon

9. AcidOneK10

AcidOneK10 Member

that's the way I clean them and it is successful, the paint should be removed by fingers after the cap was in the water about 5 minutes... good luck and come back to tell us have you done it successfully :D

10. IbuprofenTablets

IbuprofenTablets Banned

yeah, I just add not warm- HOT water for a few minutes and the cap comes back to life.

I don't think soaking the caps in paint thinner works, I tried soaking mine in mineral spirits overnight and it did jack squat. Idk.

11. Foo

Foo Senior Member

Paint thinner or acetone is pretty good if the paint is fairly new but it will get the shit off the outside. If you can see the paint from the bottom up usually I just poke it with a paper clip to get it loose then run some water through it and the shit works.

12. triphippy

triphippy Senior Member

Most of the paint on my tips is pretty new anyway thats probly ywhy acetone works on mine