Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bi-Weekly Battles

Discussion in 'Battle Forum' started by bugs-one, Dec 20, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Andy B

Andy B Senior Member

I finished mine too late to get it in. Dope pieces all around. I'm voting for theillfunkfreaka, my second would be Odd_Otto. Props to Zoup for maintaining this. Outstanding to all. Get up and stay safe.

2. PeskDos

PeskDos Elite Member

gotta give my vote to zoup this has been the cleanest sketch from you ive seen.
    but eba has the best flowing letters out of the bunch imo.

3. Classic

Classic Senior Member

Pesk - why don’t you join in these, I’ve seen some of your stuff your decent, you should get in there

yeh - looks most ready to paint out of all of them, like how you value letter style over add ons and what not. I’d probably us a bottom bar of the K and extend that right as my horizontal bar vs the E. Right bar of M looks too long, I see you wanted that to go below the horizontal bar of the e then have it loop back up

Matt - just keep at it, bottom half of the letters are to longated but your close to a break through

watch - keep at it, maybe look to add some curve bars in there to compliment the hard lines and angles, close to a break through as well

Ill - your letters have style for sure but each letter is like it was drawn in its own then forced to be next to each other. Like the S going to far into the K, I did the same thing with my I. Look for ways to work your letters together. Perhaps add a low horizontal bar shooting off the bottom of your K to match the low horizontal bar you have off the bottom of your M. Repeat the same moves = consistency = flow. Also maybe borrow from Odd s technique of putting some bars/plates whatever behind your letter bars to take up some of all that negative space.

odd - digging it. Love that K. Only thing I noticed was to many blocks/plates add in up top that aren’t connected to anything. I do random bigger plates like that behind my letters to give them a nice background as well. Nice little trick/tip to use

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  4. Classic

Classic Senior Member

Apologies for the criticism, I’m certainly in no position to give unsolicited criticism but a couple of you are real close to putting it all together.

odd gets my vote, yeh second. I’d vote satire every battle so I feel bad for sat that he has the best entry but not my vote but I imagine he gets it.

5. EBA

EBA Elite Member

Ha... Nah.... I appreciate it but this is all just for fun.

6. SumYungGai

SumYungGai Elite Member

7. Matt Wrigh

Matt Wrigh Senior Member

I appreciate constructive criticism as long as its presented respectfully!! We are all here for practice and I learn alot dissecting how everybody attacks these words!! I appreciate the encouragement and I think this is one of the better threads on the site! Big ups to @zoup for managing the buisness end for us. Let's keep this shit rolling!!!

8. Yeh

Yeh Member

Classic for me on this but everyone went big, happily be next to any of these on a wall.

Appreciate your work Zoup in keeping these battles running. After not being on BS for around 16 years I came back to look for motivation to sketch new things during the current lockdown.

Look forward to the next word

As to why I chose Skema instead of the other variations - I knew a guy who wrote Skema a long time ago so it seemed the obvious word to me.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  9. ElbowMacK187

ElbowMacK187 Elite Member

10. IcieGr8pe

IcieGr8pe Senior Member

11. Aristo

Aristo Senior Member

Zoup gmv

It's been cool seeing how you've progressed over the years ever since I joined back in 2015

12. watchawant

watchawant Member

Sick battle, going to have to give it to classic tho!

13. EBA

EBA Elite Member

So it was a tie between Classic and Zoup?

14. zoup

zoup Elite Member

lmao its not a tie, i appreciate the love tho. @Classic is the winner of the SKEMA'S Battle, you have till monday to pick the word, or @EBA @Odd_Otto @Theillfunkfreaka picks word tuesday.

15. EBA

EBA Elite Member

Classic votes:
    Me
    inkbits
    Yeh

@zoup votes:
    Pesk
    ElbowMack
    IcieGr8pe
    Aristo

I was wrong. Not a tie. Zoup got more votes.

Am I wrong? Maybe I missed something. Claim it homie. You earned it.

16. Classic

Classic Senior Member

Zoup won, pick a word homie

17. zoup

zoup Elite Member

4sure lol, lets do MANTZ Matty Mantz is a las veags rollerblader that recently passed, dude was doing things on blades in 1997 that i still cant decades into skating, straight up legened and his lastname seems fun to write.
    New word is "MANTZ" deadline friday 26.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  18. EBA

EBA Elite Member

19. Theillfunkfreaka

Theillfunkfreaka Senior Member

I miss inline being in the xgames

Screenshot_20210220-090216_Photos.jpg

20. Classic

Classic Senior Member

Buried the T, style changed from the M to the Z ... just can’t put it all together

9D80A90B-5C53-48FF-ABA4-1806D2C1B883.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021