Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bi-Weekly Battles

Discussion in 'Battle Forum' started by bugs-one, Dec 20, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Classic

Classic Senior Member

2. watchawant

watchawant Senior Member

That dbsecc is real nice, liked caron_400's calligraphy, tough choice but would say classic's entry just edges it!

3. TERV

TERV Member

so mine is complete dogshit is that what everyone is saying

4. *STRIX*

*STRIX* Senior Member

Nah bro. yours is pretty cool, maybe more colorful but otherwise its pretty good. and nobody voted for me either but its cool. dbsecc, classic, watchawant, and caron_400 are just better and advanced writers.

5. dbsec

dbsec Member

Gmv Classic
    Next word?

6. Jainz13

Jainz13 Senior Member

it's what strix said, yours is fun, for sure. but if i were you, I'd try to simplify a bit for the next round. Maybe less arrows and letters all the same width - think in bars. But you're clearly having fun with the colors and that's dope

7. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

It's not dog shit but it ain't up to par.

Look at what classic, whachawant and bdsecc posted. They all have solid basic down. Each letter feels like it belongs next to each other, they flow well, they have the same weight.

You have different thickness for different letters and inside the same letter. The top, middle and lower bar of your E all have different size. It feels inconsistent. All your letters should feel the same size, no matter what style you are going for.

Don't put arrows directly on your letters, like on your k. Instead do straight letters and add connections that go into different empty spaces to fill up your piece.

Imo you are trying to fly before you can run. We all go through that phase, it's normal, but you have to recognize it and go back to work on the basics. Which are your tag and your straight letters.

8. Andy B

Andy B Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about it Terv. My pieces are trash and ain't even on the same level as the rest of these guys. I don't care if I win or not, get a vote or not. I do this for fun. I keep it simple with my letters.
    As for getting better, practice, practice a lot. Its like anything else, you got to know the fundamentals first. And listen to these hitters here.
    So, what's the next word gentlemen?

9. bad boy

bad boy Elite Member

aattachments_office_net_owa_Joni_Harju_40edu_lempaala_fi_servica8b9342fd9d3806461fd27e0a612522.jpg

I made those tags to the whiteboard of the classroom;):):p

aattachments_office_net_owa_Joni_Harju_40edu_lempaala_fi_servica8b9342fd9d3806461fd27e0a612522.jpg

10. EBA

EBA Elite Member

You would really help yourself a lot if you posted to the toy forum. There is good feedback to found there.

11. zoup

zoup Elite Member

@watchawant is the winner of the "KEVIN" BATTLE, deadline to pick word is monday or @Classic / @dbsec picks the word tuesday.

watchawant.jpg

12. watchawant

watchawant Senior Member

Cool can the new word be "FREEMAN"

13. zoup

zoup Elite Member

New word is "FREEMAN" DEADLINE friday, may 21st.

14. SumYungGai

SumYungGai Elite Member

unknown1.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  15. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

16. EBA

EBA Elite Member

17. Andy B

Andy B Senior Member

I'm hoping that the rest of you hitters out there are just waiting until the end of the week. Otherwise my sorry piece might make it to fourth place. Get up and stay safe.

Freeman.jpg

18. EBA

EBA Elite Member

That's actually one of the best you have done.

Be proud of where you are and keep working.

19. Classic

Classic Senior Member

Looking good Andy B ... highly suggest you take a black sharpie and just run it along the outside lines. Helps trap/frame the colors and your piece has a nice depth look to it and it will only enhance that even more.

I can draw something .. it can look whack .. then i just do a thicker black outline and it suddenly pops

20. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

Great advice. Also get a white paint pen and put some highlights. Liquid paper also does the trick imo.